Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 11 Sep 2001, 07:31 (Ref:144795)   #1
AGGY
Racer

AGGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari 550

Opps,this was a reply not a new thread.

David P

My Torana is a LC with a highly developed 186-destroked to 138...for reving purposes...it has 86kw.

I have defeated HSV 255kw..and BMW M3 LOL.

Many years ago i had a 350 HG Monaro,i crashed it and couldn`t bear to build another one,but don`t think i can`t drive.

The problem with the older V8 supercars is what i call comfort/power ratio,the Monaro didn`t have air/steer,and i used Mazda 929 seats.

Look at the SS or XR8,they are like Fairmonts with handling,plus air/steer,boombox and very comfortable.

Plus a decent Mon these days is 15k+,for a 30yr old car,XR8`s are 22k after 6yrs.

So i would never buy one again,certainly not to cruise around in summer.

As for the Ferrari,i think they have produced a classic shape,the rear end is pure Ferrari and over time i think the front will age well,plus it will take a long time to better those specs,it will be a supercar in 25yr for performance.

Last edited by AGGY; 11 Sep 2001 at 07:33.
Old 12 Sep 2001, 02:12 (Ref:145152)   #2
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Aggy, why on Earth would you want to destroke a 186 to 138, sure it will rev harder, but so what! An engine is designed to make power not rev, revs are simply a means of obtaining power. Also, 86kw is far from impressive for a torana, it's seriously gutless in my books. Geez, my little 1600 Datsun makes 85hp at the wheels from a rather mild engine. I have a number of friends with LJ Toranas, they're all getting well over 200hp at the flywheel.

You seem to display a tremendous amount of confidence in your driving ability, I wonder what you have to base that on. You were boasting how you had beaten 255kw HSV and BMW M3 in your Torana. I hope you're referring to a supersprint on a race track or similar. Racing on the streets isn't racing at all. It's just a bunch of ****ers kidding themselves. It means nothing at all and it will get you or someone else killed, sooner or later.