Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 21 Jul 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1359948)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Champ Cars At Indy

Since f1 left indy the indianapolis road course only has about 2 events. The champ Cars should do a race there because it would be a great return to indy and, they all run on bridgestones!
Old 21 Jul 2005, 10:33 (Ref:1359980)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmmm the chance of Champ Car running at Indy is nill. Even though Champ Car is more popular than the IRL there, it will never happen, do you really think TG would let them race there? And do you think Champ Car would want to race there, especially on the road course.
Old 21 Jul 2005, 11:31 (Ref:1360005)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Clearly they would never allow this to happen.

Not sure if there's any evidence one way or the other about which is more popular though.
Old 21 Jul 2005, 12:59 (Ref:1360088)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The attendance figures within mainland US are quite evenly-matched when you ignore the 500, but a lot of ChampCar races are in cities and undoubtedly get a lot of spectators who have no interest in racing for the rest of the year, whereas the IRL perhaps has a more solid fan base. Conversely, I think races which have switched from ChampCar to IRL have often lost viewers in the first year.

On topic, this is extremely unlikely. Historically there was only 1 race a year at Indy, and ti didn't make the place unpopular or unprofitable. Besides, the level of hatred between OWRS and Tony George (and some of their respective fans) just makes it extremely unlikely that they would sit down and discuss the idea.
Old 21 Jul 2005, 13:01 (Ref:1360090)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Not sure if there's any evidence one way or the other about which is more popular though.
There was a poll by an Indy newspaper voting which series was the most popular in Indiana.

Champ Car won, I have mentoined this before some where?
Old 21 Jul 2005, 13:15 (Ref:1360108)   #6
Electrocuted
Rookie

United States
Electrocuted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
There was a poll by an Indy newspaper voting which series was the most popular in Indiana.

Champ Car won, I have mentoined this before some where?

The poll was on the Star website....... website polls are not an accurate measure of true popularity. Website polls are a measure of how many "get out to vote, vote often, clear cookies and vote again."

The poster who has a "multiple speed-vote" program on his computer busted himself out during the Long Beach vote. He was racking up a few thousand votes within minutes.

And,,, honestly,, CART was probably more popular in INDY during the early split years? But the bankruptcy and the CC grid since then has turned a lot of people off. CC has hit bottom and will need to spend a few years rebuilding the fan base before being popular in the US.
Old 21 Jul 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1360138)   #7
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did nobody get the bridgestone joke?
Old 21 Jul 2005, 14:01 (Ref:1360144)   #8
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
This thread shows risks of degrading very quickly, so let's not allow that to happen. Let's not discuss which series is more popular, ect. It's purpose is to discuss any possibility that ChampCars may someday run on the road course at IMS. And that's all it is for...
Old 21 Jul 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1360180)   #9
mwrmt
Rookie

Canada
BC, Canada
mwrmt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The split and dislike/hatred b/t these 2 series will never allow this to happen...

..................................................unless of course KK & GF buy IMS from TG.
Old 21 Jul 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1360252)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1
did nobody get the bridgestone joke?
I'm afraid most people elected not to praise you on your comic mastery, but instead chose to discuss the topic. Odd.

Oh and BTW, never happen. Have a look round the CC and IRL forum to see why and also get an idea how 10 tenths works.
Old 21 Jul 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1360257)   #11
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
I was just saying and i thought it might be funny thats all
Old 21 Jul 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1360261)   #12
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We're here to discuss motor-racing, not what "might be funny".
Old 21 Jul 2005, 17:24 (Ref:1360270)   #13
Electrocuted
Rookie

United States
Electrocuted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oops. Back to topic,,,,,,,

It will never happen. IMS would get GrandAm or ALMS to run a "10 Hours of INDY" race.

Besides,, is F1 really out?? Bridestone has bought 20,000 tickets for next year,,, for something??
Old 21 Jul 2005, 17:26 (Ref:1360273)   #14
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
The attendance figures within mainland US are quite evenly-matched when you ignore the 500, but a lot of ChampCar races are in cities and undoubtedly get a lot of spectators who have no interest in racing for the rest of the year, whereas the IRL perhaps has a more solid fan base.

Besides, the level of hatred between OWRS and Tony George (and some of their respective fans) just makes it extremely unlikely that they would sit down and discuss the idea.
I think the IRL actually has better attendance in the US if you look at raceday figures. They actually aren't doing badly at a lot of tracks. Champ Car has struggled at most of its US venues. This is where the weekend figures for Champ Car come into effect because it means they can milk the same cow twice, which presumably helps a lot. I'm not sure that the IRL does have a better fan base, just look at the TV ratings. You make a good point though.

I don't know that the Champ Car owners or TG really hate each other, although I'm sure there's some bitterness. I definately agree that it would never happen.

I agree that online polls are less than scientific, but I'm not so sure I agree that they all get corrupted. There are all sorts of political online polls done. If anyone was going to try to stuff the online voting box it would be political hatchetmen, yet those polls usually seem to have fairly reasonable results.
Old 21 Jul 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1360307)   #15
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
obviosly I was wrong, ok
Old 22 Jul 2005, 02:06 (Ref:1360534)   #16
Cowboy
Racer

Canada
Alberta, Canada
Cowboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NickyF1, I caught the joke and had a good laugh at it.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 02:09 (Ref:1360535)   #17
Cowboy
Racer

Canada
Alberta, Canada
Cowboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
We're here to discuss motor-racing, not what "might be funny".
Well, some things in motor-racing are funny. A little humor never hurt.
Old 22 Jul 2005, 08:53 (Ref:1360652)   #18
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
like your attitude

but champ cars at indy wont happen.
this idea for a thread just came into my head
(oh no i just done it again)