Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Jul 2003, 21:15 (Ref:665265)   #1
TuscanR
Racer

England
Hertfordshire
TuscanR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Irony at the British Grand Prix

Just had to share an ironic moment with the rest of you Ten-Tenthers, When Rubens had his little off he seemed to upset the local wildlife ( a hare ) which promptly ran off straight up the pit lane after much gasping and finger pointing people were then discussing the possiblities of the rodent getting squashed, it just seems odd that people payed all that money to watch the best drivers in the world drivng the finest feats of automotive engineering in the world and they end up watching a bloody over size rabbit!:confused:
Old 18 Jul 2003, 21:45 (Ref:665288)   #2
Sim_Da_BTCC_Man
Veteran

Sim_Da_BTCC_Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its england. It Happens. Its not like these things can be exterminated until out of a 50 mile radius.
Old 18 Jul 2003, 23:05 (Ref:665335)   #3
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But everyone likes a cute little bunny..

I'm just amazed that they can stand all the noise!
Old 19 Jul 2003, 03:36 (Ref:665416)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Silverstone Hare is an annual legend. Anyway Minardi need something to race!
Old 19 Jul 2003, 04:05 (Ref:665420)   #5
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL! Oh, that's cruel Peter!

Why shouldn't everyone stop to look at the bunny? It adds both drama and humor to the event.

Rabbits, BTW, are lapines... Not rodents. So there. Nyahh!
Old 19 Jul 2003, 05:13 (Ref:665433)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's not odd, I remember at one of the press conferences for the Cart race in Montreal last year, Bruno's big complaint was about a squirl that crossed the track and distracted him...he said the organisers should 'do something about the problem'
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 19 Jul 2003, 06:07 (Ref:665440)   #7
Stevespurr
Veteran

Stevespurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We had a newt at Mallory last weekend it didnt last long!
Old 19 Jul 2003, 08:35 (Ref:665469)   #8
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Damon Hill complained at Montreal '97 that his Arrows couldn't pass a marmot (variation on the small furry mammal theme) on the straight, but fortunately he was able to take it under braking for the hairpin...
Old 19 Jul 2003, 11:03 (Ref:665519)   #9
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there was a deer at Austria a couple of years back. On the season review vid you can hear the Williams team talking to JPM about it; Montoya says "Oh dear" or some equally bad pun, and the team don't get it...!
Old 19 Jul 2003, 14:51 (Ref:665649)   #10
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Stefan Johanson hit a deer at Austria, it ended up in the car with him I believe. The team painted one on the cockpit with a cross through it! Tim Lee Davey hit a Silverstone Hare in a Porsche 962 and took the nose of the car (and rather more off the hare, poor thing)

I was marshalling at Club a few years ago when a hare was running around on the track 5 minutes before qualifying. Someone in the crowd asked me seriously) why I couldn't catch it. I carry a lot of equipment, but hare traps are not amongst it!

Last edited by Woolley; 19 Jul 2003 at 14:52.
Old 19 Jul 2003, 14:53 (Ref:665650)   #11
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And there was another hare that went splat in a DTM race a few years ago.
Old 19 Jul 2003, 16:58 (Ref:665682)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it was Franchitti that hit that one Lee, or Dumbreck, definately a Scottish driver.
Old 19 Jul 2003, 17:36 (Ref:665696)   #13
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heh - Ferrari have a Toad and a Prawn on the pit wall!
Old 19 Jul 2003, 17:52 (Ref:665702)   #14
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think it ironic at all that everyone prefered to look at the hare rather than the "action" on track!!!LOL

Several years back a cobra wondered onto the track during quals(?) for malaysian(?) bike GP's.
It felt the bike comming and did it's big rearing up threat thing
Old 19 Jul 2003, 20:39 (Ref:665792)   #15
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not really in the same genre of racing but at the 2CV race at Snetterton there were many rabbits running alongside and across the track, especially in the early morning.
i also remeber a cat on the main strait close to midnight, if it hit a 2CV which do you think would come off worse?
Old 19 Jul 2003, 20:44 (Ref:665796)   #16
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Janotta
And there was another hare that went splat in a DTM race a few years ago.
for those with open (sick ) minds there is a video here
http://www.video-clips.co.uk/
click on the link "dont hit the rabbit"

before i get accused of being sick myself this was found by my friends for the ammusing stuff...

Last edited by Smokey 6 litre; 19 Jul 2003 at 20:45.
Old 19 Jul 2003, 21:10 (Ref:665821)   #17
Junior Senior
Racer

Junior Senior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cobra incident in Malaysia invoved 125cc rider Gino Borsoi who tipped into a corner only to find a large local reptile as his apex, the cobra reared up and puffed its "cheeks" out, only for Gino to nail the unfortunate creature smack in the mouth with his knee-slider..... Rider-1 Wildlife-0.
Old 19 Jul 2003, 21:13 (Ref:665822)   #18
LittleX
Rookie

LittleX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

You should try cleaning up after hitting one of them things! It ain't the nicest job in the world.
Old 20 Jul 2003, 05:45 (Ref:666009)   #19
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Smokey 6 litre
not really in the same genre of racing but at the 2CV race at Snetterton there were many rabbits running alongside and across the track, especially in the early morning.
This really tickled me-which do you think is quicker,the hare or the 2cv?LOL
Old 20 Jul 2003, 06:50 (Ref:666017)   #20
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is actually the MP18, its sooooooooooo revolutionairy, that it doesn't even look like a formula 1 car
Old 21 Jul 2003, 11:39 (Ref:666992)   #21
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Deer regularly cross the track at Road Atlanta. One made the broadcast a couple of years ago, sharing the spotlight with a back flip by Bill Auberlin in whateveer he was driving at the time (he ended up on his wheels but against a wall).
Old 21 Jul 2003, 11:59 (Ref:667009)   #22
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're used to bunnies at racing circuits. I photographed one or two scampering around on the track over the weekend. The one hurtling from the pitlane entrance down the grid was particularly fast - I think it must have wanted Martin Brundle's autograph.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 12:10 (Ref:667027)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
A couple of years ago, during one of the free practice sessions, a rabbit ran out in front of Eddie Irvine who was going full chat down the Hanger Straight. Eddie slammed on the anchors and the bunny lived another day (to proberbly run out in front of another driver ). The crowd went wild that the bunny was safe!!

Yesterday, another rabbit (or maybe the same one!!) ran from the enterance of the pit lane all the way across the grass section, across the track then onto the grass again and behind the barriers. (where the cars come into the stadium complex), I thought the thing would end up having a heart attack, afterall, it was going faster than the Minardi's

Last edited by Mr V; 21 Jul 2003 at 12:11.
Old 22 Jul 2003, 19:53 (Ref:668706)   #24
high contrast
Retired
Racer

high contrast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh you youngsters!...I remember Nuvolari hitting a Stag in practice for the British Grand Prix his Auto Union at Donington before WW2!
They stuffed it's head and presented it to him!...But thats when racing drivers were men!
Old 22 Jul 2003, 20:02 (Ref:668727)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by avsfan733
It is actually the MP18, its sooooooooooo revolutionairy, that it doesn't even look like a formula 1 car
And doesn't take part in races either....