Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 23 Oct 2009, 04:47 (Ref:2567630)   #226
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
I'll believe this second Bamboo car when I see it, assuming its true which car have they purchased?
Bamboo will be running their second car at the ETC, having purchased the car being run by Duarte Felix Da Costa.
Old 23 Oct 2009, 10:40 (Ref:2567793)   #227
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
So who's going to take the plunge and knock up the traditional table of runners and riders? (I've totally lost track of who and what are appearing now!)
Old 23 Oct 2009, 13:06 (Ref:2567927)   #228
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Bamboo will be running their second car at the ETC, having purchased the car being run by Duarte Felix Da Costa.
Any idea which car Bamboo's second Lacetti is? The first pics on the ETCC site show it's in the blue Chevy colours with the addition of Bamboo logos, rather than Bamboo's white paintscheme as seen on Vaulkhard's car

http://www.fiaetcc.com/2k9/press/gal...W=750&maxH=550

http://www.fiaetcc.com/2k9/GalleryV3...5FFriday&id=30
Old 23 Oct 2009, 14:18 (Ref:2568008)   #229
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
So who's going to take the plunge and knock up the traditional table of runners and riders? (I've totally lost track of who and what are appearing now!)
Doing one, will post when finished.
Old 23 Oct 2009, 15:14 (Ref:2568049)   #230
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Good man
Old 23 Oct 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2568202)   #231
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Any idea which car Bamboo's second Lacetti is? The first pics on the ETCC site show it's in the blue Chevy colours with the addition of Bamboo logos, rather than Bamboo's white paintscheme as seen on Vaulkhard's car

http://www.fiaetcc.com/2k9/press/gal...W=750&maxH=550
The link given shows the 2nd car acquired by Bamboo.
They're running it in blue this weekend, I'm guessing prior to bringing it back to the UK post race. Vaulkhard has confirmed that this car will be run by Bamboo in the BTCC next season (drive pending).
Old 23 Oct 2009, 19:55 (Ref:2568247)   #232
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's done but I think there's an issue with the table code making it look screwy. I'll post it anyway.

Note : this is not exhaustive

Entry
?
RAC?
RAC?
RAC?
Silverline?
Silverline?
Airwaves
Airwaves
?
?
Sunshine
Bamboo
Bamboo
Bamboo
TH
TH
Forster
Forster
Wood
Volvo
Parker
Thorney
?

Sorry tried editing this to help - appears summats up with t'forum - see what it's like tomorrow - touringlegend.

Last edited by touringlegend; 23 Oct 2009 at 22:34.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 07:10 (Ref:2568459)   #233
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would list the teams rather and possible title sponsors as I don't think any of them other than Aon have confirmed there back in 2010.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 09:14 (Ref:2568525)   #234
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
It's done but I think there's an issue with the table code making it look screwy. I'll post it anyway.
Something like this?

EntryTeamCarDriverNotesVerdict
?Triple 8??Have Vectras, linked to Kia and othersPossible
RAC?WSRBMW 320siColin TurkingtonSurely he'll be backProbable
RAC?WSRBMW 320siStephen JelleyDittoPossible
RAC?WSRBMW 320si?Third car?Possible
Silverline?RMLChevy Lacetti?Jason PlatoReturn? Cruze?Probable
Silverline?RMLChevy Lacetti??Still Jackson? Cruze?Probable
AirwavesMotorbaseBMW 320si?Return? Still Collard?Probable
AirwavesMotorbaseBMW 320si?Return? Still Adam?Probable
?DynamicsHonda CivicMatt NealSurely going back to the family business?Probable
?DynamicsHonda Civic?More than 2cars possible - Honda backing?Probable
SunshineTech-SpeedHonda IntegraPaul O'NeillIt would be a shame for him to not be herePossible
BambooBambooChevy LacettiHarry VaulkardDone ETC with themProbable
BambooBambooChevy LacettiDuarte Félix da Costa?Done ETC with themPossible
BambooBambooChevy LacettiNathan Freke?Reports of talks with teamPossible
THTHHonda IntegraJohn GeorgeRetirement?Possible
THTHBTC-T CivicMatt HamiltonBudget?Possible
ForsterForsterBMW 320siMartin DepperLet's seeProbable
ForsterForsterBMW 320siArthur ForsterGetting funds together for second carPossible
WoodWoodHonda IntegraLea WoodAccording to TCTPossible
Volvo?Volvo C30Jason Plato?Rumour won't go away - JP claims first option on seatPossible
ParkerParkerBMW 320si?Considering?Possible
ThorneyThorneyWant BMW or VauxTom Onslow-Cole ???Autosport reporting consideringPossible
???Phil GlewTested a BTCC car 
Old 24 Oct 2009, 10:03 (Ref:2568548)   #235
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Should AON not be in the list? They're already testing.

Bamboo are running their second car as I write, preparing for next season. They also have the BTCC calendar listed on their website as dates they are competing in 2010.

Bartrum has said 'We will now go away and test, raise a good budget and come back to the championship next year knowing what we have to do to be successful', which is as good as confirmed at this stage.

I would put 888 as unlikely at present; their own website seems to concentrate on the Caparo project, and reads like they've finished with BTCC altogether.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 10:30 (Ref:2568565)   #236
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Arena should be on the list, although not necessarily with AON. Mike Earle has said they could be looking to run 3 cars.

Agree that 888 are unlikely. There's a quote from Ian Harrison in Autosport this week admitting that they are looking at option in and out of BTCC but currently have nothing planned for BTCC.

RML have said they would like to continue but it all depends on finding a sponsor and on what cars they sell over the winter.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 11:18 (Ref:2568613)   #237
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
As Grahame Chilton is chairman of AON Speciality, and Mike Earle has said that Tom Chilton will continue to drive for the team next year - I'm going to make a suggestion that it will continue to be Team AON backed with Chilton funds.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2568630)   #238
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Very Likely

1 Colin Turkington West Surrey Racing BMW 320SI
2 TBA West Surrey Racing BMW 320SI
3 Tom Chilton Arena International Ford Focus
4 TBA Arena International Ford Focus
5 TBA Arena International Ford Focus
6 Jonathan Adam Motorbase Performance BMW 320SI
7 Rob Collard Motorbase Performance BMW 320SI
8 TBA Motorbase Performance BMW 320SI
9 Harry Vaulkhard Bamboo Engineering Chevrolet Lacetti
10 Nathan Freke Bamboo Engineering Chevrolet Lacetti
11 Matt Neal Team Dynamics Honda Civic
12 Johnny Herbert Team Dynamics Honda Civic
13 Martin Depper Forster Motorsport BMW 320SI
14 Arthur Forster Forster Motorsport BMW 320SI
15 Lea Wood Team Wood Honda Integra
16 Matt Hamilton TH Motorsport Honda Civic Type-R

Likely

17 TBA Team Parker Racing BMW 320SI
18 Martyn Bell Techspeed Racing TBA
19 Paul O'Neill Techspeed Racing TBA
20 David Pinkney Team Dynamics Honda Civic
21 Michael Johnson Boulevard Team Racing TBA
22 Jason Plato Ray Mallock Limited Chevrolet Cruze
23 Mat Jackson Ray Mallock Limited Chevrolet Cruze
24 James Nash Ray Mallock Limited Chevrolet Cruze Possible
25 Andy Jordan Team Eurotech TBA
26 Gordon Shedden Club SEAT SEAT Leon
27 Erkut Kizilirmak Techspeed Racing TBA
28 Anthony Reid West Surrey Racing BMW 320SI
29 Adam Jones GR Asia SEAT Leon

Possible

30 TBA GR Asia SEAT Leon
31 TBA Thorney Motorsport TBA
32 TBA Thorney Motorsport TBA
33 Jason Hughes Team KWR Sport MG ZS
34 TBA Team KWR Sport MG ZS
35 Nick Leason TBA TBA
36 John George TH Motorsport Honda Integra
37 Liam McMillan Maxtreme SEAT Toledo Cupra
38 Olly Mortimer TBA TBA
39 Phil Glew TBA TBA
Old 24 Oct 2009, 15:08 (Ref:2568728)   #239
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
liam mcmillan has been running his toledo, with new engine at a track day. raf marham was the site of the test. hopefully means he'll be back.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2568738)   #240
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
As Grahame Chilton is chairman of AON Speciality, and Mike Earle has said that Tom Chilton will continue to drive for the team next year - I'm going to make a suggestion that it will continue to be Team AON backed with Chilton funds.
Unless Ford are backing the team (as rumoured).
Old 24 Oct 2009, 16:33 (Ref:2568760)   #241
Aunt Sally
Veteran

Aunt Sally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back on topic. Aren't AON supposed to be sponsoring Manchester United to the tune of £50m? Will they still carry on with the Ford?

Last edited by Hazard; 24 Oct 2009 at 18:22. Reason: Edited to make sense as original post responded to has been removed
Old 24 Oct 2009, 16:36 (Ref:2568761)   #242
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are these rumours of Ford backing? Surely they haven't got enough money or inclination to fund a BTCC team? Even the WRC squad is reliant on BP and Abu Dhabi cash.

Would've thought, at best, a situation like we've had with Dynamics in the past, is most likely (if there is to be a change on 2009) in which Ford offer limited support.

Also I'm sure I read in Autosport a couple of weeks back that Nathan Freke's squad was looking at expanding into the Porsche Cup, with him at the driving duties. Has he been linked to Bamboo as well?

Regarding Adam and Collard at Motorbase, particularly the former, is he a "Very Likely"? I just wonder as obviously last year you'd probably have said Stephen Kane was in a similar situation, but obviously got replaced. Would've thought both Adam and Collard are likely, but not 100% signed yet (unless I've missed that of course!).

Think there's still plenty of runners on the list too who are going to need some funds, so like many have said, I don't expect to see many of those confirmed until Media Day or beyond.

Oh and one final point to discuss while I'm at it. Will Eurotech be back? I thought the team was all packed up at the end of last season, so are they likely to reform to give Andy a drive? Fair enough they've got some backing, but would it not be easier to take that to an existing team, like this year with Triple 8.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 16:42 (Ref:2568765)   #243
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sally View Post
Back on topic. Aren't AON supposed to be sponsoring Manchester United to the tune of £50m? Will they still carry on with the Ford?
Do we know roughly how much they put into the BTCC? As I can't imagine it was 'that' much (relatively) in total. Don't forget the likes of Garmin, as well as backing Dynamics have countless other sponsorship projects that are bigger (ok not £50m big!). Just because AON have signed the United deal, doesn't preclude them from other smaller deals to maintain a broad porfolio, or whatever the marketing speak is.

Also do we know if AON will still back Max Chilton in GP2 next year? So there could be a potential saving there if not, or indeed another increase of spending that would put the BTCC deal in threat, if you see what I mean.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 17:07 (Ref:2568771)   #244
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
AON was an accidental omission. I think Arena will be back next year, but if they aren't they'll have a challenge selling those cars.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 17:56 (Ref:2568793)   #245
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Airwaves have dropped their sponsorship in BSB, who knows what that means for Motorbase? Good or bad. The way Motorbase have been talking it sounds like they have all confidence in retaining that deal.

I'm sure AON will be back, afterall would you start talking about winter testing if you are not sure of next year? Anyway whether AON are there or not Chilton I have no doubt will.
Old 24 Oct 2009, 20:00 (Ref:2568860)   #246
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Airwaves have dropped their sponsorship in BSB, who knows what that means for Motorbase? Good or bad. The way Motorbase have been talking it sounds like they have all confidence in retaining that deal.

I'm sure AON will be back, afterall would you start talking about winter testing if you are not sure of next year? Anyway whether AON are there or not Chilton I have no doubt will.
As I understand it, Airwaves are quitting BSB in favour of BTCC. I remember reading that they've have been blown away this year by the ammount of exposure sponsoring Motorbase has brought them this year compared to a season of BSB. So yes, Airwaves will continue in the BTCC next season.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 14:10 (Ref:2569356)   #247
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
As I understand it, Airwaves are quitting BSB in favour of BTCC. I remember reading that they've have been blown away this year by the ammount of exposure sponsoring Motorbase has brought them this year compared to a season of BSB. So yes, Airwaves will continue in the BTCC next season.
Interesting that Airwaves feel that way. Assuming BSB/BTCC trackside attendances are similar, it'll be down to ITV4 coverage vs Eurosport viewing figures.
Old 25 Oct 2009, 17:51 (Ref:2569482)   #248
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Interesting that Airwaves feel that way. Assuming BSB/BTCC trackside attendances are similar, it'll be down to ITV4 coverage vs Eurosport viewing figures.
I think that is the main pulling point, yes. 6 hours of live race action including the 3 BTCC races live can't be bad for exposure!
Old 27 Oct 2009, 00:20 (Ref:2570428)   #249
STAR Driver
Rookie

United Kingdom
STAR Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupOfOne View Post
Do we know roughly how much they put into the BTCC? As I can't imagine it was 'that' much (relatively) in total. Don't forget the likes of Garmin, as well as backing Dynamics have countless other sponsorship projects that are bigger (ok not £50m big!). Just because AON have signed the United deal, doesn't preclude them from other smaller deals to maintain a broad porfolio, or whatever the marketing speak is.

Also do we know if AON will still back Max Chilton in GP2 next year? So there could be a potential saving there if not, or indeed another increase of spending that would put the BTCC deal in threat, if you see what I mean.
I imagine Tom & Max will both retain their AON backing, what with the Vice Chairman of AON Group being one Grahame Chilton...

Edit: Apologies, I see this point had already been raised back a page. Sorry for the repetition. Sorry for the repetition.

Last edited by STAR Driver; 27 Oct 2009 at 00:26. Reason: Realised someone else had already raised this point!
Old 27 Oct 2009, 06:31 (Ref:2570545)   #250
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its fair to say Chilton and Vaulkard are well funded drivers therefore there place on the grid is secure however I can't see either becoming champion.

I would like to see a manufacturer come in and do guest drives like in the Porsche Cup, zero ballest for the car would give new talent the chance to be put in the spotlight.
Closed Thread