Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 23 May 2006, 04:12 (Ref:1616778)   #176
MRKEENASMUSTARD
Rookie

MRKEENASMUSTARD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yea lets stick to this one going Ford ?........
Old 23 May 2006, 04:26 (Ref:1616782)   #177
V8's rule
Racer

V8's rule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by go the fords
Whats going on out there. All sorts of good discussions going on and they split up into fragmented parts on differant threads. I liked this one with varing subjects about the NZV8s.....now its a full time job finding where the posts are........I miss you guys..........and tracie
GTF, You are so right...Its most annoying...I am equally sure its the moderator's way of ticking us off, after some of us have obviously over stepped the mark....not you GFT I am sure, and hopefully not myself, but then you never quite know whats gone down, that we dont know about...One thing they seem to be paraniod about is the threat of being sued, so obviously some people have threatened them..If thats the case you would have to think such threats came from a multi-national corporation.. As I am certain if say you, or I, threatened to sue them,they would fall about laughing...What ever I believe we have to try to get ONE THREAD going that they can live with...So we need a leader to start that thread and then send us all private messages to get in behind it...What do you think? I am fairly knew to this scene, but would like to see my favourite class of New Zealand motorsport be an on-going subject of debate and good natured rancour [if such a thing is possible with in the literal meaning of the word]...Your challange should you choose to accept it is to lead the way if not you, who else?
Old 23 May 2006, 04:56 (Ref:1616785)   #178
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's wrong with just using this thread? Oh and anyone got any news on Wade Henshaw.I would imagine he would be itching for a drive if he can find some financial support?
Old 23 May 2006, 05:32 (Ref:1616792)   #179
go the fords
Rookie

New Zealand
...Auckland
go the fords should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to stay with just one thread......this one....
As for Wade he is concentrating on the engine development side of the business. He had 2 engines in the class last year and did some coaching with Clark Proctor. Wade has great " street fighting " skills in the art of racing as is a great talent. He will not race this comming year as he needs to get some engines out there with a leese programe and is not into spinning his magic on someones own engine. I also hear he might be a crew cheif next year on a ford........He is starting to see the light and was spotted last season wearing a blue shirt at least at two rounds..........hes a good guy and has great skills.It would be great if the rumor is true
Old 23 May 2006, 05:53 (Ref:1616799)   #180
Tracie
Rookie

Tracie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thread would be great if we do behave ourselves

my issue was that the moderator closed the whole thing down when it was only one subject that appeared to get up their nose --- so suppose it will be up to us to keep it seemly!!!

It is good to see people like Wade getting involved in team management - when is the NZV8 annual general meetings and when will we know what the rules will be for next year?
Old 23 May 2006, 07:58 (Ref:1616865)   #181
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by go the fords
Whats going on out there. All sorts of good discussions going on and they split up into fragmented parts on differant threads. I liked this one with varing subjects about the NZV8s.....now its a full time job finding where the posts are........I miss you guys..........and tracie
See my post about splitting the threads. Something that was actually suggested by several persons in this thread. Including the one you mention above.
Old 23 May 2006, 08:03 (Ref:1616870)   #182
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8's rule
GTF, You are so right...Its most annoying...I am equally sure its the moderator's way of ticking us off, after some of us have obviously over stepped the mark....not you GFT I am sure, and hopefully not myself, but then you never quite know whats gone down, that we dont know about...
Yes of course it is. What else could it be. Because we have nothing better to do with our time than sit around trying to think up ways to **** off 2 dozen New Zealanders. Actually the idea was that if there were different threads, we might be able to lose some of the nastiness, spite, cliquiness and general "off-puttingness" of your thread and maybe get a few more people interested in your sport.

Quote:
One thing they seem to be paraniod about is the threat of being sued, so obviously some people have threatened them..If thats the case you would have to think such threats came from a multi-national corporation.. As I am certain if say you, or I, threatened to sue them,they would fall about laughing...What ever I believe we have to try to get ONE THREAD going that they can live with...So we need a leader to start that thread and then send us all private messages to get in behind it...What do you think?
I always find it fascinating when I see these posts from people who have absolutely no idea what goes into running a site like this. More importantly, you really don't care as long as you get to do exactly what you like at someone else's expense.

Quote:
I am fairly knew to this scene, but would like to see my favourite class of New Zealand motorsport be an on-going subject of debate and good natured rancour [if such a thing is possible with in the literal meaning of the word]...
So would we. however, the nature of the people discussing it appears to preclude that.

Quote:
Your challange should you choose to accept it is to lead the way if not you, who else?
The only sensible comment in this post. Too little, too late however.
Old 23 May 2006, 08:20 (Ref:1616886)   #183
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie
One thread would be great if we do behave ourselves

my issue was that the moderator closed the whole thing down when it was only one subject that appeared to get up their nose --- so suppose it will be up to us to keep it seemly!!!
We never had a problem with it just being one thread. It was at the request of several thread participants that we looked into splitting the thread out into different subjects. Those participants believed having only one thread was contributing to the ongoing problems. Just to refresh your memory, one of those PMs was from you.

Speaking as "the moderator", I closed this thread down because I felt it was bringing your sport into disrepute and affecting this site's reputation.

Nothing I've seen recently has persuaded me otherwise. You're all far more interested in fighting a totally non-existent battle with this site than you are in talking about your sport. When you're not doing that, you're slagging off other people from your sport from behind the safety of a pseudonym.

I and the rest of the mods have better things to do with our time than deal with you.

I'm closing this thread down. Any other threads will remain open for now - the second there is any trouble, they'll be closed down too.

I'm not going to ban discussion of NZ motorsport, because I don't see the point. There is very little discussion of NZ motorsport here anyway. The majority of what happens here is nothing more than spiteful gossip from a bunch of people too cowardly to openly identify themselves.

I have been in contact with another forum that has discussions on NZ racing - I believe you know it "tracie" as you have posted there regarding this site - and indeed myself.

They have indicated that anyone who is genuinely interested in discussing the sport is welcome there

As always, if anyone has anything to say about this, send me a PM. I'm sure at least one of you will start some rant thread or try and derail another thread anyway. Still, at least that will prove that my assessment is absolutely correct.