Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Feb 2003, 13:45 (Ref:518317)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John McLoughlin Illness - Very serious!

Some news of concern that I thought you would want to know.

Quote:
JML TEAM PANOZ

25th FEBRUARY 2003
MEDIA RELEASE - BRASELTON, GEORGIA
>
>
MEDICAL UPDATE: JOHN McLOUGHLIN
>
>
JML Team Panoz owner and Technical Director, John McLoughlin suffered a stroke on Saturday, February 22.
>
The experienced sportscar and Formula One engineer was transferred to a nearby hospital where he underwent surgery to repair a blood clot on the brain.
>
He is presently listed in critical condition but doctors are pleased with his progress following the incident on Saturday afternoon.
>
McLoughlin is currently sedated in an induced coma to aid in the reduction of swelling and is expected to remain in intensive care for at least two weeks.
>
Following consultation with McLoughlin's family and Panoz marque founder Don Panoz, the team will continue its preparation for the forthcoming opening round of the American Le Mans Series, the 51st Annual Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring.
>
"Everybody involved in the new team are obviously very upset with what has happened, but John is receiving the best of medical attention and our prayers are with him for a speedy recovery," Panoz said.
>
"John has had a remarkable effect on the people involved in setting up this new team and I am sure it would be his wish that the team not interrupt its focus on preparations for Sebring.
>
"John has a lot of friends in the motorsports industry hroughout the world and we all hope that he will be back to full health as quickly as possible."
>
Get well cards and greetings can be sent to: JML Team Panoz, 5294 Winder Highway, Braselton, Georgia, 30518, USA.
My thoughts and prayers are with John's family and all the folks at Panoz.
Old 27 Feb 2003, 03:41 (Ref:518882)   #2
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts and prayers are with him, as I know what a stroke can do to people.