Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 May 2005, 07:53 (Ref:1299681)   #51
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't have BigPond or broadband, does that mean I can't listen to Panelbeaters anymore?
Old 13 May 2005, 08:19 (Ref:1299698)   #52
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
I don't have BigPond or broadband, does that mean I can't listen to Panelbeaters anymore?
No you can still listen.

clicky

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 13 May 2005, 17:49 (Ref:1300110)   #53
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But they weren't on last night, were they??
Old 14 May 2005, 00:15 (Ref:1300449)   #54
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PanelBeaters is now ONLY broadcast on the friday night of V8 race weekends.
Old 27 May 2005, 07:32 (Ref:1311339)   #55
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's on tonight at 6:30pm AEST
Old 27 May 2005, 09:51 (Ref:1311431)   #56
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
OR as Brad Jones called it "The Anel Eaters"
I guess he's no fan of P.B
Old 27 May 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1311507)   #57
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
....just going over a few rumours from tonight...

Longhurst to buy out Dynamik and move to QLD...

..was it the Stones to buy LMS..didn't quite catch that one

...and they gave Rusty and the girls a fair workout.

...Richo to SBR but overridden by Holden boss..

...Toddler to leave HRT but staying Holden (seemed pretty definate)

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 27 May 2005, 11:54 (Ref:1311512)   #58
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
....just going over a few rumours from tonight...

..was it the Stones to buy LMS..didn't quite catch that one
No it was Ross Ambrose to buy LMS, Ross is the father of the soon to be 'hole in the wall gang' member. Both Mr Ambrose and Mr Larkham have denied they are talking, the panel members agreed they think talks are happening.

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 27 May 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1311521)   #59
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG
No it was Ross Ambrose to buy LMS, Ross is the father of the soon to be 'hole in the wall gang' member. Both Mr Ambrose and Mr Larkham have denied they are talking, the panel members agreed they think talks are happening.
right got that.

Old 27 May 2005, 12:07 (Ref:1311523)   #60
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
right got that.
LOL something tells me you knew

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 27 May 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1311529)   #61
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
LOL something tells me you knew
no mate I didn't catch it at the time as the cfo had the tv roaring in the back ground (bb I think)...if its been in any of the magazines I don't buy them thanks to the GST and short pockets.

Old 27 May 2005, 21:19 (Ref:1311976)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Marcos should stop getting these fines shouldnt he so he can help kick the tin, like a good son should
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 28 May 2005, 03:09 (Ref:1312123)   #63
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You have to wonder when the Longhurst option on the other Dynamik L1 expires, and if this is indeed the franchise that Jim Morton and Paul Cruickshank have their eye on.

The Panelbeaters was a very interesting show last night. It needs to go back to be a weekly offering though
Old 28 May 2005, 03:24 (Ref:1312128)   #64
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Marcos should stop getting these fines shouldnt he so he can help kick the tin, like a good son should
ok dumb question.......is he involved?????????

Old 28 May 2005, 04:02 (Ref:1312135)   #65
Just Do It!
Veteran

It would seem he might have some pulling power with Ford similar to Brighty. Of course, it'd be hard to justify while he is racing in another country.

Surely Ross Ambrose would be better to pool his resources into a more permanent NASCAR effort for his son, but each to their own......

Its obvious which option would show more commitment.
Old 28 May 2005, 09:53 (Ref:1312301)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
You have to wonder when the Longhurst option on the other Dynamik L1 expires, and if this is indeed the franchise that Jim Morton and Paul Cruickshank have their eye on.
The 2 Team Dynamik L1 franchise licence slots are apparently on the open market for sale. They would likely be expensive though... certainly in the region Mr Gore reportedly paid Mr Perkins for his pair of L1 franchise licence slots...

Quote:
The Panelbeaters was a very interesting show last night. It needs to go back to be a weekly offering though
It is Cromley's pet project, and the plan seems to be to get the show back to a commercial radio station, which should assist in achieving a weekly program. If only it were a little longer as well...

Quote:
Quote:
ok dumb question.......is he involved?????????
I somehow doubt it... the price allegedly out in the open market would preclude many of the current suitors from consummating....
Old 28 May 2005, 10:51 (Ref:1312343)   #67
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:
The 2 Team Dynamik L1 franchise licence slots are apparently on the open market for sale. They would likely be expensive though... certainly in the region Mr Gore reportedly paid Mr Perkins for his pair of L1 franchise licence slots...
I think Longhurst said on TPB that he has the option on the other Dynamik franchise (car) ....subject to finance......and TL to partner Max at Bathurst.

......and there was a mention of Jones getting the Longhurst franchise (cheap)??

Old 28 May 2005, 10:55 (Ref:1312346)   #68
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
Quote:

I somehow doubt it... the price allegedly out in the open market would preclude many of the current suitors from consummating....
......would make a nice place to come home to when Nascar duties are done with........if Mr Ford would like to help??

Old 28 May 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1312414)   #69
Just Do It!
Veteran

It depends what you call expensive. What Gorey paid for the Perkins licences certainly isn't expensive compared to what Larry was initially asking for them. $2.5 million for a pair of Level One licences is probably a fair price, more so when you consider that the Britek operation paid $1 million for the Ellery L2 licence. There is some uncertainty surrounding whether it was ever a sale or if it is leased, but the Imrie L2 was approved for sale to Britek for $800,000.

Is there a cheaper licence in the marketplace today? In all reality, probably not. Does it make sense to pay somewhat of a premium for a licence that comes with all the elements of a turn-key operation including sponsors? Probably, especially when such a package hasn't really ever changed hands. Usually a licence is available when a hand is forced eg. Ellery Racing and comes without any sponsorship whatsoever
Old 28 May 2005, 21:39 (Ref:1312873)   #70
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
I think Longhurst said on TPB that he has the option on the other Dynamik franchise (car) ....subject to finance......and TL to partner Max at Bathurst.

......and there was a mention of Jones getting the Longhurst franchise (cheap)??
There is a unique franchise ownership structure in place for the Dynamik licences at the moment... and the only way to unwind that is to sell the pair of them, to remove the encumbrance....
Old 28 May 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1312875)   #71
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
It depends what you call expensive. What Gorey paid for the Perkins licences certainly isn't expensive compared to what Larry was initially asking for them. $2.5 million for a pair of Level One licences is probably a fair price, more so when you consider that the Britek operation paid $1 million for the Ellery L2 licence. There is some uncertainty surrounding whether it was ever a sale or if it is leased, but the Imrie L2 was approved for sale to Britek for $800,000.
Are these Kiwi dollars or Aussie? The numbers on the sales are out of the ballpark by a percentage....

Meantime Mr Imrie still owns his franchise... having only leased to Britek this season with an option to buy
Old 29 May 2005, 02:34 (Ref:1312986)   #72
Just Do It!
Veteran

Aussie dollars, and the source was extremely accurate, without going into detail.

But if they are out by a percentage, then it would be interesting to know by how much.
Old 29 May 2005, 09:00 (Ref:1313146)   #73
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
There is one team owner happy to sell his cars, team and franchise for $20 million....
Old 29 May 2005, 19:40 (Ref:1313927)   #74
Just Do It!
Veteran

....everyone has "their price", I guess.

Be that Blue or Red?
Old 29 May 2005, 21:13 (Ref:1314043)   #75
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Blue... or red...