Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 3 Dec 2010, 22:21 (Ref:2799298)   #1
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any driving examiners on here?

I've got my test next week, and I'm taking it in my own car, a 1995 Corsa.

Its already taxed, MOT'd and fully road legal, and according to the DSA website, all I need to do extra is fit an additional interior mirror for the examiner. Any idea where I can get one? I haven't looked in Halfords but if they do one, it'll most likely be a replacement for the main mirror, so quite a lot larger than it needs to be?

Also, the site says ''displaying L-plates ('L' or 'D' plates in Wales) on the front and rear, but not interfering with the driver's or examiner's view''. I have my front L-plate mounted in the upper corner of the passenger wide of the windscreen because local youths here would rip the one from the front regularly, and magnetic ones would fall off. Do you think mine in the windscreen of my Corsa be in the way, combined with the extra mirror?
Old 3 Dec 2010, 23:23 (Ref:2799311)   #2
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the extra mirrors you could get from tesco's a couple of years and i would guess they still have them
Old 4 Dec 2010, 00:55 (Ref:2799335)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For rear view mirror, visit a scrapyard, find one you like, get one of those mirror adhesive tiles and stick on. Should cost you a couple of quid maximum.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 01:55 (Ref:2799346)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Also, the site says ''displaying L-plates ('L' or 'D' plates in Wales) on the front and rear, but not interfering with the driver's or examiner's view''. I have my front L-plate mounted in the upper corner of the passenger wide of the windscreen because local youths here would rip the one from the front regularly, and magnetic ones would fall off. Do you think mine in the windscreen of my Corsa be in the way, combined with the extra mirror?
it would probably be better for yourself to tie them to the front and rear of the car for the test only - an obstruction to the windscreen is generally regarded in mot terms as something within the sweep of the windscreen wiper. it might not obstruct your view from that point of view, but to be honest i personally wouldn't drive with something that significant on my windscreen. it's hard enough having to have eyes in the back and sides of your head without something that substantial getting in the way of the ones you do have in the front
Old 4 Dec 2010, 08:48 (Ref:2799424)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Do not have anything in or on the screen apart from the mirrors and tax disc, don't give them any excuses. Also take your MOT cert as there have been cases where cars that have had recalls, Clio 2 for example, have been refused the test without the MOT being presented.
You should get a suction mount mirror from Halfords or any car accessory shop.

Good luck with the test and keep us informed.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 11:53 (Ref:2799476)   #6
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the advice guys and girls, I'm just hoping the snow disappears enough to allow the test to go ahead...