Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Mar 2017, 07:18 (Ref:3721561)   #1
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel versus Hamilton 2017

Anyone else think that this is going to be the real fight? At least, from the opening race - it does seem that way. I'm not ruling out maybe Bottas joining the party, but I think he'll still be behind both Vettel and Hamilton. I don't think that Kimi will be in the picture at all.

Vettel and Hamilton have some history, as they both competed in the lower formulas together. Plus, there was that epic battle at the first Austin Grand Prix.

Anyway, round one to Vettel(return of the finger!) and Ferrari.

A slightly flustered Hamilton realising that he is not going to have it easy this year from now on.
Old 26 Mar 2017, 15:23 (Ref:3721634)   #2
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Remember where you heard this first, but I think that Lewis could be angling towards a move to Ferrari. He paid them many compliments this weekend in interviews and even let it slip that red is his favourite colour (apparently his aeroplane is red)...
Either that or he's started winding Mercedes up early ready for his end of season wage negotiations.
Old 26 Mar 2017, 17:25 (Ref:3721655)   #3
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Remember where you heard this first, but I think that Lewis could be angling towards a move to Ferrari. He paid them many compliments this weekend in interviews and even let it slip that red is his favourite colour (apparently his aeroplane is red)...
Either that or he's started winding Mercedes up early ready for his end of season wage negotiations.
Or possibly whinging that his car can't follow other cars in the dirty air, unlike the Ferrari? Also, the old chestnut of "yeah - but he has the better car, I'm the better driver" from Lewis.

Hmmm, it could be possible that move to Ferrari at the end of the season. I certainly think that Kimi might gone - he just doesn't seem to have the same speed or match Vettel for one thing. Would Ferrari take Hamilton though? Plus, would Vettel like that? I think not.
Old 26 Mar 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3721660)   #4
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari would not jeopardize team harmony by hiring Hamilton for 2018, and beyond. Someone like Giovinazzi, a young buck that can push Vettel, would be more likely.
Old 26 Mar 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3721661)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do Ferrari think enough of Vettel to worry what he would or wouldn't like.....
Old 26 Mar 2017, 20:30 (Ref:3721685)   #6
calderra
Rookie

calderra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Vettel is very, very good to Ferrari. If he wins this championship I foresee an epic breakdown in tears for Schumi. Nobody should be dumb enough to mess that up.

A young driver that will push Vettel is a good idea. In an ideal world you'd get Verstappen onboard, he seems like the most dangerous young gun and with some luck you could team order him and Vettel to not play bumpercars (at least until the end of the season- get some Senna/Prost going).

But we've got a lot of talented young drivers right now. We're spoiled for choice. Play out the season and hope Kimi retires gracefully, if Kimi keeps driving like that.
Old 27 Mar 2017, 09:40 (Ref:3721825)   #7
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I don't see Lewis driving for Ferrari, his image does not fit their MO!!!

I do see a few changes at the end of this season though there might even be a surprise or two....
Old 27 Mar 2017, 10:05 (Ref:3721834)   #8
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I don't see Lewis driving for Ferrari, his image does not fit their MO!!!

I do see a few changes at the end of this season though there might even be a surprise or two....

How about Vettel to Merc?
Old 27 Mar 2017, 15:02 (Ref:3721882)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
How about Vettel to Merc?
It's funny we all think the German image and 4 titles would guarantee him a ride anywhere yet when things don't go to plan he can be as abrasive as a Hamilton or Alonso.

I get the distinct impression messrs Wolff and Lauda are looking to remove that sort of aggravation in future not add to it.

I guess if Vettel decided to jump late in the day they might not have many other A grade choices other than an out of contact Lewis but I don't see him fitting in too well down Maranelllo way!

Then again his driving style would give them the old school warrior with a tinge of theatre (but a 3 time WDC into the bargain) that they used to love al a Gilles, Mansell, Alesi etc etc

However I am seriously going off topic!!

It's interesting that we are talking about a possible Hamilton-Vettel swap and not Bottas? If Valtteri continues to progress within that team at the rate he is doing, keeps his nose clean and nabs a few ins tis year he will be re-signed, and if he isn't he will be attractive elsewhere.

Maybe it will be Vettel and Kimi out of Ferrari and either Hamilton/Ricciardo/Alonso in alongside Bottas
Old 27 Mar 2017, 10:13 (Ref:3721836)   #10
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Depends on the championship by the time negotiations role around. If it ends up with Vettel with a 20 point lead by half way, I think Ferrari would keep Vettel happy.
Old 5 Apr 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3723990)   #11
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We're getting a lot ahead of ourselves in a thread about Vettel VS Hamilton in 2017.

Although it is true that what shapes 2018 will be this year. Kimi had a very good year last year, having the measure of Seb apart from some inspired moments by the four-time world champion. From the first race, though, with the carrot of a race-winning and possibly championship-winning prancing horse dangling from a stick, I can't help avoid thinking that that's it for Raikkonen's hopes of beating him again this year and that Vettel has got this one covered already. It wouldn't be the first time; after four years of title success at Red Bull, he lost his mojo in his year alongside Ricciardo, before looking refreshed again in 2015. He seems to have been hitting a pattern of one year on one year off.

I can see the lure of Ferrari to Hamilton and vice-versa actually, but I doubt we'll be seeing it if Vettel stays. If the Ferrari is good enough to stay in the battle this year, I don't think Mercedes will look appealing enough to Vettel.

As for 2017, Hamilton dropped the ball in Round 1, pitting too early to cover off the Ferrari challenge. It was an own goal rather than a resounding success. Still, with a more daring design than in recent years and decent enough strategy, Ferrari show promise. We've only seen one round, though.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 11:57 (Ref:3724142)   #12
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
This weekend will see a better indication of the battle between Ferrari and Mercedes
Old 10 Apr 2017, 14:14 (Ref:3725300)   #13
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
This weekend will see a better indication of the battle between Ferrari and Mercedes
And we did, superb battle between the two, hope it goes on all season
Old 10 Apr 2017, 17:06 (Ref:3725338)   #14
stripedcat
Veteran

Yesterday, was round two to Lewis. It seemed like he had it all under control. Flawless performance there. Pole, lead every lap and won the race.

Vettel was also pretty good - apart from the start. He managed those mega moves without DRS, suffered a pitstop of 25 seconds and still finished second and 42 seconds in front of his Ferrari teammate.

It's still early days - but I'm pretty sure that it's going to be Vettel versus Hamilton this season. It does look like the Mercedes is probably better at qualifying, whilst the Ferrari is better at following cars in the dirty air - at least at this moment.
Old 6 Apr 2017, 13:54 (Ref:3724163)   #15
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I don't think we can really draw any safe conclusions until the European season starts in May.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 15:04 (Ref:3725311)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
no doubt the early season back and forth means that the decision to really push the development over the season has also been made by both (rich) teams. looking forward to the new packages they come up with for the European leg.

hevent seen a two team development race in a long time! this season is shaping up very nicely!
Old 10 Apr 2017, 15:50 (Ref:3725320)   #17
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Seeing the apparent love-in that's going on between these two at the moment I think the thread title should be changed to Vettel 4 Hamilton (Like we used to write on the school desks when we fancied one of the girls!)
Old 11 Apr 2017, 09:32 (Ref:3725466)   #18
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Seeing the apparent love-in that's going on between these two at the moment I think the thread title should be changed to Vettel 4 Hamilton (Like we used to write on the school desks when we fancied one of the girls!)
The love affair started years ago...

See this finger...

now where can I.., hmmm...

...*sniff*, *sniff*.

Old 15 Apr 2017, 12:25 (Ref:3726573)   #19
stripedcat
Veteran

Quote:
Lewis and Seb sitting in a tree - K-I-S-S-I-N-G! Or, maybe taking each other out at the first corner?

I wonder if they'll crash into one another this year?
Old 16 Apr 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3727137)   #20
stripedcat
Veteran

A second win for Vettel and he is now back in the lead. A good performance from him. It made up for yesterday's qualifying. Seemed to have superb race pace and a good call on the first pitstop and also a better start than Lewis.

It seems like it's going to yo-yo between these two all season long.
Old 11 Apr 2017, 09:07 (Ref:3725454)   #21
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Next race is Bahrain. The hot weather suits the Ferrari. A Ferrari 1-2 is definitely possible.
Old 14 Apr 2017, 13:19 (Ref:3726350)   #22
stripedcat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Next race is Bahrain. The hot weather suits the Ferrari. A Ferrari 1-2 is definitely possible.
It's only possible, if Kimi gets his act together. Here's hoping that he does.
Old 12 Apr 2017, 19:00 (Ref:3725939)   #23
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

That's just awful!!
Old 26 Jun 2017, 07:52 (Ref:3746887)   #24
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
I'm not enjoying seeing and reading about this bromance between Hamilton and Vettel at the moment. Not one bit.

There's just too much hugging, ass kissing, handshaking and praising going on between the two. It's just not right. Not what F1 needs.

Right! Thank goodness that's all over with.

It was clear from the beginning the respect between the two was genuine from one side, and just an act from the other side. So now that true colours have been aired out for all to see, let's get back to normal rivalry shall we?
Old 16 Jul 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3751824)   #25
stripedcat
Veteran

No contest - it's Hamster man! Things are really close now - 1 point between them. Mercedes seem to have the faster car - especially in clean air. Ferrari need to either have better qualifying or make better starts - as well as sort out their tyres.