Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Oct 2010, 17:46 (Ref:2773915)   #151
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
Di Grassi's crash on the way to the grid was very strange - according to the team there was no evidence of a failure on the car, but you don't often see drivers crashing on their out lap on a dry track. Very odd.
That was my thought too. It was a rather distant camera shot, but the car seemed to be steering from the back. Another loose wheel? There seemed to be something in the air in Suzuka.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 18:13 (Ref:2773928)   #152
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He got onto the astroturf and spun. Because he's useless.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2773977)   #153
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's a harsh assessment of Di Grassi. Actually, it doesn't seem an assessment but just a throw-away comment. He's done alright alongside Glock this year.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 02:39 (Ref:2774127)   #154
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It was a deadly boring GP, but he made it just about watchable.
tell me aboiut it ayse, I had to try to wake myself up at 2am....just missed the start--doh!, then tried mostly unsuccessfully to keep myself awake....argh....tired the next day for a so-so race....but yes, he did make it interesting!
Old 13 Oct 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2774253)   #155
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The reason for the increasing delay with your Live Timing is that they started the race coverage in sync with Live Timing but paused the race every time we went to an ad break.... In effect the coverage became less live as the broadcast continued (ie if we went to a break at the start of lap 100, the programme resumed after the ads at the start of Lap 100, when LT would be displaying say lap 102, continuing without pausing.

Channel ONE HD/TEN choose not to pause the broadcast so in effect we go to an ad break at lap 40 and come back at lap 42 or 43.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6157 View Post
Did you post this on the V8 board. They're going nuts over the broadcast not being "live" when in reality they saw the entire race for the sake of being 10-15 minutes behind live.
I didn't.... actually I dont venture in there too often, being not the biggest fan of the V8's of late. Bathurst always get my attention though.
Old 14 Oct 2010, 08:24 (Ref:2774752)   #156
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
He got onto the astroturf and spun. Because he's useless.
So useless, in fact, that he is a paid F1 driver.

Hmmm. Do you get paid to drive in F1?
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 14 Oct 2010, 09:12 (Ref:2774765)   #157
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I seem to recall a certain M. Prost spinning off on a warm-up lap once.......
Old 14 Oct 2010, 10:24 (Ref:2774785)   #158
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I seem to recall a certain M. Prost spinning off on a warm-up lap once.......
Indeed..... San Marino 1991. Berger also went off on the warm up lap at that event, although he was able to rejoin the race. Prost dis not start.
Old 14 Oct 2010, 23:19 (Ref:2775166)   #159
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Indeed..... San Marino 1991. Berger also went off on the warm up lap at that event, although he was able to rejoin the race. Prost dis not start.
And he didn't want to... it was raining and Senna was there...
Old 15 Oct 2010, 11:19 (Ref:2775304)   #160
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
So useless, in fact, that he is a paid F1 driver.

Hmmm. Do you get paid to drive in F1?
None of us get paid in F1 but we all have our opinions.
Old 15 Oct 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2775540)   #161
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
Woah, when was the last time I heard Jenson Button so downbeat? He's very annoyed for someone who finished as high up as he expected was possible...
I he certainly was annoyed. He said he should have been brought in sooner.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2776270)   #162
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
None of us get paid in F1 but we all have our opinions.
Yes, but if you're going to call a driver useless, you need to back it up with some explanation.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 22:18 (Ref:2776346)   #163
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Yes, but if you're going to call a driver useless, you need to back it up with some explanation.
Or some evidence.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 10:32 (Ref:2777046)   #164
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I think his explanation was that LDG spun off en route to the grid.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 10:48 (Ref:2777053)   #165
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I stand corrected that it was a failure if John Booth is correct:

Quote:
“Thankfully Lucas was unhurt in his accident on the way to the grid. We have studied all the information from his car and there is no indication of a failure".
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin.../10/11374.html

From the poor angle we saw it from, the tyres did look at an odd angle as he went off.

If he's useless, is Prost, one of the greatest drivers ever?
Old 19 Oct 2010, 11:03 (Ref:2777056)   #166
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
If he's useless, is Prost, one of the greatest drivers ever?
Why are you arguing with me? I don't agree with ptclaus. I was merely defending his right to express an opinion without having raced in F1 himself.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 12:10 (Ref:2777080)   #167
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I wasn't arguing with you Super Hans. You misunderstood. I was just pointing out that Prost is not useless yet even he managed to spin off once on the warm-up lap.

Old 19 Oct 2010, 12:14 (Ref:2777083)   #168
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

We all have the right to an express an opinion without having raced in F1, but di Grassi is clearly not useless. He's not a Channoch Nissany.
Old 19 Oct 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2777250)   #169
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fine then...