Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 12 Apr 2003, 10:13 (Ref:567104)   #1
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ken Hensley Racing

The 1977 Formula Ford 2000 team of Ken Hensley has been discussed lately on another thread. Here is a centrespread from Autosport in 77 showing their Dulon cars with the oversteering car of the late Ian Taylor, Frank Sytner's car at top left and Ken Hensley at top right.
Ken Hensley was (is?) the keyboard player from the rock band Uriah Heep.FF2000 was a fantastic Formula in the late 70s / early 80s. Many very talented drivers and different chassis constructors.
Attached Thumbnails
77-dulonff2000-hensley.jpg  
Old 12 Apr 2003, 18:42 (Ref:567417)   #2
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Barry Pomfret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ken is still playing keyboards, I met him at a gig in Milton Keynes last year and had quite a long chat afterwards about his FF2000 team. He rarely attends any motorsport events nowadays but still has an interest. I took along the book written by Steve Nickless "Anatomy and development of the Formula Ford" which has a mention of Ken in the section on Dulon cars, he had not seen this before and seemed genuinely interested in the piece.
Old 12 Apr 2003, 22:10 (Ref:567645)   #3
vaughan jones
Racer

vaughan jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didnt Denny Laine, Ex Moody Blues, Wings, Go now was a superb record, as good as Mull of Kintyre and the Frog Chorus were appalling,I think he was involved with Rusbrook Racing, who ran Dave Coyne and others.??????
Old 14 Apr 2003, 06:44 (Ref:568776)   #4
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had that centrespread on my wall for a couple of years
That's so cool Andrew..thanks for sharing

Last edited by PaulSands; 14 Apr 2003 at 06:45.
Old 21 May 2013, 07:33 (Ref:3250950)   #5
Graham Clayton
Racer

Australia
South Windsor, NSW Australia
Graham Clayton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A 1977 press article on Ken Hensley Racing:

http://www.rentrock.nl/fotoboek/racingteam.htm
Old 21 May 2013, 08:58 (Ref:3250989)   #6
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Clayton View Post
A 1977 press article on Ken Hensley Racing:

http://www.rentrock.nl/fotoboek/racingteam.htm
I remember the Mallory Park race really well. Tiff was a favourite at the time with my Mum and she was disappointed he didn't the title. Great days. Mallory was such a good circuit for both classes of Formula Ford with close racing and plenty of overtaking.
Old 2 Apr 2017, 00:33 (Ref:3723169)   #7
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks to the above link, I was able to file this correctly!

Frank Sytner had a garage in Mapperley, Nottingham, before moving into more palatial premises in town and then on to the south side of the city. I remember well him hosting a Nottingham Sports Car Club evening with Frank Williams, both of whom seem to hoon around the city in their younger days! A great evening.
Old 2 Apr 2017, 08:16 (Ref:3723205)   #8
Andy Clegg
Racer

Andy Clegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went to the Gold Cup at Oulton Park with a friend in the '70's. The team were drinking in one of the pubs close to Oulton. Slept in the car in the circuit. Not sure if that was the year there was snow on the ground when we woke.