Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Oct 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2773777)   #26
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I think they should now give DC a regular spot in each GP programme to lampoon a driver/team/sponsor of his choosing......
Yo, dude, crazy Dave hee-ah...

Sniff petrol may have had it right after all.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2773824)   #27
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
No, we must be serious, don't you know!
Hang fire a minute. i didn't start the thread to say this was an outrage and what was he thinking and theres no room for good banter in f1 and all that caper. Just mearly pointing out it was a bit touch and go given the fact he's a contracted Mercedes driver in DTM. I thought it was brilliant and as mentioned before great british wit if not a bit mis-placed.

I mean Cesc Fabregas wore a Barcalona top on the celebrations for the spanish world cup squads triumph. That didn't bother me either it was a bit of fun but you dont have to be a genius to work out its probably not the smartest thing he's ever done do you?
Old 12 Oct 2010, 14:42 (Ref:2773828)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think we appreciate the spirit in which the thread was intended Dan, although it has been taken rather more seriously than some think it should be.....
Old 12 Oct 2010, 14:58 (Ref:2773838)   #29
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Old 12 Oct 2010, 20:10 (Ref:2773991)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
People should remember that Coulthard is not independent, he is a employee of Red Bull and his comments should be considered to be those of a Red Bull spokesperson.

The BBC would be better off getting someone who is not employed by one of the teams or sponsors involved, and until then provide a 'declaration of interest' everytime Coulthard appears.
So you are saying that the BBC should treat people as if they are stupid and can't think for themselves.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 21:07 (Ref:2774017)   #31
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Thanks for the link. Top stuff from DC.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 22:33 (Ref:2774064)   #32
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
I hope this isn't a serious suggestion. Although I do agree that Coulthard's pro-Red Bull bias is tiresome. He hasn't really been out of F1 long enough to lose his allegiances.
I don't find Coulthards pro Red Bull bias nearly as irritating as Brundle's constant sniping at Schumacher. He makes a disparaging remark about Schumacher blowing him off before he even goes near him.
I had a great deal of respect for Brundle, and his ugly jealousy reduces this respect considerably.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 07:59 (Ref:2774198)   #33
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I think we appreciate the spirit in which the thread was intended Dan, although it has been taken rather more seriously than some think it should be.....
Couldn't agree more. Can't believe there's 3 pages worth of discussion tbh...

Selby
Old 13 Oct 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2774213)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I don't find Coulthards pro Red Bull bias nearly as irritating as Brundle's constant sniping at Schumacher. He makes a disparaging remark about Schumacher blowing him off before he even goes near him.
I had a great deal of respect for Brundle, and his ugly jealousy reduces this respect considerably.
Well, for what it's worth IMO, a returning multiple WDC opens himself up to criticism if he's clearly no longer up to par.... I'm with Brundle.

I emphasise - that's my opinion.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2774254)   #35
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
So you are saying that the BBC should treat people as if they are stupid and can't think for themselves.
I thought that was ITV's job?
Old 13 Oct 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2774512)   #36
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Doesn't TGF have a history of not particularly wanting to do interviews on the grid though? I got the impression that that was why Brundle made a comment about it on Sunday.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 13 Oct 2010, 21:40 (Ref:2774579)   #37
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
Doesn't TGF have a history of not particularly wanting to do interviews on the grid though? I got the impression that that was why Brundle made a comment about it on Sunday.
So in essence Brundle is trying to set up Schumacher. Makes a disparaging remark about how he will be treated before proceeding to do something he knows Schumacher doesn't like. Is actually well received, then tries to denigrate the drivers performance, finds that there are sound technical reasons that Schumacher is not further up the grid because the F-duct is sticking, and when he doesn't like the answer walks off before Schumacher has finished talking to him.

Not Mr Brundle's best work.

Sorry I forgot his job is to criticise and orchestrate put downs on Schumacher, not to allow him to speak to the British audience.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2774593)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wow, some impressive reading between the lines mixed with mighty sarcasm there.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 22:05 (Ref:2774595)   #39
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I respect the fact that you are a Schumacher fan - but having watched every race that Brundle has commentated on for the BBC, I cannot agree with your statement that he has constantly sniped at Schumacher - and have witnessed no evidence to support your assertion that he shows "ugly jealousy" of anyone. I believe you are allowing your allegiance to Schumacher to give exagerated bias to your perception and therefore your commentary on what in reality is going on and what anyone, including Brundle, has to say about your hero.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2774596)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
So in essence Brundle is trying to set up Schumacher. Makes a disparaging remark about how he will be treated before proceeding to do something he knows Schumacher doesn't like. Is actually well received, then tries to denigrate the drivers performance, finds that there are sound technical reasons that Schumacher is not further up the grid because the F-duct is sticking, and when he doesn't like the answer walks off before Schumacher has finished talking to him.

Not Mr Brundle's best work.

Sorry I forgot his job is to criticise and orchestrate put downs on Schumacher, not to allow him to speak to the British audience.

All I can say is you must have been watching something very different to me..... Brundle was clearly obliged to try and get Herr Shymacher to say something - it was hardly setting him up.... Michael was obviously in no mood to talk and even when Brundle started in a semi-congratulatory mode by commenting on his position on the grid, he received a monosyllabic answer. I completely disagree with your view - it wasn't what I heard or saw at all.
Old 13 Oct 2010, 22:27 (Ref:2774603)   #41
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Well, for what it's worth IMO, a returning multiple WDC opens himself up to criticism if he's clearly no longer up to par.... I'm with Brundle.

Mine too. A first year F1 newcomer achieving what Schumi has achieved this year would be struggling to keep his seat for a second year in F1.
Old 14 Oct 2010, 00:50 (Ref:2774645)   #42
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Totally agree. My opinion as well.
Old 14 Oct 2010, 07:48 (Ref:2774738)   #43
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Quote:
He makes a disparaging remark about Schumacher blowing him off before he even goes near him.
I apreciate what you're saying but in fairness to MB talking to Schumacher is a new thing. I remember in the early noughties he would make the same "disparaging remark" and ask for a quick word only for schumacher to shake his head with a smug grin or turn around completley. Maybe now schumacher has lightened up the remarks will stop.

If you saw the testimonial to Schumacher's career in 2006 after he retired on ITV you would have seen Martin Brundle holds Schumacher in very high regard, and has just as many good words to say about him as his fans do.
Old 14 Oct 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2774943)   #44
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
With you here a 100%

At least it was an honest jibe and a bit of real human interaction - based in fact, and not a lot of politically correct rubbish!

Norbert and Ross have admitted the car is rubbish anyway.

Did the Mercedes guys have a comeback?
No come back at all, they seemed a confused as how to take it.
Old 14 Oct 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2775018)   #45
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
'Up yer pipe!' is a pretty decent comeback, though?
Old 14 Oct 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2775031)   #46
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or, 'Put that in your pipe and smoke it!'
Old 14 Oct 2010, 19:15 (Ref:2775049)   #47
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pretty sure 'Up yer pipe!' was what the mechanic said though!