Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Apr 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3237942)   #26
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Blocking is allowed now, but I remember Jenson was not at all fond of it in his Formula Ford days. He said that he had been brought up to not race like that.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3237974)   #27
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post

If you ask me - Nico's swerving in the race was a bit questionable. Now that could be considered "dirty".
I didn't think Nico was too bad. He was much worse in Bahrain last year when he actually pushed both Alonso and Webber (?) off the track between turns 3 and 4.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3237978)   #28
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As for Perez. I enjoyed his racing and I saw nothing wrong with it. It was hard but fair. I can't recall him moving too much in the braking zones or swerving to block people. He just seemed to put his car in the right place at the right time.

The difference with Rosberg and Perez is that Rosberg gives up and generally isn't too great at defending whereas Perez has another go.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3238058)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now think of him being at Ferrari, where he was supposed to be...
Old 22 Apr 2013, 21:08 (Ref:3238110)   #30
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Now think of him being at Ferrari, where he was supposed to be...
There was a reason Ferrari stuck with Bend Over Backwards Massa.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 22:01 (Ref:3238139)   #31
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I had intended to add something on the subject being discussed, but after reading that, I decided it was not worth the effort.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3238141)   #32
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
And that reason is...?
Old 22 Apr 2013, 22:07 (Ref:3238143)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They don't get this team mate squabbling malarkey seen recently. An astute point.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 23:07 (Ref:3238168)   #34
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So obvious...
Old 22 Apr 2013, 23:09 (Ref:3238169)   #35
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
BOB Massa. Nice one.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 07:47 (Ref:3238257)   #36
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think this may be a watershed moment for McLaren.

I thought Perez showed utter disrespect for both Button and the team by passing and driving in the manner he did. Yes, Button did "brake test" him and I'm not surprised.....

If you are a Hamilton, a Vettel or a Raikkonen, in other words clearly a prodigious talent then possibly you can afford to upset your teammate with little downside. Perez is no Hamilton so I would have thought, since the McLaren is clearly a car with problems, his best interests would be served by having a good relationship with the vastly more experienced Button and concentrate on sorting the car out.

Then he can go for it when he's not racing for minor places.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 07:52 (Ref:3238260)   #37
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WTF? He is a race car driver - let him go!
Old 23 Apr 2013, 07:58 (Ref:3238264)   #38
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
WTF? He is a race car driver - let him go!
Well that's one opinion. It's much more fun for us!

But you win Championships with your brain, and having the fatest car helps rather a lot.

Causing friction within a team banging wheels racing for position way off the podium isn't using your brain imho.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3238267)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well rather than moan at Perez perhaps we should try to get Button to drive faster, he is capable of it but just seems to prefer not to at the moment
Old 23 Apr 2013, 08:21 (Ref:3238272)   #40
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Perez pushes Button.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 09:35 (Ref:3238304)   #41
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's pretty good, Bender.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 11:29 (Ref:3238346)   #42
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Button was much more frustrated that his team mate was evidently much faster at that stage of the race. I felt Button contributed to the contact by slowing in the middle of the corner more so than usual too. Plus running his team mate off the track and onto the gravel was much more dangerous in terms of jeopardising the points for the team IMO. Button is the more experienced driver in that team, but he needs to be faster than his team mate consistently to dictate rules of attack IMO. So far he has beaten Sergio in 2 out of the 4 races so its looking pretty even so far. Button needs to up his game it seems.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 11:30 (Ref:3238347)   #43
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
And that reason is...?
That Perez is a more motivated single-minded driver than Massa.

It sort of makes me wonder why people think Webber would be a good number 2 to Alonso. Didn't we decide after all the Malaysian fuss he doesn't like being a number 2?
Old 23 Apr 2013, 11:31 (Ref:3238348)   #44
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
That Perez is a more motivated single-minded driver than Massa.

It sort of makes me wonder why people think Webber would be a good number 2 to Alonso. Didn't we decide after all the Malaysian fuss he doesn't like being a number 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I had intended to add something on the subject being discussed, but after reading that, I decided it was not worth the effort.
Okay, I don't know what you're referring to so we'll just have to miss out.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3238389)   #45
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post

I thought Perez showed utter disrespect for both Button and the team by passing and driving in the manner he did. Yes, Button did "brake test" him and I'm not surprised.....
serves them right for telling him to be more aggressive 2 weeks ago, and now they go on about him being too dirty? you can't have it both ways, he should've moved over as Perez clearly had the pace, I think it just showed everyone what Mclaren thought of Team Orders, which is good for us!

Old 23 Apr 2013, 13:13 (Ref:3238403)   #46
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
In my view, a racing driver should really just have 4 basic standing instructions that define his job. 1. Get the car to the end of the race. 2. Get in the highest position possible within the rules. 3. Don't cause your team-mate to have an accident. 4. Obey any instructions you get from the team during the race, except if doing so contradicts 1 or 3.

As far as I can see, he met all 4.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3238426)   #47
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w View Post
In my view, a racing driver should really just have 4 basic standing instructions that define his job. 1. Get the car to the end of the race. 2. Get in the highest position possible within the rules. 3. Don't cause your team-mate to have an accident. 4. Obey any instructions you get from the team during the race, except if doing so contradicts 1 or 3.

As far as I can see, he met all 4.
Perfect !
Old 23 Apr 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3238615)   #48
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
At Red Bull 2,3,4 don't apply.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 21:57 (Ref:3238622)   #49
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
So Checo put in the sort or acrobatic drive some have been expecting as his past career is littered with press on regardless types of drives.

I think he seemed mysteriously calm in the last 2 years at Sauber but a lot of their srrategies on tyres perhaps masked his agressive style? He seems to have come alive againn now!

We need to see what he can do over the next few races to get a more definite picture but the signs are that he's settled in now and make the most of what he's got.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 21:59 (Ref:3238624)   #50
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I wouldn't say Button is rattled (I don't buy into media hype), but it's worthy my mentioning that I thought if you're going to call either of them dirty, it was Jenson in Bahrain.