Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 11 Oct 2013, 22:24 (Ref:3316477)   #26
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terry, again super pics!

The Bill Boddice Marches, I think they were the subject of a brief but typically thorough MAWP piece in A/Sport in late 1982. One was a 773 and the other a 763 as I recall. Was the other driver John something?? Can't remember fuuly now, at the time I was both starting work, and wondering why Mr W had split The Jam !!!
Old 12 Oct 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3316747)   #27
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going back on subject of the thread for a moment, a few more pictures that I have found of Phil's Ralt RT1 and Argo JM6 including one in the paddock at Snetterton with Chris Fawkes sitting on the front wheel in front of the old Jim Russell Driving School building, now long gone!

Chris used to help Colin and myself whenever possible when he wasn't racing in Mono. Really fantastic person and I spent five superb years running his cars as well as helping Colin Thorpe with Phil, Ken and many other drivers that he was running.

Dan, to answer your earlier question - I do actually have a cousin John Scannell but not the one you mention - mine has had no connection with motorsport as far as I know anyway!

Terry
Attached Thumbnails
Phil Silverstone Ralt362.jpg   Phil's Ralt at Silverstone4372.jpg   Phil's Ralt with pods2370.jpg  

Phil's Argo8376.jpg   Phil's Argo11379.jpg   Phil's Argo12380.jpg  

Old 14 Dec 2016, 13:34 (Ref:3696127)   #28
andyl999
Rookie

andyl999 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian Taylor's March 733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell View Post
Alan, having delved into the now quite old memory banks a little you are quite correct with the history to Chris's 733. I was perhaps getting confused as I certainly believe when he sold it was perhaps converted back to F3 spec and used in Classic F3 but I cannot remember at this stage who by, perhaps someone out there can fill in more of the later history to this car.
Terry it's only taken 3yrs for me to reply but I am now the custodian of Ian Taylors 733.

After Chris Fawkes it was purchased by Mike Adams, then Keith Baldwin, then David Pearce, then back to Keith Baldwin, then Peter Dunn, finally ending up with myself earlier this year.

At present it's in BRG but the whole car is being re-sprayed in it's original white colour as driven by Ian Taylor.
Attached Thumbnails
733.gif