Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 May 2014, 15:54 (Ref:3406666)   #51
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
KIA UK mentioned some kind touring car championship last year, but does not specify which one:-

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=27524
Old 15 May 2014, 21:22 (Ref:3406780)   #52
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still nothing from Kia then?
Old 15 May 2014, 23:06 (Ref:3406801)   #53
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
which brings us back to my earlier point they still suffers from constipation

KIA needs some laxative to bring it out already
Old 16 May 2014, 20:06 (Ref:3407050)   #54
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would like to see more manufactures join the series but I am lot more cynical than I was before. Having heard so many times of Subaru or Ford in the WTCC and KIA or Volvo in the BTCC, I remain skeptical. What we need is one or two more independent entries, who have access to works support.

I asked whether any WTCC manufacture boost would result in drivers like Menu and Giovanardi or Turkington being plucked back onto the world seen. Thinking again though, you would imagine youngsters like Oriola maybe more likely.
Old 17 May 2014, 08:19 (Ref:3407172)   #55
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
iceman-1987 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Citroen has 3 great drivers, Honda work team has tarquini and monteiro, lada has huff and Thompson.

instead indipendent team is normal who look for driver with budget for survive in the series.

wtcc would need atleast 1 more manufacture while Citroen Honda and lada should increase,their cars
Old 18 May 2014, 18:57 (Ref:3407568)   #56
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing how badly things can go this season with a manufacturer (dominant car and drivers not allowed to race) I'd be in favour of LESS manufacturers, not more.

Lots of privately owned teams in 2015 please.
Old 19 May 2014, 14:43 (Ref:3407881)   #57
keviiinn
Rookie

United States
New York, USA
keviiinn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's really hard not to be a little envious of the huge fields in the BTCC right now. while in the WTCC there's talk of more manufacturers coming in, in the BTCC you have a lot more brands. granted it's not the same as full-on manufacturer support, but still it's nice to see so many different brands in the BTCC.

the WTCC is just too expensive right now with not enough return for all that investment. all we can hope for right now is for the costs of the TC1 cars to go down and independent teams can buy them up in a few years. I'm not holding my breath for more manufacturers coming in. maybe KIA since they're in the STCC and WRC.

gone are the days of Alfa, Chevy, SEAT, BMW, Honda, Volvo, all together...
Old 22 May 2014, 13:25 (Ref:3408992)   #58
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Sometimes a ray of sun shines in and gives us hope. Alfa Romeo found in the WTCC Safety-Car an excellent cheap vehicle to promote themselves without taking the risk of seeing their ass kick live on Eurosport.
Old 27 May 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3411494)   #59
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Rubio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Motorsport-Total, the race in Sonoma will be cancelled and the replacement roung is due to be in China with ongoing negotiations with Guangdong and Zhuhai.

Well, shame to lose such a track like Sonoma, but seriously, not a surprise. If the 2012 event was great, with lots of spectators then the 2013 one was a failure. Maybe that has something to do with the absence of the Chevy factory team. And, 2 of 3 manufacturers in WTCC don't sell their cars in USA so makes no real sence to go there for them

However, why a 3rd (!!!) round in China? I understand that it's a hugely growing market but there have to be some different countries (why not India?). Especially I hope it won't be Guangdong - a short and tight 2km track for TC1 cars will look awfuly stupid (just like Tianma round in 2011). Well, WTCC tend to fing great replacement rounds (Termas, Slovakia Ring, Hungaroring), let's hope they'll do it one more time
Old 27 May 2014, 21:10 (Ref:3411505)   #60
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio View Post
According to Motorsport-Total, the race in Sonoma will be cancelled and the replacement roung is due to be in China with ongoing negotiations with Guangdong and Zhuhai.

Well, shame to lose such a track like Sonoma, but seriously, not a surprise. If the 2012 event was great, with lots of spectators then the 2013 one was a failure. Maybe that has something to do with the absence of the Chevy factory team. And, 2 of 3 manufacturers in WTCC don't sell their cars in USA so makes no real sence to go there for them

However, why a 3rd (!!!) round in China? I understand that it's a hugely growing market but there have to be some different countries (why not India?). Especially I hope it won't be Guangdong - a short and tight 2km track for TC1 cars will look awfuly stupid (just like Tianma round in 2011). Well, WTCC tend to fing great replacement rounds (Termas, Slovakia Ring, Hungaroring), let's hope they'll do it one more time
Why can't we have a round in the UK? . (SARCASM ALERT)!
Old 27 May 2014, 21:26 (Ref:3411510)   #61
Metzo
Racer

Germany
Berlin
Metzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
However, why a 3rd (!!!) round in China? I understand that it's a hugely growing market but there have to be some different countries (why not India?).
i think a 3rd round in china will be due logistics reasons, a trip from argentina to india would cost too much

id rather see them race at zhuhai than at sonoma
Old 28 May 2014, 06:48 (Ref:3411636)   #62
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Zhuhai is a great track, but I agree a 3rd race in China is a bit meh.
Old 28 May 2014, 08:55 (Ref:3411678)   #63
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe because DTM is racing in Guangzhou and WTCC wants to counter that.
Old 29 May 2014, 03:10 (Ref:3412160)   #64
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
Why can't we have a round in the UK? . (SARCASM ALERT)!
because the BTCC in England is more important than the WTCC.
Old 29 May 2014, 03:26 (Ref:3412162)   #65
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know it's impossible 2 races in the same country as Argentina, but I would like to see the WTCC in Potrero de los Funes. It is an amazing circuit and Pechito Lopez as championship leader would be a great incentive.
The WTCC will be in Termas de Rio Hondo in August 3. On August 24 the Top Race V6, one of the Argentine category, will race in Potrero. Would it be crazy to race there this weekend?
Old 29 May 2014, 11:01 (Ref:3412274)   #66
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
I know it's impossible 2 races in the same country as Argentina, but I would like to see the WTCC in Potrero de los Funes. It is an amazing circuit and Pechito Lopez as championship leader would be a great incentive.
The WTCC will be in Termas de Rio Hondo in August 3. On August 24 the Top Race V6, one of the Argentine category, will race in Potrero. Would it be crazy to race there this weekend?
Potrero de los Funes would be great, especially with the current cars having more power.
Old 29 May 2014, 18:44 (Ref:3412447)   #67
Metzo
Racer

Germany
Berlin
i just hope that they will change the form of the calendar for 2015

start in argentina in march
marrakech in april
european rounds in may-august
russia early september
asian rounds in october/november
Old 30 May 2014, 19:36 (Ref:3412849)   #68
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Great idea with Portero de los Funes. Wish it could become true, really great track.

Don't really believe they'll change the form of the calendar, especially if new works teams join (fingers crossed). The past form of the calendar (start in America) meant everyone have to end their testing programs already in late January. To be honest I like the current form more.

About 2015 calendar - Sonoma's withdrawal opens a slot for another event. I hope that they'll try to arrange an event in Brazil instead. Plus Porto should return and that might mean one of the European rounds will be cancelled - I'm afraid Spa and Salzburgring are in danger. Furthermore I hope the calendar will grow a bit and will consist of 13-14 rounds.

P.S. No more start at Marrakech please
Old 30 May 2014, 20:49 (Ref:3412906)   #69
Metzo
Racer

Germany
Berlin
Quote:
The past form of the calendar (start in America) meant everyone have to end their testing programs already in late January.
i think thats ok and better than to have huge gaps in the second half of the season like we have now
Old 2 Jun 2014, 09:58 (Ref:3414137)   #70
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
They say history repeats itself. But looks like Francois Ribeiro is charting a brand new course to epic collapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Zhuhai is a great track, but I agree a 3rd race in China is a bit meh.
Years ago you couldn't race in Zhuhai cause the management was everything less welcome. If WTCC is forced by Citroen to go racing in China twice, FIA-GT1 race in Ordos was good to watch.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 07:55 (Ref:3414630)   #71
iceman-1987
Veteran

Italy
milan
iceman-1987 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the main mistake was to think that USA could be interested in wtcc. Also when there was Chevrolet officially I don't think that us market was interested in the purchase of the cruze.

if I could make a calendar I would make this one:
Brazil
Argentina
south Africa
Portugal
Spain
France
Italy
Germany
UK
Russia
China
Japan
Macau
Old 3 Jun 2014, 10:12 (Ref:3414682)   #72
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Please don't make this thread a 'fantasy calender' thread. There are other threads for that.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 01:57 (Ref:3415059)   #73
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/...fourth-driver/

Chinese driver Ma Qing-Hua is the fourth Citroen driver.
Old 4 Jun 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3415222)   #74
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/...fourth-driver/

Chinese driver Ma Qing-Hua is the fourth Citroen driver.
Old news that, but considering his touring car background I'll be interested to see what he can do.
Old 14 Jun 2014, 09:34 (Ref:3420248)   #75
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
http://www.racesonoma.com/media/news...cancelled.html

According to Sonoma's official site, the replacement round will take place on October 5 at the Beijing Goldenport circuit. Well, if true, at least better than Tianma in 2011

Plus, according to Sportmotores and Eurosport Portugal, Eurosport Events offered the municipality of Porto a 3-year contract for 2015-2017. Whether this will happen depends on the financial situation. Hope they'll arrange this, Porto is a beautiful street circuit