Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Apr 2017, 01:51 (Ref:3726011)   #51
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Weren't they getting the run around by CAMS?
Old 13 Apr 2017, 02:10 (Ref:3726015)   #52
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exhibition race was meant to be at the Bathurst 6hr, can't recall if it was this year, or next.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 02:22 (Ref:3726020)   #53
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
definitely not on this years 6 hour schedule

However this article says it was the 12 hour
Plans underway for Australian TCR series

I dont hink much is happening in this space in Australia
Old 13 Apr 2017, 02:24 (Ref:3726021)   #54
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Weren't they getting the run around by CAMS?
No cams were onboard but clearly they didn't garner enough interest in the catoegry which seems odd as it is so cheap in comparison. There was supposed to be a 6 round series this year but nothing has happened since
Old 13 Apr 2017, 02:33 (Ref:3726026)   #55
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

That's a shame I thought it would've been a great category hopefully the plan is just postponed
Old 13 Apr 2017, 04:12 (Ref:3726033)   #56
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

https://autoaction.com.au/2017/01/26/tcr-blocked

Quote:
“There was a meeting with CAMS arranged for last Friday [with Ken Collier] which is why I found it really strange that CAMS was came up early with, ‘you can’t do it because Supercars own the rights to the word Touring Cars in Australia,’ said Hammond.

“I thought, well ok that’s just weird but by the way that’s a load of BS because TCR don’t use the words ‘Touring Cars’ and I don’t need to. But then for CAMS to actually responded, ‘or well it’s not actually the name it’s the technical regulations,’ I mean there front wheel drive and two litre turbos. And there has been no response to that whatsoever.

The question now I’m asking is why CAMS are trying to block TCR with a bunch of smoky answers, which are clearly untrue.”
Old 13 Apr 2017, 04:22 (Ref:3726034)   #57
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
That's a shame hopefully cams have changed their minds this would've been great hopefully Supercars may look at adopting these specs if Gen 2 fails its objectives
Old 13 Apr 2017, 04:42 (Ref:3726036)   #58
D.R.T.
Veteran

Doesnt really show CAMS being on board.

Why would CAMS be so restrictive towards TCR do we think?
Old 13 Apr 2017, 05:19 (Ref:3726037)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Doesnt really show CAMS being on board.

Why would CAMS be so restrictive towards TCR do we think?
If a deal to create the series was ready to happen, going to CAMS would be the last thing on the agenda to do. With the right people doing the negotiating, someone who knows where the bodies are buried.

Going to CAMS with a tentative look see is almost a useless exercise.

Its like going there tomorrow and bringing in a heap of Mygale chassis in from Europe, and equipping them with Ford EcoBoost engines, to run a 1 make category... without a plan for drivers, entrants or sponsors or anything else you might need to get grids near capacity... oh wait...!!

More seriously... how many categories do we need in this country???
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Apr 2017, 07:02 (Ref:3726044)   #60
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Going to CAMS with a tentative look see is almost a useless exercise.

More seriously... how many categories do we need in this country???
A tentative look shouldn't be met with smoke, mirrors and blatantly lying though should it?

I ask again - what was driving CAMS to make up excuses why TCR could not race in Australia?
Old 13 Apr 2017, 07:07 (Ref:3726046)   #61
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They want it for themselves?
Old 14 Apr 2017, 22:40 (Ref:3726473)   #62
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
They want it for themselves?
Or protecting it from another category that doesn't want competition and whom pays CAMS a healthy license fee each 12 months?
Old 14 Apr 2017, 23:20 (Ref:3726477)   #63
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
Quote:
Or protecting it from another category that doesn't want competition and whom pays CAMS a healthy license fee each 12 months?
Nope I just don't think cams wants 2 touring car categories in their portfolio currently which is a shame but understandable as running it on the nationals circuit seems bizarre
Old 15 Apr 2017, 00:26 (Ref:3726481)   #64
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
There isn't any evidence this is the case.

I also believe Formula Ford were paying a license fee too, and if you want to take issue with CAMS take it for that ridiculous & anti-competitive behaviour.

We're hearing quotes from one side, but nothing from the official side.

Also the guy supposedly bringing them here had the invitation to run cars in the 12hour as invitational, and where are they?

For me just a lot of waffle. If they ever turn up here they will be like MARC cars, fun, low cost, running around in the 12 hour, on the Shannons bill, but I can't see them being anything bigger.
Old 15 Apr 2017, 00:46 (Ref:3726482)   #65
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
Nope I just don't think cams wants 2 touring car categories in their portfolio currently which is a shame but understandable as running it on the nationals circuit seems bizarre
Why is running it on the Shannons Nationals circuit bizarre?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer
There isn't any evidence this is the case.
What does this suggest to you Mixer?

Quote:
you can’t do it because Supercars own the rights to the word Touring Cars in Australia,’ said Hammond.
Quote:
But then for CAMS to actually responded, ‘or well it’s not actually the name it’s the technical regulations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer
I also believe Formula Ford were paying a license fee too, and if you want to take issue with CAMS take it for that ridiculous & anti-competitive behaviour.
Both situations are not good - I don't subscribe to having to pick one situation and ignore another because "its more bad".

On the plus side - Formula Ford has still been provided a place to race for its class.

Do you think there is a difference in the size of the license fee between Formula Ford and V8SC that is impacting on CAMS decision making?
Old 15 Apr 2017, 00:52 (Ref:3726483)   #66
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ever heard of leading the witness? Your claims are baseless.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 15 Apr 2017, 01:15 (Ref:3726485)   #67
Umai Naa
Veteran

AusGT (in all forms), can't be too far away from cutting ties with the Nationals, and going it alone.

There'd be plenty of room on either support progamme to run TCR. The problem is, how do you pitch it to the masses? Cut-price, market-relevent tin-top racing (so many hyphens!)? A step up from the Proddies? A slightly bigger step up from the Excels/Pulsars?
Old 15 Apr 2017, 01:54 (Ref:3726488)   #68
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Also the guy supposedly bringing them here had the invitation to run cars in the 12hour as invitational, and where are they?
Seeing as they would have only been able to run in the 12hr and seemingly nowhere else at the moment, why would you bother bringing any out here?

An international team might have been interested, but there's no point in a local team buying one at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244
The article in AA suggested to me that the TCR rules in Australia had been licenced to Supercars?

Quote:
In emails obtained by Auto Action the reasons for Hammond’s inability to run TCR was due to the naming rights to the words ‘Touring Car’ and that Supercars hold the rights to the technical regulations as much as the name, which in turn disallows CAMS to ‘award these rights to any other promoter.’
Not sure why running a TCR series on the Shannons Nationals calendar would be bizarre? It's exactly what the Shannons calendar was designed for wasn't it?
Old 15 Apr 2017, 02:21 (Ref:3726491)   #69
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Ever heard of leading the witness? Your claims are baseless.
Baseless or you simply do not agree?

Are the comments from the TCR representative not an indicator or something odd going on? As opposed to baseless?
Old 15 Apr 2017, 02:56 (Ref:3726493)   #70
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
Seeing as they would have only been able to run in the 12hr and seemingly nowhere else at the moment, why would you bother bringing any out here?
Because you are a serious commercial operation and want to get the vehicles in front of people and get them interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
The article in AA suggested to me that the TCR rules in Australia had been licenced to Supercars?
Commercial confidentiality could be an explanation for the strange statements attributed to CAMS?

Quote:
Baseless or you simply do not agree?
There is no proof that any of this is true - no quotes from anybody at CAMS.

Quote:
Are the comments from the TCR representative not an indicator or something odd going on? As opposed to baseless?
The person making the claims isn't a TCR anything. There are no quotes saying he has the licence from TCR International. You'd think if they signed a memorandum of understanding with him that they might mention it, and this might also carry weight with CAMS...

His quotes are wishy-washy and he can barely string a sentence together, and nobody knows who he is - I personally don't take much stock in the evidence he has taken to AA (who will print anything).

Meanwhile CAMS are saying they can't comment because of commercial confidentiality. I'm not sure why it would be surprising that somebody else has been in discussions with CAMS about TCR in Australia, and whose only move might have been more formal than getting sensationalist junk printed in AA, which several "outlets" have repeated without checking any facts.
Old 15 Apr 2017, 03:18 (Ref:3726494)   #71
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
There is no proof that any of this is true - no quotes from anybody at CAMS.
So your suggestion is that this is made up and the individual is lying?

Quote:
His quotes are wishy-washy and he can barely string a sentence together, and nobody knows who he is
So is your issue with the person who quoted and wrote the story or the individual?

From all your energy and defensiveness I can't quite work out who the target is?

What other information do you have to so clearly identify it as "sensationalist junk"
Old 15 Apr 2017, 03:22 (Ref:3726495)   #72
Mixer
Veteran

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

This gentleman is claiming CAMS have "blocked" TCR in Australia but offers no proof.

You are claiming/alluding that Supercars are somehow behind it but offer no proof.

Sensationalist junk is when juicy, clickbait headlines are made out of little or no supporting facts.
Old 15 Apr 2017, 04:42 (Ref:3726498)   #73
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Because you are a serious commercial operation and want to get the vehicles in front of people and get them interested.
So this "serious commercial operation" should spend all the money to bring these vehicles to Australia, to compete in an enduro when the classes main forte will be sprints, to get people interested in a category that they have been told they are not allowed to run in Australia?

Surely a "serious commercial operation" would be pretty stupid to spend money on that for another organisation to reap any potential benefits?

Quote:
You are claiming/alluding that Supercars are somehow behind it but offer no proof.
The proof of Supercars involvement is in the AA article, is it not?
Old 15 Apr 2017, 04:54 (Ref:3726499)   #74
Mixer
Veteran

If proof to you means unsubstantiated claims?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 18 Apr 2017, 05:32 (Ref:3727467)   #75
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

This gentleman is claiming CAMS have "blocked" TCR in Australia but offers no proof.
He is offering a first hand account?

What further can he provide outside of his own experiences with CAMS nor V8SC offering any information or comments?