Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 Aug 2017, 06:11 (Ref:3760669)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Support The Team, Not The Car Brand?

A perspective Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Aug 2017, 06:16 (Ref:3760673)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have all 3 going personally
Old 21 Aug 2017, 06:50 (Ref:3760678)   #3
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The article writer is pretty much on the money. Speaking to fans, they're not really Blue-blooded or Red-blooded so to speak like it was a few years ago. They support Red Bull, they support Shell V-Power, regardless what they drive. (Personally I support BJR but that's because of the friendships I have within the team and how I'm treated by them. Same goes for both Tekno and DJR-Penske) It's one of the reasons why I don't like to wear team apparel at the track so I don't show bias to one team and upset the friendships I have with others. (I did wore a Team Vortex shirt on the Sunday at the QR event but that's to reflect sponsorship from my local Caltex with a few projects plus the shirt I was going to wear was a bit too small and didn't realise until I was out the door and putting it on)
Old 21 Aug 2017, 08:05 (Ref:3760691)   #4
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Support the driver first and foremost. If the team mate wins, that's only just marginally better for me than if another team wins. Manufacturer used to be a big deal but nowadays I couldn't care less.
Old 21 Aug 2017, 10:35 (Ref:3760723)   #5
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ask the casual fans, (aka the masses), do a straw poll around your workplace, your non-motorsport related friend group

Brand loyalty, and particularly the Holden vs Ford argument, is still as alive and well as it ever was.
Old 21 Aug 2017, 10:37 (Ref:3760725)   #6
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Only have to look at social media to see the amount of immature Ford/Holden sledging, nevermind the personal attacks on the drivers, officials, and teams. Call it passion if you want, but to an outsider looking in, it's a blight on the sport if you ask me.
Old 21 Aug 2017, 10:58 (Ref:3760731)   #7
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had to read the whole article to find the author is a disenchanted ex-Ford supporter who prefers Prodrive to DJR Team Penske.
Old 22 Aug 2017, 02:59 (Ref:3760847)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Only have to look at social media to see the amount of immature Ford/Holden sledging, nevermind the personal attacks on the drivers, officials, and teams. Call it passion if you want, but to an outsider looking in, it's a blight on the sport if you ask me.
There are some truly horrible things written on social media on occassion. The bit I can't fathom, when it's on FB, do the posters not realise their whole life sits in their profile, and that accompanied by a google search would take probably 10 minutes to find out who they are, where they work & how to take them to court for what they believe to be true, and shared.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 Aug 2017, 03:03 (Ref:3760848)   #9
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
There are some truly horrible things written on social media on occassion. The bit I can't fathom, when it's on FB, do the posters not realise their whole life sits in their profile, and that accompanied by a google search would take probably 10 minutes to find out who they are, where they work & how to take them to court for what they believe to be true, and shared.
When an NRL team can pick a bloke out of the crowd in CCTV/broadcast footage, match his face to his membership card, and ban him, what's stopping Supercars from doing similar?
Old 22 Aug 2017, 07:44 (Ref:3760879)   #10
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
When an NRL team can pick a bloke out of the crowd in CCTV/broadcast footage, match his face to his membership card, and ban him, what's stopping Supercars from doing similar?
Do Supercar fans really get this carried away?

I have read some fairly immature posts but certainly they have never seemed offensive.

I guess I need to broaden my horizons a little.
Old 22 Aug 2017, 08:10 (Ref:3760886)   #11
Umai Naa
Veteran

Some of it is quite derogatory, even Ms Yates and Ms Crehan get mentioned.
Old 22 Aug 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3760955)   #12
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Can't really ban someone from doing something on social media, when you go into a football game you can be pinged for explicitly breaking the conditions on the ticket, or your membership.
Old 22 Aug 2017, 21:25 (Ref:3761021)   #13
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Do Supercar fans really get this carried away?
It was a bit of an eye opener when I was helping push Ambrose's stopped car back up the pit lane in front of an all-red stand. Normally to get that level of abuse you need to go to one of those kick-ball games!
Old 22 Aug 2017, 21:39 (Ref:3761024)   #14
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Can't really ban someone from doing something on social media, when you go into a football game you can be pinged for explicitly breaking the conditions on the ticket, or your membership.
You can, actually.
Old 23 Aug 2017, 00:15 (Ref:3761043)   #15
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Brand loyalty, and particularly the Holden vs Ford argument, is still as alive and well as it ever was.
Must disagree. It's more of a VW/Skoda vs KIA argument these days. "But the Stinger GT is better!" "But the Arteon is better!" "But the Stinger!" "Why would you buy the KIA over the superb Skoda Superb!?"

Mondeo and Insignia do very little to get the blogs ticking over...