Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jun 2017, 05:28 (Ref:3747892)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Goodbye Ron...

Ron Dennis Sell Out Of McLaren

The end of an era...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Jun 2017, 08:36 (Ref:3747917)   #2
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Not surprised but quite saddened that Ron's tenure has ended the way it has. Mind you, he'd probably be the first to say that nothing lasts forever and you can't live your life looking back.

From a Brabham mechanic, to setting up his own team to then taking over McLaren and setting standards, results and operational practices that transformed the sport, Ron has been an integral part of F1 for decades.

He's left behind an impressively successful organisation and the challenge for those now at the helm will be to see if they can achieve at the level the team did under Ron's oversight.

Not a perfect human being but then none of us are - I hope that he enjoys life away from F1 and in his "retirement", no doubt he'll have plenty of ways to occupy his time.
Old 30 Jun 2017, 09:13 (Ref:3747922)   #3
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
From a Brabham mechanic, to setting up his own team to then taking over McLaren and setting standards, results and operational practices that transformed the sport, Ron has been an integral part of F1 for decades.
His/McLaren's reach went far beyond motorsport - once F1 teams adopted the ways his team had perfected, areas such as healthcare and bits of aerospace industries took them on, too (the latter being a to-and-fro process, with both sectors bringing tweaks to their manufacturing practices together).

If I was him I think I'd be pretty proud of that influence.
Old 30 Jun 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3747924)   #4
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Official statement from McLaren.

http://www.mclaren.com/technologygro...en-automotive/

And with Ron Dennis leaving McLaren, does it mean the contract with Honda is now null and void? So if McLaren breaks their contract, no legal action can be taken by Honda? Was it part of the reason to buy Dennis out?

Last edited by F1Guy; 30 Jun 2017 at 09:29.
Old 30 Jun 2017, 09:32 (Ref:3747926)   #5
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
And some more news from McLaren, McLaren Technology Group and McLaren Automotive become one entity.

http://www.mclaren.com/technologygro...ing-future%20/
Old 30 Jun 2017, 10:50 (Ref:3747936)   #6
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Ron Dennis Sell Out Of McLaren

The end of an era...
It certainly is. What a legacy.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/130471
Old 30 Jun 2017, 11:19 (Ref:3747944)   #7
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Dennis will remain on the boards of both MTG and McLaren Automotive and said that he will launch a new technology fund next year when his commitments to McLaren have been honoured.
Sounds like a breath of fresh air and a bunch more fun anyhow Ron. #@*% 'em.
Old 30 Jun 2017, 12:15 (Ref:3747956)   #8
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
"Dennis will remain on the boards of both MTG and McLaren Automotive and said that he will launch a new technology fund next year when his commitments to McLaren have been honoured."

Sounds like a breath of fresh air and a bunch more fun anyhow Ron. #@*% 'em.
Confusing? Do you have a source for your quote - it's not in this thread...
Old 30 Jun 2017, 13:01 (Ref:3747964)   #9
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Confusing? Do you have a source for your quote - it's not in this thread...
Oops, sorry David. Yeah, just noticed Saward's blog is old news 2016/11/16

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2016...and-mclaren-2/
Old 30 Jun 2017, 13:58 (Ref:3747971)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Shame he went out the way he did, but he has a very good record and not just in motorsport. From his humble beginnings as a Brabham mechanic, he built up a very successful team. May he enjoy his retirement
Old 30 Jun 2017, 22:43 (Ref:3748038)   #11
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
£275 million, according to Sky, will ease the blow, but I'm surprised to find myself saying I'm sorry it ended this way. Modern McLaren owes everything to Ron and Project 4. When Sir Frank goes, there really will be a gaping hole in the sport.
Old 2 Jul 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3748273)   #12
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
His/McLaren's reach went far beyond motorsport - once F1 teams adopted the ways his team had perfected, areas such as healthcare and bits of aerospace industries took them on, too (the latter being a to-and-fro process, with both sectors bringing tweaks to their manufacturing practices together).

If I was him I think I'd be pretty proud of that influence.
Exactly so Greem, nor would I expect a talent like that to sit still very long, it will be interesting to see what Mr. Dennis gets up to next.