Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2015, 13:28 (Ref:3578290)   #1501
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Red Bull goes so will Pirelli.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121088

Who's next?
Old 30 Sep 2015, 13:49 (Ref:3578293)   #1502
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post

Who's next?
F1 itself?
Old 30 Sep 2015, 15:06 (Ref:3578307)   #1503
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ouch!

dont usually have a lot of love for Pirelli and i suppose RB have been the one team to not hold Pirelli over the coals relative to Ferrari and Merc...is this a little payback from Hembery here?
Old 30 Sep 2015, 17:47 (Ref:3578358)   #1504
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Aren't Pirelli essentially supposed to remain impartial? Very surprised to hear of that from Pirelli. Conflict of interest much?
Old 30 Sep 2015, 18:13 (Ref:3578374)   #1505
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Aren't Pirelli essentially supposed to remain impartial? Very surprised to hear of that from Pirelli. Conflict of interest much?
I get the impression that Pirelli just dont want to be associated with a product that seems to be doing it's best to disappear up it's own fundamental orifice! I think that they would saying the same sort of thing if it was McLaren, Ferrari or Mercedes who were threatening to leave becaues they couldn't get a decent power-unit.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 18:32 (Ref:3578395)   #1506
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely this sort of headline doesn't help Pirelli's case...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34399289
Old 30 Sep 2015, 23:23 (Ref:3578484)   #1507
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Surely this sort of headline doesn't help Pirelli's case...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34399289
Exploding tyres and RBR threatening to quit, doesn't look like a good, long term prospect.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 02:01 (Ref:3578503)   #1508
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Ouch!

"One top driver told BBC Sport: "We agreed to carry on talking to Pirelli, but that's not the main question. The question is could they produce the tyres we want even if they were asked to?"
Many leading engineers told Ecclestone in a meeting earlier this year they believed the current tyres were the best Pirelli could provide. "

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/34399289

AND

"Michelin's bid to become the new tyre supplier is based on producing rubber on which drivers can push to the limit throughout the tyre's life"

Last edited by wnut; 1 Oct 2015 at 02:30.
Old 7 Oct 2015, 16:01 (Ref:3580289)   #1509
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pirelli now want track cleaners to save their tyres from punctures cuts etc.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121188

(I see potential for a deal here with Dyson, Hoover or any other vacuum cleaner you can think of.)

I assume they are also going to look for all those run off areas as well. Is it a good advert for tyres if they cannot handle a bit of debris on the track. We don't have the highways of the world cleaned every day do we?
Old 7 Oct 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3580326)   #1510
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:

(I see potential for a deal here with Dyson, Hoover or any other vacuum cleaner you can think of.)

I assume they are also going to look for all those run off areas as well. Is it a good advert for tyres if they cannot handle a bit of debris on the track. We don't have the highways of the world cleaned every day do we?
I hope that doesn't mean GPs will now have random full course yellows to clean up 'debris', like we are seeing creeping into IndyCar?
Old 8 Oct 2015, 00:32 (Ref:3580403)   #1511
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Who's next?
What a bunch of tosh !
Old 8 Oct 2015, 09:52 (Ref:3580479)   #1512
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Knockhill use a device called a FodBoss that originates from airport use and clear FOD ... Foreign Object Debris.

I see it has been demonstrated at the Melbourne GP
YouTube video of use in Melbourne
Old 8 Oct 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3580488)   #1513
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I liked the BTCC version
Old 8 Oct 2015, 17:42 (Ref:3580552)   #1514
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
F1 itself?
"The Pirelli will leave if Red Bull go"
It's just rubbish, neither are going anywhere ..
Red Bull will run Ferari ..
STR will run Honda..
And Pirreli will do as Bernie asks ..
Old 9 Oct 2015, 07:49 (Ref:3580686)   #1515
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
"The Pirelli will leave if Red Bull go"
It's just rubbish, neither are going anywhere ..
Red Bull will run Ferari ..
STR will run Honda..
And Pirreli will do as Bernie asks ..
Red Bull would be pretty good at IndyCar aero kits.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 15:33 (Ref:3580822)   #1516
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Red Bull would be pretty good at IndyCar aero kits.
If Adrian Newey were still with them.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 16:16 (Ref:3580833)   #1517
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

(I see potential for a deal here with Dyson, Hoover or any other vacuum cleaner you can think of.)?
Hopefully Dysons and Hoovers don't leak diesel like Russian trucks do.
Old 10 Oct 2015, 00:31 (Ref:3580940)   #1518
wnut
Veteran

Pirelli and Hoover, an initiative to increase women's involvement in F1

Old 10 Oct 2015, 08:53 (Ref:3581029)   #1519
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Pirelli and Hoover, an initiative to increase women's involvement in F1

Old 10 Oct 2015, 18:29 (Ref:3581150)   #1520
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Bernie should know about that solution and he probably knows where to find one of them and Niki is still to be found in the paddock to drive it.
Old 11 Oct 2015, 15:10 (Ref:3581707)   #1521
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Everyone will be pleased to hear that Pirelli are to continue to be the official tyre supplier to F1 .. (Wink)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121282
Old 11 Oct 2015, 15:51 (Ref:3581735)   #1522
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, I'm not unpleased. At least we have the security of knowing there won't be a tyre supply crisis for the next four years. On the whole I think Pirelli are unfairly criticised by some. Virtually all racing tyres gradually degrade from the moment you start using them, and treating them gently makes them last longer. That effect is exagerated when the tyres are deliberately made to be short-life. The only exception I have ever known was the MGs we used in Formula Rotax karting a few years back. Their performance was super-consistent for the working life of the tyre and then they suddenly deteriorated at 0.5 sec per lap, every lap.

I do think it would help if the rule makers stopped trying to micro-regulate the tyres. Let Pirelli bring a selection of compounds and let the teams use the ones they want. Some might choose multi-stops on a soft compound and others might choose to go non-stop on a hard compound. Or maybe everyone would choose the same strategy, in which case so-be-it.
Old 11 Oct 2015, 23:10 (Ref:3581931)   #1523
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Everyone will be pleased to hear that Pirelli are to continue to be the official tyre supplier to F1 .. (Wink)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121282
Pirelli I think have achieved the best ambush marketing campaign ever!
They get more exposure as a paid supplier of a spec component than anyone else in the whole F1 circus, nothing short of amazing. Best ROI by miles!
Old 4 Nov 2015, 21:51 (Ref:3588245)   #1524
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so Pirelli have got themselves a proper test day to try out their 2016 compounds including the new ultra soft tire a few days after the last race at Yas Marina.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121648

im interested to see which teams decide to take part. hoping some of the race day drivers show up with an eye on getting a head start for 2016.
Old 11 Dec 2015, 05:21 (Ref:3596992)   #1525
wnut
Veteran

How in the name of heck does this work?

The teams are meant to nominate their tyres for Melbourne by this Friday.

On cars they have not built nor run yet!

http://www.pitpass.com/55358/Teams-m...yres-this-week