Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 Oct 2017, 16:18 (Ref:3776419)   #26
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I do hope that they are being serious
Old 25 Oct 2017, 20:44 (Ref:3776476)   #27
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would actually prefer Toyota to not be there - from a racing point of view, think about a pack of sorted LMP2s & the new LMP1 privateers all going for the win (and Kolles might be there too!)

Nothing against Toyota, quite the opposite; I just don't see any way them staying will end up with anything but a 2 car parade up front even with adjustment of performance.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 06:57 (Ref:3776534)   #28
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wonder if JMW will enter two cars, or if they'll stick with the one?

For Toyota, I don't mind either way. If they stay, great, we've got a manufacturer hybrid supporting the series. If they don't, we get an old fashioned privateer battle for the win.
Old 2 Nov 2017, 20:26 (Ref:3778237)   #29
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"Toyota Gazoo Racing has explained to DSC that the “door is wide open” for McLaren F1 driver Fernando Alonso to compete at Le Mans with it in 2018, should the Japanese manufacturer continue racing in the WEC after this season.

"http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/11/02/6h-shanghai-thursday-paddock-notes-1.html
Old 2 Nov 2017, 21:35 (Ref:3778244)   #30
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Hurry up making your mind up, Toyota!
Old 3 Nov 2017, 16:07 (Ref:3778373)   #31
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I sort of agree with corageous ...........

I think that I would also prefer Toyota not to be there as the racing would be a lot more unpredictable.

If they do stay then there can be absolutely no excuses for anything other than a 1-2(-3). If they go then I think that you might see more teams committing to LMP-1L as they would start on a level playing field, all with new equipment and plenty of top drivers wanting to be part of it.

There s no way that the ACO would allow anything to get in the way of a Toyota win as a 'thank you' to them for them staying. They can talk as much as they like about BOP but it won't happen if Toyota stay.

Personally. I think that it would be a bit of a hollow victory. What would be better would be if Toyota, if they really mean that they want competition, went and built a LMP-1L to the same rules as everybody else and then won. That I could agree with.
Old 7 Nov 2017, 19:33 (Ref:3779304)   #32
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/1...t-fitting.html
Nice!
Old 7 Nov 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3779306)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed!
Old 7 Nov 2017, 21:51 (Ref:3779321)   #34
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Indeed!
It's going to be one hell of a scrum at scrutineering!
Old 8 Nov 2017, 07:06 (Ref:3779400)   #35
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
It's going to be one hell of a scrum at scrutineering!
And at the Tuesday pitwalk. I'll need to be there 2 hours early...
Old 8 Nov 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3779462)   #36
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I've done the tuesday pitwalk to collect autographs from 'McDreamy' and Webber and the other Porsche factory drivers for (wives of) friends, and after nearly being trampled to within an in inch of my life on both occasions, I think I'll pass this time and let others enjoy the stampede.
Old 8 Nov 2017, 14:26 (Ref:3779473)   #37
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I've done the tuesday pitwalk to collect autographs from 'McDreamy' and Webber and the other Porsche factory drivers for (wives of) friends, and after nearly being trampled to within an in inch of my life on both occasions, I think I'll pass this time and let others enjoy the stampede.
This is true.
Old 8 Nov 2017, 17:32 (Ref:3779498)   #38
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Potential of 4 works Porsche GT-Pro entries:

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/a...r-24h-le-mans/

I guess all those contracted drivers need to go somewhere...
Absolute fleet warfare in GTE.
Old 9 Nov 2017, 16:59 (Ref:3779637)   #39
pafe
Rookie

Germany
North-Germany
pafe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, really looking forward to the GT class (like ever ) With BMW and possibly 4 RSR there will be alot of fighting
Old 9 Nov 2017, 19:10 (Ref:3779663)   #40
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Potential of 4 works Porsche GT-Pro entries:

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/a...r-24h-le-mans/

I guess all those contracted drivers need to go somewhere...
Absolute fleet warfare in GTE.
Interesting snippet from DSC on this.

Quote:
Is there a chance you could bring CORE along for Le Mans? (NB – despite inferences in reports elsewhere Dr Walliser was NOT asked specifically about the potential for four cars at Le Mans – DSC Ed)

“Could I do? Yes. Will I do? I will not tell you. As every year you look at the options worldwide.”
This suggests that what S365 has said isn't quite what Dr Walliser said.

On a personal note, there's a few times DSC has referenced other reports being not quite right. I'm quite liking this trend of correcting inaccurate reports, as it makes things a bit more transparent for us people sitting at home reading this stuff.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 04:57 (Ref:3780334)   #41
nathan2
Rookie

nathan2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice! Let's see, looking forward to GT class too!
Old 14 Nov 2017, 19:26 (Ref:3780442)   #42
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So how do you think the class division is looking right now, approximately if certain things lock in together

~10x LMP1
~25x LMP2
~25x GTE (15/10)

?

However I suspect they will prioritize SHAM so that the P2s are closer to 20 and rest go to reserves been the trend lately. And the auto entries dictate stuff...
Old 16 Nov 2017, 12:53 (Ref:3780730)   #43
Mike E
Veteran

9 x LMP1
1 x ByKolles
2 x Toyota
2 x SMP BR1/Dallara
1 x Manor Ginetta
1 x Dragonspeed ???
2 x mystery Ginetta customer

20-25 x LMP2?

16/17 x GTE Pro
2 x AF Corse Ferrari
2 x Corvette Racing Chevy
4 x CGR Ford
1 x Risi Ferrari
2 x MTEK BMW
3/4 x Porsche
2 x Aston Martin Racing

10-15 GTE Am?
Old 16 Nov 2017, 13:09 (Ref:3780738)   #44
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
9 x LMP1
1 x ByKolles
2 x Toyota
2 x SMP BR1/Dallara
1 x Manor Ginetta
1 x Dragonspeed ???
2 x mystery Ginetta customer
Manor says they might add second Ginetta

Rebellion is evaluating return to LMP1 (decision in December) so 0-2x

Oreca may field entry under themselves

So I think the max number right now is 13 or 14 with those, if no-one else steps in
Old 29 Nov 2017, 11:54 (Ref:3784012)   #45
Mike E
Veteran

5 Porsches in GTE Pro? That seems like a stretch.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/u...r-24h-le-mans/
Old 29 Nov 2017, 13:19 (Ref:3784027)   #46
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
What Porsche want will not always happen, let us say their leverage over the ACO is not what it once was.
With what looks like a very full GTE grid giving them more than 2 places in Pro will obviously mean someone else losses out. BMW are the new boys, Corvette, Ford, Ferrari and Aston will need slots so unless the overall grid expands(not likely) i think it is unlikely Porsche will treated with anything like the respect they had before they blew LMP1H apart.
Old 2 Dec 2017, 12:38 (Ref:3784730)   #47
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A bit of driver news while we wait for the entry list.

Vincent Capillaire takes his SO24! backing to Graff.

https://www.lemans.org/fr/news/24-he...-et-so24/47794

Old 2 Dec 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3784747)   #48
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Probably just for render purposes, but those are interesting full yellow sidewalls on those Dunlops.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 16:17 (Ref:3784932)   #49
Deleted
Veteran

Does anyone know yet when the ACO holds their press conference? It's usually been Thursday or Friday on the first week of February but I guess by the way dates fall this year it could also be on the second week

Will also be interesting to see if their modify this proceeding for 2019 with the new changes in place
Old 6 Dec 2017, 19:32 (Ref:3785506)   #50
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
What Porsche want will not always happen, let us say their leverage over the ACO is not what it once was.
With what looks like a very full GTE grid giving them more than 2 places in Pro will obviously mean someone else losses out. BMW are the new boys, Corvette, Ford, Ferrari and Aston will need slots so unless the overall grid expands(not likely) i think it is unlikely Porsche will treated with anything like the respect they had before they blew LMP1H apart.
Not expand but maybe at the expense of AM-entries? I for one wouldn't mind.