Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Sep 2017, 18:44 (Ref:3769327)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
WEC Motorsport Survey

The wec survey is now open

http://motorsport.us2.list-manage.co...c&e=c5ee1b50dc
Old 22 Sep 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3769332)   #2
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A longer one, but completed.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 20:24 (Ref:3769340)   #3
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Completed here too. I made sure to voice my opinion that I want to see cooler looking cars. They can be futuristic and still look good. I don't want the wec (lmp in particular) to go with tall, wide cockpits and fins and fender holes. I hope a lot of people do this survey. I think most want to see different length races as well, and good locations (I chose Monza Fuji Spa LM and Sebring).
Old 22 Sep 2017, 20:31 (Ref:3769346)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
obviously i want races at silverstone and spa as i always attend those as well as le mans
Old 22 Sep 2017, 21:43 (Ref:3769354)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I filled it in and my main point was to not listen to the fans. We don't know how to make it any better. I just want a faster horse. Or "I remember when it was better".
Old 22 Sep 2017, 21:57 (Ref:3769355)   #6
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Yeah, that took a while, especially as I had to start over when the slider bar for one of the pages was unresponsive in the browser I normally use.

Although I might like wilder-looking cars, with GTs, it would be more in the vein of a Mercedes AMG GT1, rather than a Project One; more along the lines of an Aston Martin Vulcan than the Valkyrie; more like a Lamborghini Reventon, instead of a Veneno or Egoista.

Naturally, I put more of my focus on the tracks, and the shortcomings of Grade 1 circuits. Helping change the balance of the calendar in that regard can make less extreme-looking cars still "pop" more than we're used to seeing.

Spa, LM, Monza, Fuji, and Sao Paulo. I also mentioned Philip Island in lieu of Adelaide. (South Australia doesn't have a permanent circuit that's close to full Grade 2 standard.)

I also mentioned that having a "sense of danger" being actively present during the races is an important factor; conversely, I expressly marked a low interest in seeing spectacular crashes.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 22:18 (Ref:3769359)   #7
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Survey very much designed to get the answers that they want!
Old 22 Sep 2017, 22:19 (Ref:3769360)   #8
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Many stupid questions, definitely leading to "answers they want". Should have gone deeper.

Kind of what I expected, Motorsport.com has done a similar survey with F1 for years already: https://f1survey.motorsport.com

In anycase, everyone here should answer the survey. They're not going to come and read our whining here.

Last edited by deggis; 22 Sep 2017 at 22:27.
Old 22 Sep 2017, 22:21 (Ref:3769361)   #9
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Well, if that is the case, and they try to read it that simplistically, some of my slates of answers are going to confuse them. So, I can at least have a good laugh at that.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 05:22 (Ref:3769381)   #10
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Some questions were redundant, but I thought there was some meaningful ones. They asked about the importance of the classes, they asked about the length of the races, they asked about favorite tracks, and favorite manufacturer, and asked which manufacturer you want to see... Those are some of the one's that stuck out. I also voted mid-way on the danger aspect. Running the super-wide Grade 1 tracks you don't get to appreciate the speed of the cars on the broadcasts. I also liked that they asked you to choose one thing about the future, I chose FASTER CARS. They had noise there and I wanted to choose that, but I want to see the cars stay or increase in speed. None of the 'it's too quick, that's dangerous' stuff.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 10:57 (Ref:3769409)   #11
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
South Australia will have an FIA grade 2 circuit when Tailem Bend is finished and it is a track that will be looking for events. Perhaps they are talking to the WEC?
Old 23 Sep 2017, 20:25 (Ref:3769466)   #12
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
South Australia will have an FIA grade 2 circuit when Tailem Bend is finished and it is a track that will be looking for events. Perhaps they are talking to the WEC?
Quite a big track with a lot of layouts. Would be cool for those Aussies to have a wec race. Would they run with a local series because I'm not sure if V8SC would play 'second fiddle' to the wec. They probably would outdraw it.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 20:57 (Ref:3769467)   #13
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I don't think the circuit options in the survey mean anything in terms of actual discussions. I think it should be understood more like "generally any race in Australia".
Old 23 Sep 2017, 22:28 (Ref:3769475)   #14
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Yeah, I noted that I'd like see a race there, at the right track.

The Bend is, well, I'm not sure yet. There are too many weird, angled-perspective views of it, and the various diagrams don't match up, so I'm not sure what to think the layout for sure even is. Some of the images, however, give too much of a Miller Motorsport Park vibe for me to be comfortable.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 23:34 (Ref:3769488)   #15
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The survey is quite long and has some deep questions. Still, I think a few questions werent's as precise as I wish.

For example, "please select 3 racetracks" is rather poor. I had to leave out several racetracks that I also think are mandatory. Also, it doesn't let me distinguish "meh" racetracks (Interlagos, Austin) and "nope" racetacks (Bahrain, Qatar).

Also, there were several questions about classes, but none about field size. I wanted to say that each class should have at least a dozen entries to be healthy.
Old 24 Sep 2017, 03:18 (Ref:3769520)   #16
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Good luck getting 12 cars in LMP1.

Are you combining the totals for GTE-Pro and GTE-Am?
Old 24 Sep 2017, 07:59 (Ref:3769537)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yep 12 in each class would be great but having 4 classes in the race means that in those years that one class is thin on the ground then the field can still be full.
Old 24 Sep 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3769546)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just want to say that the people who are in the sport are doing it all right by doing the survey
Old 24 Sep 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3769560)   #19
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Good luck getting 12 cars in LMP1.

Are you combining the totals for GTE-Pro and GTE-Am?
I demanded 30 LMP1 doing 3:12s in Le Mans and 30 GT1 on 3:37 , if we don´t have them by end of 2018 they aren´t listening the fans.

And the Targa Florio
Old 24 Sep 2017, 15:49 (Ref:3769597)   #20
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
There's no point in having 4 classes in a 30-car grid.
Old 24 Sep 2017, 16:59 (Ref:3769606)   #21
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fair play to them for putting the survey out there. Thought it was interesting they asked specifically about Adelaide, a race in Australia would be fantastic rather than racing in Shanghai with 6 people watching trackside and unsociable tv hours for us in Europe & the states anyway, if China haven't embraced the WEC now I don't think they ever will, so time to move on! 6 races with varied race lengths please & a Le Mans finale
Old 24 Sep 2017, 17:20 (Ref:3769608)   #22
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
Fair play to them for putting the survey out there. Thought it was interesting they asked specifically about Adelaide, a race in Australia would be fantastic rather than racing in Shanghai with 6 people watching trackside and unsociable tv hours for us in Europe & the states anyway, if China haven't embraced the WEC now I don't think they ever will, so time to move on! 6 races with varied race lengths please & a Le Mans finale
Check the attendance figures for Shanghai. It's actually pretty high. And when they show the stands, there's so many of them (like COTA), you would have trouble filling them all even if F1 is in town. There's talk about a Chinese manufacturer joining the lmp1 ranks with DC racing. If that happens, Shanghai really isn't going anywhere
Old 25 Sep 2017, 00:19 (Ref:3769662)   #23
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Check the attendance figures for Shanghai. It's actually pretty high. And when they show the stands, there's so many of them (like COTA), you would have trouble filling them all even if F1 is in town. There's talk about a Chinese manufacturer joining the lmp1 ranks with DC racing. If that happens, Shanghai really isn't going anywhere
Doesn't the government plummet the costs of tickets to get butts in seats at Shanghai?
Old 25 Sep 2017, 06:45 (Ref:3769690)   #24
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were two questions that raised an eyebrow....

1) 6h Sochi being on the list of possible future events to 'vote' for. No thanks.

2) 'Should DPi replace LMP1' Surprised at such frankness in an ACO survey.
Old 25 Sep 2017, 10:07 (Ref:3769709)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And it didn't ask questions about having a two seasons in one