Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Sep 2004, 18:09 (Ref:1104087)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Back for more

Hi folks

Im back again . For the past 2 months ive been working down in Nigeria in a bush village called Eket ..... without any internet connection for most of the time ..... Its been awful to be without the internet and especially this website . I havent had a clue as to who won what and what has been happening these past 2 months . Ive seen some sights that I still cant believe and probably will never fully understand . Apart from being hijacked and thretened with kidnapping im doing good . But its great to be back for awhile anyway !!!

Im looking forward to the next few weeks where I will no doubt be offering some smart comments and asking some stupid questions but please bare with me as I will no doubt catch up fairly quickly before I head off into the unknown again .

I missed the craic and fun ..... keep it up ..... Ger

Last edited by The Badger; 22 Sep 2004 at 18:11.
Old 22 Sep 2004, 18:23 (Ref:1104098)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome back Badger! Glad you made it home safe!

Old 22 Sep 2004, 18:44 (Ref:1104109)   #3
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right in time for the action this weekend Ger!
Old 22 Sep 2004, 19:03 (Ref:1104125)   #4
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Ger, nice to see you again!
There's been a PM waiting for you for several weeks now...

Quote:
...and what has been happening these past 2 months...
Well, look at the LeMans dates first

Nearly kidnapped? Wow, not such a nice neighborhood
Old 22 Sep 2004, 19:52 (Ref:1104180)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome back Gerard! Ill catch up with u later on MSN no doubt.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 00:57 (Ref:1104495)   #6
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Welcome back man! Fire your travel agent!

Hey, you are back, and the Riley and Scott Mk IIIC is now back too, anyone else see a parallel there?
Old 23 Sep 2004, 07:00 (Ref:1104621)   #7
vollpower
Rookie

Ireland
Waterford
vollpower should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maby he gave AUTOCON some of the money he made down there.I also heard they offered the kidnappers major money to keep him but they refused.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 08:49 (Ref:1104690)   #8
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by vollpower
Maby he gave AUTOCON some of the money he made down there.I also heard they offered the kidnappers major money to keep him but they refused.
Is it true that his delicious cocktail recipies have introduced Nigeria to chemical warfare?

Anyway, it can't have been worse than Innsbruck.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 09:20 (Ref:1104720)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Well cybers ..... ive found some "new" recipies to introduce to my palate . But they have their own brands of bush whiskey , gin and vodka which i wouldnt touch a second time cuz its all like methelated spirits !!! The monkey tasted terrible and the bush rat was worse . They have a meat called 404 down there , named after the peugeot 404 . Its the most popular car there and 404 "is" dog meat , when it gets hit buy a car they cook it and sell it or just dognapp it . There are very few dogs down there needless to say . There are no living things in the surounding jungle cuz its all been eaten , except for vulture and even they are hungry!!!
They had a special meat pie , called a "clifford" pie . It turned out to be made from the leg and ass meat from ..... you guessed it mate ..... human !!! But they did catch the butcher and jailed him for life . Glad I had none of those pie's , they might repeat a little !!!
And it was rainy season too so i felt at home

Last edited by The Badger; 23 Sep 2004 at 09:22.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 09:43 (Ref:1104738)   #10
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger
Well cybers ..... ive found some "new" recipies to introduce to my palate .

Quote:
They have a meat called 404 down there , named after the peugeot 404 . Its the most popular car there and 404 "is" dog meat , when it gets hit buy a car they cook it and sell it or just dognapp it .
So when you eat this and believe you are eating veal or whatever, then that's an Error 404. I see.

Quote:
They had a special meat pie , called a "clifford" pie . It turned out to be made from the leg and ass meat from ..... you guessed it mate ..... human !!! But they did catch the butcher and jailed him for life .
Can't have been too difficult; how fast can you run with one leg.

Quote:
Glad I had none of those pie's , they might repeat a little !!!
There's an epitaph: "Clifford - he was a man of taste." ...

Last edited by cybersdorf; 23 Sep 2004 at 09:43.
Old 23 Sep 2004, 09:47 (Ref:1104741)   #11
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Glad I had none of those pie's , they might repeat a little !!!
And they cost you an arm and a leg!
Old 23 Sep 2004, 10:09 (Ref:1104755)   #12
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Can't have been too difficult; how fast can you run with one leg. [/B]
Obviously not his own meat or there wouldnt have been much of a run on the pies !!!
Old 23 Sep 2004, 10:26 (Ref:1104772)   #13
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Obviously not his own meat or there wouldnt have been much of a run on the pies !!!
Well anyway, he really put his foot in it this time!
Old 24 Sep 2004, 05:19 (Ref:1105629)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Welcome back Badger !