Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 17 May 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1303140)   #26
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
My favourite part of that round was when Dermot's bonnet pins gave way on the first lap, just off the start line and the flipped up bonnet didn't actually slow him down much and the only reason he failed to finish the heat was that he was tapped off.
I was at that event too, and I have to agree with you it was my favourite bit of the round aswell, I think he came off at Abbots corner as I was on that post when he went off.
Old 17 May 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1303170)   #27
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Flag, no there was an issue with safety, there was a drivers meeting at one of the rounds and the reps said if nothing was done about it they would not come back, and funnily enouh Cadwell didnt have many more rounds of the BRC afterwards!
I actuall love he track, was very challenging and very similar to the Scandinavian tracks which are so cool to watch at!
But there were safety concerns with the lack of run off from my memory. Same as Lydden really, problem there too is speed! Can anyone remember Rob Gibsons launch of the end of Chessons!!
Old 17 May 2005, 19:20 (Ref:1303182)   #28
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
I seem to remember a few years later there were a lod of accidents near the finish line at Lydden, Gollop, Te Pas and the horrid Golf/Metro one on the video, but nothin seems to have been done about that.
Actually, since the Gollop accident the bank has been taken some distance back (twice) and the tyre wall extended. That's not to say cars don't still go in there though.
Old 18 May 2005, 07:28 (Ref:1303494)   #29
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomex
Actually, since the Gollop accident the bank has been taken some distance back (twice) and the tyre wall extended. That's not to say cars don't still go in there though.
Dave Bellerby as an example Easter last year.
Thank goodness he was able able to return to the sport after such a short time and to winning ways almost immediately.
Old 18 May 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1304004)   #30
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator
Dave Bellerby as an example Easter last year.
Thank goodness he was able able to return to the sport after such a short time and to winning ways almost immediately.
Yes indeed.
Old 18 May 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1304032)   #31
Rotweiler
Rookie

United Kingdom
The kennel
Rotweiler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to the topic:

Favourites
Knockhill - Fast and flowing, beautiful (but long) drive to the circuit (once you're past Blackpool)
Lydden - The right hander onto the rough after coming down hairy hill is one of my favourite corners, the spectators, and the reasonably short drive.
Mondello and Croft - Mondello - for the welcome, and the technicality of the track and the fact that I haven't learnt to go quick there yet, so its a challenge. Croft - Good for spectators, plenty of grip on the tarmac.
Old 19 May 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1304820)   #32
moyzer
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldermaston, Berks
moyzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've only been to four different rallycross circuits, so my faves are obviously coming from those. Thats coming from a 'live' perspective anyway. I just don't thnk you can beat the whole buzz of Lydden. It's by far my fave track for spectating. Couldn't point out one thing in particular that stands out. It's just Lydden and it's great!!
Loved the Rallycross GP at Croft so thats (Croft) second. Fast tracks definately make the blood rush!! It was awsome watching the power slides on the tarmac section before the chicane onto the loose at the GP.
Third would be Brands, but thats only cos Blyton wasn't great. Sooo dusty when I was there. The new brands circuit isn't great. I think Hoppy would have something to say about it if he were here still!!
I'm interested to see how the new Wildtracks set-up goes. I'm tempted to go later in the year.

Meanwhile, I'll just keep my dream alive that ALL of the current Supercars make the trip to Lydden in August. Come on guys, lets not have any allegance to RSS or MSA events, lets all make it a spectacle at every event!!

PS. It's good to be back 'on-line' again.
Old 19 May 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1304936)   #33
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyzer
Meanwhile, I'll just keep my dream alive that ALL of the current Supercars make the trip to Lydden in August. Come on guys, lets not have any allegance to RSS or MSA events, lets all make it a spectacle at every event!!

Could not agree with you more.
Lets hope that they can all get to Lydden and make it a spectacle that RALLYCROSS can be proud of.
It is the spiritual home of rallycross so if they can't do it there...........
We can but hope
As you can guess Lydden is my favorite circuit