Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Jun 2011, 00:49 (Ref:2896317)   #1
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What Can I Do at a Race Meeting?

Prompted by a post by someone with a bad back.

What can I do at a race meeting? Well, as far as I am concerned it depends on what I feel capable of doing on that particular day.

When I broke my ankle and couldn't go on the bank, I did race phones or other jobs around race control. (How did you think I became "PieLady"? )

Since I got diagnosed with B12 deficiency, I have done paddock gate at Mallory, pit lane hooter out of Donington race control, and Assembly with (God bless him) Alf Glasser doing all the hard work.

I AM a Flag Marshal and have been for 20+ years. That is all I want to do when I marshal and I object when made to "observe" (Post Chief) out on the bank. But I do it - badly - if that is what is required of me.

To be honest, I think I've enjoyed the last few years of doing various tasks more than all those years before when I was adamant that I would only ever flag.

I think what I am trying to say is that you don't need to get into any "rut" when it comes to marshalling. Go with the flow, don't worry about grading or whatever it is now. Enjoy and find at least one job that suits you.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 14:04 (Ref:2897108)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!