Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 4 Mar 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2644732)   #26
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
Found news yesterday stating that Foust confirmed just three (rather than four) 2010 ERC rounds yet: Montalegre/Portugal, Lydden Hill/Great Britain and Höljes/Sweden.
Good stuff, be interesting to see him in action at Lydden!
Old 4 Mar 2010, 12:16 (Ref:2644756)   #27
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Am definately going to Lydden now, was wavering a bit to be honest, but will be nice tosee someone completely new havea crack at Paddock!!

They did race rallycross at Brafield stadium yes, I was involved in trying to get the autograss cars I was invovled heavily in at the time to race there, but the governing body said' "It wasnt in the best interests of the sport"

Hey ho, Steve Mundy, Gareth Thomas both leave grass within a few years rarely to return!!
Old 4 Mar 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2644796)   #28
sjones
Racer

England
Cheshire, United Kingdom
sjones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike Manning still comes to join us on the grass, He was racing at Severn Valley BAS last year if my mind serves me right!
Old 4 Mar 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2644874)   #29
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Am definately going to Lydden now, was wavering a bit to be honest, but will be nice tosee someone completely new havea crack at Paddock!!
Exactly my thoughts - Foust has particpated in quite a range of driving events in the US, so it'll be interesting to see how he fares over here.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 16:02 (Ref:2644898)   #30
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why would you be wavering? This is the pinnacle Rallycross event the country has to offer! If you're in the country, then go!

Should be good to see whether Foust is on the pace in the ERC!
Old 4 Mar 2010, 17:42 (Ref:2644967)   #31
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones View Post
Mike Manning still comes to join us on the grass, He was racing at Severn Valley BAS last year if my mind serves me right!
Yea I started on grass and still have in storage my class 1 mini built in 1992.
I take it out for the odd meeting.
Old 4 Mar 2010, 23:17 (Ref:2645176)   #32
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gotta be honest I went last year and the modern Div1 cars left me a bit cold. Too quiet and too understeery with grooved tyres!!

THey are still amazing but a little too erm, refined!!

The otehr stuff just makes loads noise without going anywhere!! but again must be great to drive!!
Old 5 Mar 2010, 10:42 (Ref:2645411)   #33
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
I agree with you about the understeery bit, they look the best when the track is a bit greasy - at Maasmachelen a couple of years ago, when the track was dry they struggled to drift round the last corner, but when it was wet, they looked amazing!

Still, with Tanner Foust and hopefully some WRC boys, Lydden is a must-not-miss (especially if Liam has a shot at the A Final at least!)
Old 5 Mar 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2645417)   #34
Hickey1
Racer

England
Maidstone, Kent
Hickey1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I comfortably beat Mr Foust at any discipline on Dirt 2 so I don't think he will be up there with the big ERC boys.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 11:27 (Ref:2645438)   #35
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not one 'A' final for Foust in those three 2010 ERC rounds me claims!
With a bit of luck one maybe two 'B' finals…
Old 5 Mar 2010, 12:00 (Ref:2645453)   #36
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
In Sweden, he'd be lucky to make the D Final, I predict. The other two depends on entries, I guess, but yeah, cannot really see him harming the top 10 - be interesting to see though...
Old 5 Mar 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2645545)   #37
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No he wont be in the top 8-10 but he will try hard, so should be good to see.
Old 5 Mar 2010, 22:43 (Ref:2645853)   #38
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't see him making it to any event other than Sweden myself good coo for Erikksson and the event!Dont really care if he makes it to the Lydden ERC!
Rallycross here and In Europe has been successful for years it has had it bad times but pulled through.The yanks will just take the formatt change it to suit there needs get fed up with it and then Dump it,with the the way the teams are proceeding with driver rentals the ERC is looking to become bigger and better who needs America
Old 6 Mar 2010, 01:31 (Ref:2645907)   #39
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Gotta be honest I went last year and the modern Div1 cars left me a bit cold. Too quiet and too understeery with grooved tyres!!
What makes you think that slicks tyres will make the car’s less understeery?

I have been at Höljes ERC every year sense 99 and every year the final’s have been better than the year before. I am sure that the same thing will happen to Lydden! Last year Lydden was new to all but Hansen, Hunsbedt, Eklund, Pailler and Jernberg. This year all have notes from Lydden. I just hope that LHMC can prepare the track well enough to stop all the punctures[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman].
Old 6 Mar 2010, 08:55 (Ref:2645978)   #40
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Oh it is justthe way the cars are set up and driven now.

If you look on board wth any of the top guys, be it Isachsen, Hunsbedt or anyone, they are always on the handbrake even on tar to try and get the front to point where they want it to.

I just think eitehr the tyres or diff setings they use in ERC top class make the cars unsersteer too much.

Gone are the days when you could wallop down the hill into Paddock and throw it is in teh drym, now you would just push on straight over the grass!!