Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 24 Sep 2007, 18:38 (Ref:2021964)   #1
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"A Style"--as the texting generation would say- WTF?

Earlier in the season, I had a (North American) laugh at the "Nickle and Dime" sponser signs, with the nickle an diming" expression over here not something you'd ever use for the name of a business..

so, now after watching the Japanese 250 and Motogp races, just what on earth is this "A-Style" company and what do you guys think of it?

Never seen it before in me life, and well, I can imagine its a company for a bathhouse (g)A(y)Style or something, cuz well it certainly looks likes a couple of blokes being rather friendly with each other. The logo is really like the FedEx logo, once you start seeing the "arrow" between the "E" and the "x", you notice it all the time. So here, watching the races and listening to the interviews, all I could see was the risquée placement of the two little dots beside the "A".

while I don't think it's too appropriate (I mean there is so much sex in advertising now) I have to admit that its a pretty darn smart piece of graphic work, how those two dots completely change the use of the "A" (dependant though on the little flat bits at the bottom of the A)

anyway, just was surprised to see a logo being used with such wide coverage.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 18:59 (Ref:2021988)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.astyle.it/

Looks like clothing and such. They also sell helmets.

I love the fact that they have Moto GP information on their website.

Their logo, is um, interesting...
Old 24 Sep 2007, 19:39 (Ref:2022022)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We debated this last season!
Old 25 Sep 2007, 03:02 (Ref:2022244)   #4
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
We debated this last season!
one day young fella, you'll be in the same boat as me, hopelessly out of touch with new (ok, -ish) media stuff.....yes you too will become a lame old guy....

what can I say, I don't get out much, and as my only defence, I watch the races for the racing, hear that, the racing!! ;-) and so I tend to pan over the grid girls etc (seriously, I've still got the pervy mind I did at 16, but there is sooo much advertising in life, birds with little clothing on, that I really do sort of pan over it. I think I've said here before, I'm sure I'll be still turning my head at a bit of skirt until I kick it, but because of the amount of advertising in our lives, from the tv to the pre-movie stuff at the cinema, right to sitting down to take a crap in a public loo, I tend to blank it out)

I had to laugh out loud (er, parden me, I mean lol) when I went to their site and saw the motogp stuff, amongst others, the photos of the "grid girls" with the helmets--for ages I've been wondering why the hell the chicks on the rostrum etc were wear these goofy scooter helmets.....

in any case, they certainly threw out a whack of billboards etc for the motogp races didn't they? (see the start photo from Assen, riders and A-Style full stop as whathisnamethegreatcommentator would say) And it did the intended effect, I noticed, have now looked at their website, and so if I want to get a overpriced scooter and wear a dorky looking helmet and dress 20 yrs too young, I'll know where to go.

ps, for the lack of another dot or half dot, my vote is that it looks like 2 guys boinking.

pps, seeing the logo again, it really is a masterpiece of graphic design, totally subversive and simple effective use of minimal additions to a letter. Fits in totally with the look of the website btw (see, I'm not totally clueless)

cheerio chaps
Old 25 Sep 2007, 13:18 (Ref:2022596)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb
one day young fella, you'll be in the same boat as me, hopelessly out of touch with new (ok, -ish) media stuff.....yes you too will become a lame old guy....
Nah, not saying you're out of touch in any way....it's just amusing that we keep returning to this dubious logo!
Old 25 Sep 2007, 14:46 (Ref:2022680)   #6
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ahaha that's terrible, I never noticed that A before.

The wording of their message indicating a lack of flash player, yeah well... It could be a bad translation...
Old 25 Sep 2007, 19:21 (Ref:2022898)   #7
djb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Nah, not saying you're out of touch in any way....it's just amusing that we keep returning to this dubious logo!
yeah I know, I was just being a smart alec

and egg, the flash player blurb, now thats funny!

"this dubious logo!"--ha, I just had a flash, they're a sponser of a sport full of young, fit men wearing tight leather.....

and on that dubious note, I shall cease and desist mentioning anything else!
Old 25 Sep 2007, 21:41 (Ref:2022989)   #8
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
.... MY GOD!

I suddenly "saw" that image. That is despicable!
Old 26 Sep 2007, 11:55 (Ref:2023492)   #9
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its so rude.....