Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 14 Jul 2009, 19:48 (Ref:2501811)   #1
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British F3 Donington

After my ill fated attempt at starting a thread before Snet (no responses!!!) thought I'd try again for this weekend's Donnington effort.
Predictions:
1 Daniel Ricciardo
2 Riki Christodoulou
3 Renger van der Zande

Nat Class
1 Daniel McKenzie
2 Gabriel Dias
3 Victor Correa

If I'm right then I'll claim I was right if I'm wrong it might at least be entertaining racing
Old 14 Jul 2009, 20:07 (Ref:2501823)   #2
ford prefect
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
ford prefect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say Christadoulou from Van de Zande.

Sad that F3 never attracts a decent spectator base. Shame it isn't on the bill with BTCC
Old 14 Jul 2009, 20:45 (Ref:2501852)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford prefect View Post
Shame it isn't on the bill with BTCC
nope, not in the slightest

here's a vaguely local forecast: http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Derby-UKXX0040
Old 16 Jul 2009, 21:30 (Ref:2503013)   #4
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently Richelmi will race in Misano rather than in Donington
Old 17 Jul 2009, 15:29 (Ref:2503350)   #5
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Saturday, 18th July 2009
Qualifying 11:25 11:55
Qualifying 15:25 15:55

Sunday, 19th July 2009
Race 1 11:15 11:45
Race 2 16:15 16:45

Live timing

So...who's running the JTR Mygale if anyone?
Old 17 Jul 2009, 17:35 (Ref:2503423)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
nobody, according to this week's autosport. someone tested at brands the other week but no-one's been found for the race seat.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 20:00 (Ref:2503480)   #7
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hmm, again thanks for the information Bella. A great opportunity for a sponsor to step-up IMO, for the rest of the year at least. Nick qualified 17th for Kolles & Heinz in Zandvoort, FWIW.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2503496)   #8
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
nope, not in the slightest
Just remind me what's the average grid size at the moment.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2503526)   #9
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Van Der Zande was quickest in testing from Ricciardo. Dias continues to show excellent pace in 6th overall. Aaron Steele seems to be missing from Litespeed, and Kiwi Dominic Storey has joined Raikkonen Robertson Racing for Donny, he's jumped the gun a bit from Formula Renault, but its for one round only.

1 INT Renger van der Zande/NED, Hitech Dallara-Mercedes, 1m 02.134s / 1m 01.989s
2 INT Daniel Ricciardo/AUS, Carlin Dallara-Volkswagen, 1m 02.061s / 1m 02.114s
3 INT Carlos Huertas/COL, RR Dallara-Mercedes, 1m 02.304s / 1m 02.609s
4 INT Walter Grubmüller/AUT, Hitech Dallara-Mercedes, 1m 02.481s / 1m 02.375s
5 INT Henry Arundel/GBR, Carlin Dallara-Volkswagen, 1m 02.443s / 1m 02.477s
6 NAT Gabriel Dias/BRA, T-Sport Dallara-Mugen Honda, 1m 02.534s / 1m 02.909s
7 INT Adriano Buzaid/BRA, T-Sport Dallara-Volkswagen, 1m 02.672s / 1m 02.541s
8 INT Max Chilton/GBR, Carlin Dallara-Volkswagen, 1m 02.561s / 1m 02.769s
9 INT Wayne Boyd/GBR, T-Sport Dallara-Volkswagen, 1m 02.686s / 1m 03.557s
10 INT Daisuke Nakajima/JPN, RR Dallara-Mercedes, 1m 02.706s / 1m 03.174s
11 INT Riki Christodoulou/GBR, Fortec Dallara-Mercedes, 1m 03.064s / 1m 02.869s
12 INT Philip Major/CDN, Carlin Dallara-Volkswagen, 1m 03.299s / 1m 03.472s
13 INT Jay Bridger/GBR, Litespeed Mygale-Mugen Honda, 1m 03.385s / 1m 03.482s
14 INT Hywel Lloyd/GBR, CF Racing Dallara-Mugen Honda, 1m 03.397s / 1m 03.650s
15 INT Dominic Storey/NZL, RR Dallara-Mercedes, 1m 03.473s / 1m 03.715s
16 INT Victor Garcia/ESP, Fortec Dallara-Mercedes, 1m 04.040s / 1m 03.574s
17 NAT Daniel McKenzie/GBR, Fortec Dallara-Mugen Honda, 1m 03.680s / 1m 03.853s
18 NAT Max Snegirev/RUS, West-Tec Dallara-Mugen Honda, 1m 04.467s / 1m 04.900s
19 NAT Victor Correa/BRA, Litespeed-Mugen Honda, 1m 05.396s / 1m 04.853s
Old 17 Jul 2009, 21:37 (Ref:2503533)   #10
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Just remind me what's the average grid size at the moment.
that wouldn't have changed the budget. it would have just meant sharing the arse end of the paddock with the clios.

the time to worry is when it drops below 15. right now it's fine, and there's 3 or 4 extra entries for the 2 foreign rounds. looks pretty good to me.
Old 18 Jul 2009, 07:37 (Ref:2503679)   #11
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
F3 is a very expensive class to run [possibly too expensive] - and on the current level of exposure one would have to say its not great value for a backer. Its series partner, British GT, is also suffering badly which will make it even harder to attract the level of TV coverage British F3 deserves. Right now you'd have to say that an up and coming driver would be better off spending more time in Formula Renault before making the step to Europe... which is why numbers are below 20 and the national class is pretty much finished. I'm not sure I know what the answer is because as you say, the BTCC paddock is already very large, but clearly doing nothing will have grid sizes slide below 15 and at that point it will be all over.
Old 18 Jul 2009, 12:33 (Ref:2503773)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
nothing's great for a backer right now! let's be fair here, all bets are off until the economy sorts itself out. you could offer a company 20 virgins and a tattoo on your forehead and they'd still not be interested. when we're back with the economy picking up a little then you can start to say something's bad but until then, i bet bf3 comes out the other side. the 3 race idea, if it goes ahead, is an excellent plan to claw back some drivers and wouldn't be possible if they were on the toca bandwagon.

meanwhile, back at donington, it's a hitech whitewash at the front for race 1...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/77039
Old 19 Jul 2009, 09:54 (Ref:2504103)   #13
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And Ricciardo has pole for race 2
Old 19 Jul 2009, 11:09 (Ref:2504132)   #14
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I have done this as an experiment and am not sure that I should continue to do so, but was interested to see if it was possible. So, courtesy of TSL Timing, race 1 result [click on the image for a larger version]:
Attached Thumbnails
Donington Race1.bmp  
Old 19 Jul 2009, 20:33 (Ref:2504374)   #15
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well strider... T-Sport fought back. I am surprised, as probably most of us, as I predicted at the beginning of the year Grubmuller is stronger and stronger.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 20:35 (Ref:2504376)   #16
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to Dan McK and the Fortec team for two good wins today.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 20:56 (Ref:2504402)   #17
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
Well strider... T-Sport fought back. I am surprised, as probably most of us, as I predicted at the beginning of the year Grubmuller is stronger and stronger.
T-Sport have always been a good team, as you know and I've heard that Volkswagen have updated their engines recently, so it all makes sense. Boyd was outstanding today.

Grubmuller has definitely improved himself, but really he is benefiting from two things. The first is the massive amount of money that Hitech have spent on development over the last 18 months. The second is Renger van der Zande, who has brought a huge amount of technical expertise and experience to the team. It saddens me that In both Walter's race wins he has been protected from behind by Renger. You can call it team-work, but I call it team orders. It isn't motor racing.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 21:14 (Ref:2504428)   #18
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Dunno about Renger, dont want to speculate, but IMO Walter, as he tested #13 and #14 car during winter has taken the one which suits him better. Everybody knows about his testing programme with two cars... thats why I am not surprised by his speed.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2504451)   #19
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
Dunno about Renger, dont want to speculate, but IMO Walter, as he tested #13 and #14 car during winter has taken the one which suits him better. Everybody knows about his testing programme with two cars... thats why I am not surprised by his speed.
Whatever. I know which of the two drivers I would rather have in my team.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 21:16 (Ref:2505086)   #20
Latino
Rookie

Latino should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi strider its obvious to everyone that Renger is just obeying orders !!!!

But really he is better than that but when you need a drive or a promise of a drive in the future you will do anything for the boss.

Team orders have no place in any junior formula.

money can buy you anything, but not respect !!!!
Old 23 Jul 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2506569)   #21
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well lets hope Daniel wins the title then

Whats this i hear about Max Chilton being a Manor F1 candidate for next year
Old 23 Jul 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2506585)   #22
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Whats this i hear about Max Chilton being a Manor F1 candidate for next year
Indeed, an unusual rumour. Apparently his father's in talks to buy into the team. He'd beat Alguersuari's youngest driver record too. But John Booth has denied it so we shall see
Old 23 Jul 2009, 14:04 (Ref:2506647)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
is that the sound of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse i hear??
Old 23 Jul 2009, 14:43 (Ref:2506668)   #24
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 is being devalued, next they will put kids in from Karts!
Old 23 Jul 2009, 22:32 (Ref:2506911)   #25
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
I think that was a word, since Manor's F1 inseption that Chilton Sr. has a stake in the team, so that doesn't surprise me at all. It wouldn't surprised me if Sam Bird, also backed by AON would fill 2nd seat.