Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 26 Jan 2011, 22:21 (Ref:2821052)   #1
Roy4
Rookie

Australia
Roy4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your dream racing game?

If you could make your own racing game, what would would it feature, what cars would it have, what tracks would it have and what would it be called?
Old 26 Jan 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2821055)   #2
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to have a game based round britcar ,Dutch supercar sort of cars with the silverstone 24 hrs included.
Old 26 Jan 2011, 22:33 (Ref:2821058)   #3
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A GT career type game-start off in club GT series, progress to British GT, GT Open, GT1 World Championship, Le Mans Series, ALMS & Le Mans 24hr.
Old 26 Jan 2011, 23:25 (Ref:2821080)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pretty much Iracing without the extortionate fees!

I would also try and create a much, much bettter rally based game, with virtual stages mapped from reality and a whole host of cars.

THe current games (apart from RBR) are a very poor show.

there are enough GT and NASCAR and F1 games.

A good Super Touring game?

Rallycross?

A decent bike sim?
Old 27 Jan 2011, 11:31 (Ref:2821305)   #5
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
jimothy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A game that looked like GT5, had FM3's customisation and featured a whole heap of cars, including the late 90's super-tourers and the cars the current s2000/NGTC cars are based on. Thank you please!!!
Old 27 Jan 2011, 13:30 (Ref:2821356)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not too fussed about what or where - I do like the RFactor concept of downloading the tracks you want, though. What I really want is a Race Engineer add on which will advise what set up changes I should make in order to tailor the car to my driving. I really don't want to have to learn the intricacies of suspension tweaks, nor can I really tell if most of them have helped anyway since you can't really feel what the car's doing.

Now if a little programme would say 'understeer? I'll change this which will also have this side effect, or I could change that and the other but that will make this happen as well. Tick which you want to do' I'd be very happy. The current choices are between unrealistic arcade handling or too realistic and technical set ups.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2821471)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I'd like an F1 title that included the option of creating your own team, as well as perhaps your own tracks. You could limit to only being able to put 2 of your own custom tracks in to the championship/season mode to keep it in check.

You could even have the 3rd drivers available as far as choosing your drivers for your team, so it's not just the current 2011 crop turning up season after season.

Selby
Old 27 Jan 2011, 21:31 (Ref:2821483)   #8
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would really love a game where you can try and recreate a single seater career. Starting in Karts onto junior formulae before eventually attempting to crack F1.

Probably impossible to make but it's what I'd like in a dream world.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 22:32 (Ref:2821504)   #9
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Combination of:
- Career progression like V8's/TOCA 1/2/3, except more options rather than just option A or B only for the next season
- $$ required to allow for repairs (ie you can't write off the car every race and expect it to be repaired - i think Colin McRae Rally did this?), potentially coming from new sponsors you have to impress to be able to afford to step up to the next level
- The AI of NASCAR2003
- REALISTIC DAMAGE!!!!
- Everything Woolley said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
I'm not too fussed about what or where - I do like the RFactor concept of downloading the tracks you want, though. What I really want is a Race Engineer add on which will advise what set up changes I should make in order to tailor the car to my driving. I really don't want to have to learn the intricacies of suspension tweaks, nor can I really tell if most of them have helped anyway since you can't really feel what the car's doing.

Now if a little programme would say 'understeer? I'll change this which will also have this side effect, or I could change that and the other but that will make this happen as well. Tick which you want to do' I'd be very happy. The current choices are between unrealistic arcade handling or too realistic and technical set ups.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 23:18 (Ref:2821523)   #10
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Basically I want LFS, with real cars and tracks.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 08:04 (Ref:2821638)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think one of the biggest issues facing sim gamers these days is that the people that develop some of these mods are maybe a different sort of driver to everyone else!

I spend a lot of time racing F1 1991, and though I am quick enough to compete in the top few, the quickest guys are amazingly fast. And if you try their setups, they are very much different.

This says to me that a certain style maybe works better than mine? I know the tracks, I know how to go quickly etc?? When you get to a certain level, it's consistency and knowledge of the mod that makes you quick I think.

As for whole games, well a like the idea of proper career progression using real money, chasing sponsors,. In fact some sort of SIMS style game where you have to even do things like talk to the press, attend sponsor functions, go testing, develop new parts would I think be an amazing idea.

But to sell that to the small amount of PC gamers is a very hard sell. And the game wqould take years to develop, imagine the huge amount of people involved

RF to me is an amazing mod and most of the way there, it's so accessible, so easy to mod.

Iracing is by far the best sim for physics, accuracy, level of immersion. But RF is free!!

I do fear that the pay to race culture is here to stay, and I guess the more the merrier, but don't let World of Warcraft put you off, tens of millions of subscribers paying 12 quid a month just t host a server? Easiest money you'll ever make eh?And you get very little for that other than somewhere to play, at least I get you new cars/tracks now and then, though nyou pay for that honour verily!!!
Old 28 Jan 2011, 17:14 (Ref:2821893)   #12
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now this is an interesting thread.

My dream racing game would effectively be an all encompassing GT racing game. You start off in the lower ranks, Porsche Carrera Cup or Ginetta G50 cup, you decide. After that you move into British GT GT4 class and then up to the GT3 class. Once that's done you can move into the FIA GT3 championship or into International GT open in their equivalent of the GT3 category. at this level though you would have to do two years, so say year 1 would be 2008 and year 2 would be 2009. After this you can upgrade to LMS GT2 or International GT open GT2. After this the world is your oyster. It now all depends on the money and sponsorship you've earnt. So now, you can go into anything, money permitting. LMP1, LMP2, GT1, GT2 in ALMS, LMS, ILMC or FIA GT1 World Championship.

The game would contain all of the teams, tracks, cars from several years of Porsche Carrera cup, Ginetta G50 cup, British GT GT3 and GT4, International GT open GT2 and GT3, LMS LMP1, LMP2, GT1, GT2, ALMS LMP1, LMP2, GT1, GT2 and FIA GT1 and FIA GT3 and also LMP1, LMP2, GT1, GT2 in ILMC. And, not forgetting LMP1, LMP2, GT1, GT2 cars and teams from LM24 as well.

Now, to start the game you have two choices. You can race as a driver for a team. So say Jota in Porsche Carrera Cup, Chad in British GT, CRS in GT Open and so on. This is the easier route of the game but bear in mind it won't yield as many rewards and prizes. The other route is set up your own team. You will choose your livery, other drivers, what car your team run and what discipline you want to focus on. This is the tougher route of the game. You drive for your own team and manage all your sponsorships and so on. This will yield more rewards from the game as well.

There will be endurance races in the game as well, you can choose the difficulty but the longer you race the bigger the reward in the end. The endurance races would be as follows:

Sebring 12 hours
Monza 1000km
Spa 1000km
Silverstone 1000km
Nurburgring 1000km
Le Mans 24 hours
Spa 24 hours (GT2, GT3 and GT4.)
Portimao 1000km
Hungaroring 1000km
Petit Le Mans 1000 miles
Laguna Seca 1000km
Zhuhai 1000km
Okayama 1000km
Silverstone 24 hours (GT2, GT3 and GT4.)

The game will feature day/night transition and changeable weather. The driving physics would be that of Forza Motorsport 3, the sounds would be done by a the sound team behind PGR4. The car modelling would be done by Polyphony and the game would have online racing for up to 25 people while offline would be able to handle up to 50 cars.

Once you have finished the standard career, a secondary career opens up called "The Golden years." This would contain several seasons of classic sports car racing, these seasons would be as follows:

Late 1960's/early 1970's. The likes of the Ford GT40, Ferrari P3/P4, Ferrari 512, Porsche 917, Lola T70, Chevrons.

Late 1980's/early 1990's. The likes of Porsche 962, Sauber C9/C11/C291, Jaguar XJR9/XJR12/XJR14, Mazda 787B, Toyota TS010, Peugeot 905, Aston Martin AMR1, Spices and Tigas.

Late 1990's. The likes of Toyota TS020, Mercedes CLK GTR/CLR, Nissan R390/R391, Audi R8C/R8R, Courages, Porsche 911 GT1, Mclaren F1 GTR, BMW V12 LMR, Ferrari 333SP, Panoz LMP/Batmobile, Dodge Viper GTS-R's, Porsche 911 GT2's.

The game itself would be called "The Road to Le Mans" as the aim of the game is to eventually win the Le Mans 24 hours.

IMO, this would be a spectacularly good game, shame it will almost certainly never happen.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2821902)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Have never, erevr understood tha fascination with enduranc racing really! It bores the living daylights out of me, so making a game out of it would obviosuly do the same!!!

Each to their own I guess, I prefer short snappy racing really, brought up on rallycross and short ovals!!
Old 28 Jan 2011, 19:18 (Ref:2821966)   #14
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Have never, erevr understood tha fascination with enduranc racing really! It bores the living daylights out of me, so making a game out of it would obviosuly do the same!!!

Each to their own I guess, I prefer short snappy racing really, brought up on rallycross and short ovals!!
I suppose Endurance Racing is a love hate thing at the end of the day. A rallycross game would be pretty sweet though, Rallisport Challenge 2 was a hilariously good rally game. Best ever made IMO, the rallycross on that was seriosuly good fun, it's a shame they didn't make a 3rd for the 360.
Old 28 Jan 2011, 19:42 (Ref:2821971)   #15
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A proper oval simulator would be nice so I can come over all Larry Mac and go on about tyres (or tires?) till the cows come to roost! That and most games have poor oval support with there being multi car pileups yet the AI race director thinking it's ok to stay green!

Failing that I'd like to have a game where I can be god (or CoC) as an addon to the normal racing modes just as a little minigame on the side. I guess playing the numbers game World of Warcraft does that to you...
Old 28 Jan 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2822025)   #16
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimothy84 View Post
A game that looked like GT5, had FM3's customisation and featured a whole heap of cars
I demand even more, because I love Gran Turismo / Grid / Dirt semi-sim physics but also NFS Most Wanted / Carbon arcade "gimme nawwws" physics. I love rally cars, touring cars, formula cars, sports cars. I love Spped Racer fanatasy tracks, Spa / Monaco / Indianapolis / Nordschleife and wrong way highway driving.

I want a racing game that not only has every car and track, not only lets you design tracks, I want one that lets you design the game itself. Don't be surprised that I'm studying to become a video game developer. I have made a racing game already (Autito), although it's insanely far from my ultimate dream.
Old 29 Jan 2011, 09:34 (Ref:2822195)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just Le Mans

Full set of cars - updated each year. With the ability to load any year's set on any version of the track since 1923! With the ability to save at any point.

And absolutely no F1 mods.
Old 29 Jan 2011, 09:43 (Ref:2822200)   #18
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Lol, another sports car nut!

I would love a proper rally mod, Mk2's, Stratos, Group B

A very good F1 turbo mod would also be great, F185 was superb, but never seemed finished!
Old 29 Jan 2011, 11:32 (Ref:2822226)   #19
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just want an F1 game that isnt complete bullcrap.

The graphics of GRID, combined with the physics of iRacing and you have a winner.
Old 29 Jan 2011, 13:45 (Ref:2822279)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Lol, another sports car nut!

Too right! Life doesn't revolve just around F1 you know!
Old 29 Jan 2011, 14:57 (Ref:2822309)   #21
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Oh believe me Ayes, I am not at all keen on F1, but have never really got sports cars!

I like many others prefer the Group C stuff, that is fine, and been waiting since RF was released for the annoyingly slow Proto C mod.

But for online and mod races I prefer shprt, sharp stuff, that's all.

As for real life, then sports cars now leave me even colder sadly. I like going to see them now and then, but a race!! Blimey! I prefer bikes and even hate endurtance racing there, so not my thin I guess!
Old 29 Jan 2011, 18:19 (Ref:2822366)   #22
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
id either base it on 2 forms, historic cars, starting off with pre war, every series you win, you jump 10 years, so basically you could have pre war gp cars, all the way up to modern day, and the same with gt cars, from prewar bentleys, amr1s, can am, group c, gt1, 2,3 , lms, dp

OR have a feeder series idea so karting, ff, frenault, f3, f2, gp2, f1 and the same for gt, so ginettas, radicals, british gt, gt3, gt2, gt1, lms, dp so could have lemans and daytona 24 hrs on

thats what i liked about the nascar game a couple of years back with whelen modifieds, truck series, busch and nextel cup
Old 1 Feb 2011, 21:06 (Ref:2824179)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Oh believe me Ayes, I am not at all keen on F1, but have never really got sports cars!

I like many others prefer the Group C stuff, that is fine, and been waiting since RF was released for the annoyingly slow Proto C mod.
Oh well, we're actually close then - for me sportscars means prototypes - not GTs......
Old 2 Feb 2011, 01:47 (Ref:2824301)   #24
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Of course, there are quite a number of cars that blur the line between prototype and GT, so what do you do with them?
Old 2 Feb 2011, 01:57 (Ref:2824303)   #25
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post

CART Precision Racing had that - it was a great game...

I would also like a full ACO/IMSA management game where you can manage a team and choose which series to race in, whether it be LM24/LMS/ALMS/IMSA Lites etc...choose cars, class, driving squad, raise money - all of this kind of stuff.