Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 30 Jun 2015, 16:42 (Ref:3554959)   #51
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Not having a marketing solution, isn't going to attract advertisers and sponsors and is something that's plagued the IRL from its inception.
Exactly. Sponsors will find other series to put their money, if the attitude is something like "we're just a bunch of journeymen with our Italian made junior open-wheelers".
Old 30 Jun 2015, 16:58 (Ref:3554965)   #52
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Exactly. Sponsors will find other series to put their money, if the attitude is something like "we're just a bunch of journeymen with our Italian made junior open-wheelers".
The result is the rows of empty seats at Saturday's race. However, according to IndyCar the ratings for MAVTV 500, were more than double those of 2014. I don't know how the Nielsen rating system works.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2015/06/...VTV-500-double

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 30 Jun 2015 at 17:28.
Old 1 Jul 2015, 13:10 (Ref:3555181)   #53
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Having the season finale in October's not going to happen with Mark Miles in charge because he thinks the NFL will clash with IndyCar.
That's the Boston Consulting group talking and they have Mike Miles ear. I'm convinced that they (Boston Consulting Group) are N.E. Patriot fans that do not want to go to race weekends when the Pats are playing.
Old 1 Jul 2015, 13:24 (Ref:3555182)   #54
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
That's the Boston Consulting group talking and they have Mike Miles ear. I'm convinced that they (Boston Consulting Group) are N.E. Patriot fans that do not want to go to race weekends when the Pats are playing.
What do the Boston Consulting Group know about motorsport, then again what does Mark Miles know know about motorsport, if he has to get advice from the Boston Consulting Group?

They probably are Pats fans and are behind Deflate Gate.
Old 1 Jul 2015, 14:21 (Ref:3555194)   #55
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Miles used to run ATP (tennis) and was involved in staging a Superbowl event, as far as I recall. More notable than bull riding...
Old 1 Jul 2015, 14:50 (Ref:3555205)   #56
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10TENTHS View Post
Miles used to run ATP (tennis) and was involved in staging a Superbowl event, as far as I recall. More notable than bull riding...
Indeed he did but Tennis and the Super Bowl aren't motorsport and neither is bull riding.
Old 1 Jul 2015, 15:44 (Ref:3555224)   #57
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
By the way, PBR has been sold to IMG. Randy Bernard surely deserves some credit.
Old 1 Jul 2015, 19:19 (Ref:3555263)   #58
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The result is the rows of empty seats at Saturday's race. However, according to IndyCar the ratings for MAVTV 500, were more than double those of 2014. I don't know how the Nielsen rating system works.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2015/06/...VTV-500-double
Scheduling the race at 1pm on a Saturday wasn't doing anyone any favours
Old 1 Jul 2015, 19:25 (Ref:3555265)   #59
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Scheduling the race at 1pm on a Saturday wasn't doing anyone any favours
It didn't help.
Old 8 Jul 2015, 01:08 (Ref:3556659)   #60
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
During my Toronto visit, I didn't see any kind of promotion in downton. No prints, billboards. Nothing at all. ALMS (and USCC) has had a pit stop demo at Yonge-Dundas Square for many years, IndyCar had nothing.
They used to do a mini-festival at Yonge-Dundas - multiple days even (Tues/Weds/Thurs of race week). Vendors, pit stop challenge, show cars, etc. The last full one was I think in 2010 (pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ricard...7624489194872/).

Haven't seen anything similar since. The pit stop challenge did move down into the financial/theatre district in an evening timeslot, in 2011 I think. But that was it for off-track things for the most part, just the odd event here and there. So little promotion.
Old 9 Jul 2015, 13:25 (Ref:3556989)   #61
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Something that's gotten lost in the convo here:
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/0...ar-during-pit/
Please excuse the source; first hit on Google News search.

Any word on the crewman's condition? It looked pretty ugly.

This is the third race this year (I believe the count is correct) where we've had a injury on pit road. This seems to be more common in IndyCar this year than other forms of motorracing.
I didn't even see any replay of this incident (although I confess I nodded off partway through the race so might have missed it). There was just one small passing mention.

Also lost in the convo - career-best 13th place finish for Pippa Mann. Bravo. I don't think I heard her mentioned even once during the whole race broadcast. Boo TV commentators. Tough to convince sponsors to pony up if each driver isn't going to be mentioned at least a few times, I'd think.