Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jan 2016, 19:00 (Ref:3607394)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Donington Morgan Sports Car Club

MSCC event, double header for Morgan Challenge
Old 17 May 2016, 18:42 (Ref:3642450)   #2
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know of a link to the timetable / entries for this event please? The Donington site mentions that it's taking place this coming Sunday and the Morgan Challenge site has it listed but other than that it seems to be a well kept secret as to what's on!

I may be missing it of course so if anyone has a link to any info I would be grateful. Thanks.
Old 17 May 2016, 18:59 (Ref:3642458)   #3
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gary, here is the provisional timetable: http://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=ti...016/162091.pdf

However, an entry list seems to be asking just too much (for my limited detecting abilities).
Old 17 May 2016, 19:03 (Ref:3642460)   #4
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Mike.
Old 17 May 2016, 23:13 (Ref:3642517)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Despite being a semi-official Morgan photographer I have no additional information on entries, although one would expect most of the usual Aero Challenge entrants to be there. (see Morgan Challenge web site).
JT should have some idea of Fiscar entries.

Se you there perhaps.

Bob
Old 18 May 2016, 08:10 (Ref:3642596)   #6
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have entered the Sports V Saloon race to debut my 944 Turbo.
Old 18 May 2016, 09:24 (Ref:3642606)   #7
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I have entered the Sports V Saloon race to debut my 944 Turbo.

Andy - looks like you will have a lonely time as currently you are only one of four cars entered.

Generally, quite a disappointing entry for this meeting, biggest grid is only 18 cars for one of the Morgan races and they are having two races. FISCAR race is only 15 cars which will get fairly well spread out at Donington.

At least there will be plenty of space in the paddock!!

Hope that the weather will be better than the forecast is predicting
Old 18 May 2016, 09:33 (Ref:3642608)   #8
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just managed to struggle with my scanner to copy timetable and entry list, hopefully it works:
Attached Thumbnails
Morgan SCC timetable.jpg   Morgan SCC entry list P1.jpg   Morgan SCC entry list P2.jpg  

Morgan SCC entry list P3.jpg  
Old 18 May 2016, 09:34 (Ref:3642609)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Andy - looks like you will have a lonely time as currently you are only one of four cars entered.

Generally, quite a disappointing entry for this meeting, biggest grid is only 18 cars for one of the Morgan races and they are having two races. FISCAR race is only 15 cars which will get fairly well spread out at Donington.

At least there will be plenty of space in the paddock!!

Hope that the weather will be better than the forecast is predicting

Sadly Brian there is a lot of competition this weekend with VSCC Oulton Park, and HSCC Silverstone. Such a shame.
Old 18 May 2016, 09:48 (Ref:3642612)   #10
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That is disappointing, I was assuming that people would enter this as a second race. Any chance that some races might be combined to give better competition and an earlier finish?

And the funny thing is that 3 of those four have only entered because we live in Castle Donington or one of the near by villages and have formed our own unofficial Castle Donington Motor Club, and we thought it would be fun to race together at our local circuit.
Old 18 May 2016, 10:35 (Ref:3642618)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
That is disappointing, I was assuming that people would enter this as a second race. Any chance that some races might be combined to give better competition and an earlier finish?

And the funny thing is that 3 of those four have only entered because we live in Castle Donington or one of the near by villages and have formed our own unofficial Castle Donington Motor Club, and we thought it would be fun to race together at our local circuit.
Look on the bright side .... you can't finish lower than fourth.
Old 18 May 2016, 11:16 (Ref:3642621)   #12
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just for the record the class structure for FISCAR is incorrect and probably based on the Tom Cole race at VSCC Spring Start. However, I believe it will be correct in the programme.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 19 May 2016, 09:03 (Ref:3642806)   #13
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Quote:
I've just managed to struggle with my scanner to copy timetable and entry list, hopefully it works:
Thanks Brian. Not the most thrilling of entries as mentioned. Might go, will see.....
Old 19 May 2016, 19:20 (Ref:3642969)   #14
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
The Sports v saloon race has been amalgamated with the "Tucker Trophy and Family Morgan" race.
Old 23 May 2016, 13:38 (Ref:3643855)   #15
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Look on the bright side .... you can't finish lower than fourth.
Good of you to say "hi", Bauble. I hope you enjoyed the day. Did you get any photos of the 944T please?

It was a slightly surreal atmosphere as I have never been in a race day paddock with so few people in it, i don't think. Talk about space in the paddock, there was room for every competitor to have their very own artic with space to spare.

The Morgan Sports Car Club must have lost a packet on this meeting, sadly.

All that aside, I enjoyed it and I count is a successful debut for the 944T. Qualified 7th out of 12 in the amalgamated grid, 2 secs faster than I have been round there before and finished 2nd out of the 4 in the Sports v Saloon section of the race, despite a very greasy track in drizzle and a "moment" at the Old Hairpin which I recovered from. I also enjoyed overtaking one of the Morgans around the outside at Redgate.

It might be a keeper. Touch wood.

Last edited by andy97; 23 May 2016 at 13:44.
Old 23 May 2016, 13:41 (Ref:3643856)   #16
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Good of you to say "hi", Bauble. I hope you enjoyed the day. Did you get any photos of the 944T please?

It was a slightly surreal atmosphere as I have never been in a race day paddock with so few people in it, i don't think. Talk about space in the paddock, there was room for every competitor to have their very own artic with space to spare.

The Morgan Sports Car Club must have lost a packet on this meeting, sadly.

All that aside, I enjoyed it and I count is a successful debut for the 944T. It might be a keeper. Touch wood.
They will be along shortly Andy, plus your two friends, or was it three?
Old 23 May 2016, 14:37 (Ref:3643875)   #17
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
They will be along shortly Andy, plus your two friends, or was it three?
The TR7v8 and the Midget guys were the other members of the (unofficial) Castle Donington Motor Club (CDMC).

Pure coincidence that we all have red cars.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 06:01 (Ref:3647587)   #18
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I thought I'd just throw in a few photos. I'd got to the bottom of Craner Curves ready for our FISCAR race, so took a few of the Motoring Classic MGCC Thoroughbred Sportscar Championship, which was the race before:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9471SSJT.jpg   IMG_9507SSJT.jpg   IMG_9530SSJT.jpg  

IMG_9550MSJT.jpg   IMG_9565SSJT.jpg   IMG_9618SSJT.jpg  

"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 6 Jun 2016, 06:30 (Ref:3647589)   #19
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Nice Shots John , did you get me throughing it off at Craner the next time round - EEK.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 06:33 (Ref:3647590)   #20
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Hi, Jon. Sadly no, I'd put the camera down then - emailed you about it earlier though.
Old 10 Jun 2016, 09:42 (Ref:3648670)   #21
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
FISCAR race report here:-

http://fiscar.org/race-reports-16/
Old 10 Jun 2016, 09:46 (Ref:3648672)   #22
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Hi, Jon. Sadly no, I'd put the camera down then - emailed you about it earlier though.
At least the car ran well and no real issues (might change front springs for heavier ones) before the Spa Summer Classic where it will be in 2x 70-80 car Swing Sixties rig (no heavily modded MGV8's!). Bring it on....