Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 19 Dec 2004, 15:58 (Ref:1183225)   #26
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fwiw - you must start a race in the default f1 seasons to set up a player file to get mods to work.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 16:39 (Ref:1183239)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Es Nes
fwiw - you must start a race in the default f1 seasons to set up a player file to get mods to work.

Important one that Es, thanks for the reminder.

I've actually just uninstalled F1C and all the mods. I got in such a firk trying to get the Spa 24 Hour car set to work (and the Mosler Challenge) that I gave up and decided to get rid of the lot (not the downloads themselves, of course) and do a clean install.

The only thing I've added so far is the Nissan Micra Cup - and what a great little blast that is!!

Despite my famed (supposed) dislike of touring cars, I'm downloading ETCC Evolution now and I've finally found a download link (albeit incredibly slow) for the FIA-GTR 2002 Mod......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 19 Dec 2004 at 16:40.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 17:58 (Ref:1183294)   #28
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't seem to get the download for the ETCC Evolution mod to work, it always fails at some point...
Oh wait, got it from the developers site itself...

Nevermind!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 19 Dec 2004 at 18:01.
Old 19 Dec 2004, 22:26 (Ref:1183442)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've had that trouble ASCII. Downloaded it twice now and its failed to install - I/O error. I'm now downloading the 1.15 version plus the evolution update separately. See if that works.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 11:32 (Ref:1183813)   #30
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ETCC is one good mod too. Not a single problem with it. V8 Supercars are also enjoyable, along with the Oz tracks that come with it.

And as spanner said, RH2004 is a step forward compared to RH2003 and the seasons that came with the game. It feels like a modern F1 car should feel. Even if you don't like F1, play the 2002 season and then RH2004 and it really is amazing.

Only trouble with the Champ Car 03 mod was that it would CTD whenever you went into the pits. But the track pack released not long ago was good too.

By the way, a little plug for an on-going work I'm part of: Champ Car Challenge 2000-2004, this is Oriol's 2004 car:

If it's too big we'll make it a link.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 16:56 (Ref:1184118)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've got ETCC working now. I downloaded the 1.15 version and then the separate evolution update and its working fine.

I also now have GTR 2002, which isn't at all bad. So how much better is FIA-GTR then people?

P.S. If only all the mods had an update system like ETCC - would you like to import a track - er, yes please - and there it is, at a touch of a button!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 20 Dec 2004 at 16:57.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 19:57 (Ref:1184277)   #32
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mmmm mmmm, i just love Rydell's Volvo S60...
Old 20 Dec 2004, 20:25 (Ref:1184316)   #33
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ETCC mod is really quite a professional piece of work. It is a little tough lapping so slowly when your used to the quicker cars though. The racing is good fun though.
The problem with F1 challenge is all the great mods available it is really quite tough to focus on just one.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 20 Dec 2004, 20:33 (Ref:1184319)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy-ace
The problem with F1 challenge is all the great mods available it is really quite tough to focus on just one.

Very true. I've downloaded almost every mod I've located. Despite my dislike of little Porsches, I'm downloading the Super Cup mod right now......

I've now got the ETCC, the BTCC (94) and the ITC (96)......
Old 20 Dec 2004, 22:04 (Ref:1184412)   #35
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Has anyone tried the FIA GT97 beta yet. Wondering if it is worth the download or should I wait for the full release.
BTW Jordi that Coyne skin looks great. Looking forward to the IDT ChampCar mod.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 20 Dec 2004, 22:25 (Ref:1184441)   #36
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
BTW Jordi that Coyne skin looks great. Looking forward to the IDT ChampCar mod.
Thanks for that I wish I could say I did it but I wasn't. I'm a part of IDT as a consultant/historical reference, so that when the Mod comes out it is as realistic as it can be. Also I help providing pictures and doing some files.

But I'm off the point.
What would you say, of the non-F1 mods, is the best one in terms of navigation? I think Prototype C, ETCC and V8 Supercars are pretty good, but I haven't tried all.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 23:11 (Ref:1184496)   #37
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Personally I prefer when they don't stray to far from the original menus.
The launchers that come with some mods are quite nice, SCC for example, but ultimately it comes down to the models, physics an AI for me.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 09:31 (Ref:1184762)   #38
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Has anyone tried the FIA GT97 beta yet. Wondering if it is worth the download or should I wait for the full release.

I haven't managed to get it running yet. Its unfortunate that they've used the same folder titles as GTR 2002! To use one you need to rename the folders of the other one - doh!

Apart from that, its only got Porsche GT1s - they should have gone for the McLarens first......
Old 21 Dec 2004, 09:32 (Ref:1184765)   #39
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi
What would you say, of the non-F1 mods, is the best one in terms of navigation? I think Prototype C, ETCC and V8 Supercars are pretty good, but I haven't tried all.

ETCC has the nicest and most user-friendly interface, IMO.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 11:45 (Ref:1184895)   #40
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I haven't managed to get it running yet. Its unfortunate that they've used the same folder titles as GTR 2002! To use one you need to rename the folders of the other one - doh!

Apart from that, its only got Porsche GT1s - they should have gone for the McLarens first......
Not necessarily maybe because the 97FIA-GT Mod team knows the McLaren GTRs are already catered for in the ORSPG's McLaren Challenge Mod and hence they chose the Porsche instead for the demo.

To get it running, all you need is to open, edit and rename entries here in the FIA.ini file:

Try this:

[COMPONENTS]
SEASONDIR=FIAGTSEASON\
SOUNDDIR=AUDIO\
VEHICLESOUND=AUDIO\VEHICLE\
OPTIONSANIM=FIAGTOPTIONS\ANIM\
OPTIONSFLAGS=FIAGTOPTIONS\FLAGS\
OPTIONSSOUNDS=AUDIO\OPTIONS\
OPTIONSDIR=FIAGTOPTIONS\
REPLAYDIR=FIAGTREPLAYS\
MOVIEDIR=MOVIES\
TRACKSDIR=CIRCUITS\
VEHICLESDIR=VEHICLES\
DRIVERSDIR=DRIVERS\97GT\
LOGDIR=FIAGTLOG\
SAVEDIR=FIAGTSAVE\
MUSICDIR=AUDIO\MUSIC\
Old 21 Dec 2004, 14:33 (Ref:1185032)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've done all those Pete. The point is that FIA GTR 2002 uses the same folder names.

And you can't have enough McLaren F1s........
Old 22 Dec 2004, 10:46 (Ref:1185756)   #42
ASCII Man
Veteran

Ok, and i can't get the ETCC mod to work again for some unknown reason...
Got rid of the Longbeach track that i installed before the mod started acting up but no change so far...

If i had long enough hair i would be pulling it out just about now!
Old 22 Dec 2004, 13:30 (Ref:1185900)   #43
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always had problems playing ETCC with one of the privateer alfas, it would CTD every time. Have you tried with a different car?
Old 22 Dec 2004, 13:56 (Ref:1185930)   #44
ASCII Man
Veteran

No, it wouldn't load up, just get the little screen before it usually starts up but then nothing.
Works now though, just ran the 3dconfig thingy and it worked like a charm again.

RSC is still down...
Old 23 Dec 2004, 08:44 (Ref:1186529)   #45
Simon Mason
Rookie

Ireland
Northampton
Simon Mason should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I notice no one has mention http://www.f1rst2.com/. This is online racing with the EA Games F1 patches your all downloading. There are leagues for all the classes you've mentioned from time to time. The mini league is currently big with a round on Nordschlieffe comming up.

Its great being at home and racing a DTM Merc round Mid Ohio against 3 mates who also in thier own homes.
Old 25 Dec 2004, 17:44 (Ref:1187870)   #46
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can someone post up some screenshots of all the cars in the 93/94 BTCC mod? I can't find a copy of F1C anywhere, and I need something to keep me going looking for it...
Old 29 Dec 2004, 03:59 (Ref:1189186)   #47
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
Spirit of 76 mod has been released.
http://www.f1simlinks.net/mods/f1c_mods/so1976.htm

I am absolutely loving this. Great car shapes and great physics.
Well worth the download IMO.
Not easy to drive, but very satisfying.
Old 29 Dec 2004, 08:47 (Ref:1189244)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I like the look of that - but note it is still only a demo.....
Old 29 Dec 2004, 11:33 (Ref:1189306)   #49
ASCII Man
Veteran

Anyone know where i can get the 1995 mod?
I can't find it at the CTDP website...
Old 29 Dec 2004, 12:21 (Ref:1189328)   #50
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i can't seem to get SO76 to run
it cannot find the right run file
just what is it supposed to point to anyway?f1C.exe
or the So installer or launcher? i get the launcher menu to open up but after i set to run the game zilcho happens- i get error 53, can't find file