Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
Attachment 17640

That is how it should become.
looks like a possible overtaking opurtunity with the straight before it? doesnt look too disastrous imo.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 14:46 (Ref:1796879)   #27
davemk7
Racer

davemk7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thank you, if it turns out like that they it will be an improvement i think. I liked the old bus stop too, it was a shame they changed it, the 04 version just created 2 first gear corners and that wasn't good but that one looks really good, a little bit tight but considering what they could have done. should make the 24 hour interesting.
Old 21 Dec 2006, 15:37 (Ref:1796910)   #28
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i dunno, i've sat and watched some absolutely hilarious attempts by 25 formula bmws to try and get around the current (er, ex) bus stop and around half of them get it terribly wrong. plus i've seen some reasonable moves halfway round it, or after it, or before it. i don't really think it should have been adjusted in the first place (although that's said with not much conviction - i don't remember it before it was changed).

aren't they shifting the hairpin a bit further up too? or was that incorrect information on the plans.

thinking about it, i remember the british f3 formed up on the slopey grid in 2004, but they must have used the f1 start for the actual one.

i just think having all the starts in a predictable manner isn't very adventerous. we already let the blighters get away with too much, why not create a challenge for the engineers and the drivers?

you're right. that's a stupid idea
Old 21 Dec 2006, 19:51 (Ref:1797046)   #29
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fit F.1 cars with handbrakes! .I thought that La Source was being opened up on the outside exit,where the painted kerbing is. They are also making a bit of runoff on the outside of Rivage 1,or have they done the Belgian thing and changed their minds about that as well??
Old 21 Dec 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1797105)   #30
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As of tomorrow I'm at home for a week and a bit, when I feel like it I'll go and have a nice walk in the cold, wet, horrible marshes of Spa.
Sort of a live update.
Old 22 Dec 2006, 23:18 (Ref:1798006)   #31
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Take a Digi Cam ,you could really give a live update then Eddy
Old 29 Dec 2006, 10:22 (Ref:1801040)   #32
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Picked the best day yesterday to go there. Merky, grey, dark, some rain and frost. Hey ho!
Black ice formed within minutes after arriving there, so I saw many cars spinning and visiting ditches. Me, I stayed on the road and on my feet as well, unbelievebly slippy it was. Quite often it looked as if I was going to hit the deck, but the old guy stayed on his feet, phew! Fred Astaire would have been jalous with some of the moves I made.

There is no work done yet on the extra run off at Stavelot, all the rest is just like a quarry.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LaSource.jpeg.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	17645
It took me half an hour or so in the slippy conditions to walk to the spot where I took the picture of La Source. Lots of run off.

At the Busstop it just looks like this:

Name:	Busstop.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	17646
The new one should turn right where now the gravel bit is.

Name:	Busstop out.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	17647
The old entry to the pit.

After I took this picture I realised I was slowly getting covered in ice, so that was enough for the day.
Enough of and more of
Old 29 Dec 2006, 11:20 (Ref:1801081)   #33
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
thanks, eddy, that's a lot closer than i managed to get (they were holding a quad bike event when i visited).

i don't like the idea of the run off at la source. to me that's making it too easy!

so at the bus stop have they built up any further, or are they just recycling the existing space?
Old 29 Dec 2006, 11:50 (Ref:1801097)   #34
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
No, it looked like everything is the same as it was, no extra landfill (yet). Too dangerous yesterday to get off the slippery slope, sheer ice everywhere.
Old 30 Dec 2006, 08:13 (Ref:1801653)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Yes,thanks Eddy,have you thawed out yet,?it sounds as though it was a bit cold there,
Old 30 Dec 2006, 10:17 (Ref:1801684)   #36
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Not really cold Terry, just that all of the sudden an icepeg dangling from my nose made something clear.
Time for an old man to go home.
Old 30 Dec 2006, 16:16 (Ref:1801817)   #37
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Hopefully it will be warmer next October!
Old 30 Dec 2006, 17:37 (Ref:1801855)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And greener! I hate mud even though I work in it at times.

Bella, The changes haven't moved the track for those of us that can drive. its just made it safer for those who think they can drive.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 08:57 (Ref:1802087)   #39
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
And greener! I hate mud even though I work in it at times.

Bella, The changes haven't moved the track for those of us that can drive. its just made it safer for those who think they can drive.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 16:34 (Ref:1802299)   #40
davemk7
Racer

thank you for the info, it all looks a bit sad really. la source looks wrong, very wrong.
Old 1 Jan 2007, 11:55 (Ref:1802763)   #41
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
The Source will probably become a big asphalted parking space, with some coloured run off area like Blanchimont (and almost everywhere now at Spa).
They'll put another Judge Of Fact there, 4 wheels over and you have had it: your time's gone.

Always the easy way at Spa you know. And the place is becoming more and more sad every time they change something.
Now where have I heard that one before?
Old 1 Jan 2007, 14:21 (Ref:1802850)   #42
davemk7
Racer

f1 do make improvement, they do ruin the look of race tracks.
Old 2 Jan 2007, 09:02 (Ref:1803218)   #43
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I think that has always been Bernies main aim!!
Old 2 Jan 2007, 10:34 (Ref:1803281)   #44
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
what makes me laugh is the fact they have to paint things green where theres gaps in grass etc to make it look nice on TV, its nearly as bad as the septics dying water blue on golf courses, and watering the grass with green juice to make it look lush !
Old 2 Jan 2007, 13:00 (Ref:1803438)   #45
davemk7
Racer

bernie might as well tarmac a 3 mile square of tarmac somewhere fairly hot and then just lay out the track for f1 the weekend before the next race, then they don't need to worry about transporting the car either.

A few concrete barriers and some white paint is about all you'd need and then the trip to monaco, which they've also ruined.

very sorry to get off topic but i needed to say that somewhere.
Old 2 Jan 2007, 16:38 (Ref:1803733)   #46
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
what's most ironic is i bet f1 get a nice shiny new pit building, and the spectators don't even get any new toilets. the one reason why i won't go to spa for the f1 isn't to do with the weather, but the fact the only decent toilet blocks are in the paddock area, which is obviously out of bounds. and ladies aren't like boys, we can't just find the nearest tree!
Old 2 Jan 2007, 16:54 (Ref:1803777)   #47
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Toilet blocks? Spa?
And that in one sentence?

Will never work Bella. That's a problem that has been there for as long as I remember (and believe me, that is long). I guess the people at Spa are still in the old circuit mode, ie if you needed a toilet, there were enough (temporary) pubs and houses to go to.

The owners don't even care about their marshals or drivers and teams (non F1), so why should they care about a spectator?

Dave, I can't understand why people bother about that f1 thingy anyhow, nothing more boring than that.
Old 2 Jan 2007, 17:27 (Ref:1803798)   #48
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
if the circuit is like that then it shouldn't be allowed a race in the same way it can't have a race if the pits aren't up to scratch.

silverstone used to have the same blatent disregard for spectators, and it took a good kicking for them to wake up to the fact that people need certain things.

unfortunately we're still waiting on the decent food though
Old 2 Jan 2007, 17:44 (Ref:1803814)   #49
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Never say never. They have actually built some sparkly new toilets at Le Mans this past year. An absolutely amazing change that, no one would have believed it possible if it had been suggested previously
Old 2 Jan 2007, 18:05 (Ref:1803831)   #50
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
silverstone used to have the same blatent disregard for spectators, and it took a good kicking for them to wake up to the fact that people need certain things.
Yes, toilets at Silverstone are the best I've seen at all the circuits I've been to so far. Proper brick toilet blocks every 100 yards or so, and fairly clean to.

In my own limited experience the worst on balance I have to say are probably Donington's, dirty little hives some of them are! Although no doubt somebody can find some even worse.