Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 11 Feb 2006, 09:31 (Ref:1520182)   #1
play mate
Rookie

play mate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team GBR take 1st pole!

Well done team GBR! A stunning lap from Robbie (1'16.927)
Lets hope they get their 1st win too!
Old 11 Feb 2006, 10:03 (Ref:1520200)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well Done Robbie Kerr lets hope he can stay there.

any chance of a link to the full grid I cant seem to find it anywhere ?
Old 11 Feb 2006, 10:05 (Ref:1520202)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
nevermind I found it

Crazy site that one
Old 11 Feb 2006, 10:07 (Ref:1520203)   #4
Rockfan
Rookie

England
Near Rockingham
Rockfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I criticised Robbie Kerr in the past, but I have to say well done Robbie on your Pole. Very good driving, just need that win from it now. Go Robbie.

I have posted this in the Indonesia Round thread, but he deserves praise this time.
Old 11 Feb 2006, 16:07 (Ref:1520397)   #5
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Paddockman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great job from Robbie Kerr!

Lets hope he can convert it into 1st win tommorow but I think it will be a lottery if its wet which is on the cards!
Old 11 Feb 2006, 19:04 (Ref:1520464)   #6
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good - lets hope the grid gets messed up and let robbie get away with an easy 1st win. All he needs is that first one, then i'm sure the results will come flooding in
Old 11 Feb 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1520473)   #7
Dr Venom
Racer

Dr Venom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm sure robbie would like to win on his driving skills than win the race just because the rest of the field tangled on the start line which left him the only car in the race. that said GB needs some luck or act of god to win a race anyway.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 09:29 (Ref:1520755)   #8
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Team GB have NO luck at all - but why didn't he get the call to come into the pits in time? i.e. he was already past the pitlane entrance?!??
Old 12 Feb 2006, 09:36 (Ref:1520766)   #9
play mate
Rookie

play mate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gutted.

Robbie deserved that win so much, i just don't understand why he seems to have so much bad luck. He had obviously sorted the gremlins on his car from the sprint race... and well, I cant explain how gutted i feel for them!
Old 12 Feb 2006, 09:52 (Ref:1520778)   #10
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab
Team GB have NO luck at all - but why didn't he get the call to come into the pits in time? i.e. he was already past the pitlane entrance?!??
No luck or bad decisions? Their strategy was terrible this race.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 09:54 (Ref:1520780)   #11
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, the strategy did seem rather weather-dependent. And we all know the last thing you can depend on is the weather...
Old 12 Feb 2006, 09:56 (Ref:1520783)   #12
Kebab
Racer

Well, either Robbie didn't hear/ignored the call or the team are crap (again - the air hose last race was a joke!)
Old 12 Feb 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1520784)   #13
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Either way, it isn't a matter of luck, then...
Old 12 Feb 2006, 10:00 (Ref:1520786)   #14
Kebab
Racer

Not hearing the call would be bad luck...

Also, that bloke on TV said he may have been already past the pitlane entrance, so in that case it would have been bad luck too ... or the team being slow
Old 12 Feb 2006, 10:07 (Ref:1520790)   #15
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The teams know when the safety car is put on standby so Team GB should have been ready to act. Missing pit calls happens in every championship all the way up to F1 so it could be a case of bad luck, but not pitting during the other safety car periods as they were holding out for rain was just sloppy as it sacrificed a solid points position.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 10:11 (Ref:1520794)   #16
Kebab
Racer

You're right, i hadn't thought of that ... I mean, even France managed to finish ahead of GB!
Old 12 Feb 2006, 10:43 (Ref:1520809)   #17
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weak men believe in luck!

Robbie has the pace and talent to win races and should have done by now but neither him or the team seem completely switched on all the time and this leads to mistakes like we have seen today, in Durban and pretty much all season!
Old 12 Feb 2006, 11:17 (Ref:1520829)   #18
Kebab
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
Weak men believe in luck!
Ouch! Bit unnecessary?!
Old 12 Feb 2006, 11:29 (Ref:1520834)   #19
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Stuart Hall used it reporting on Five Live yesterday - I liked it so thought I'd use it appropriately here!

Any feedback please send to BBC Studio's not me!
Old 12 Feb 2006, 12:37 (Ref:1520885)   #20
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

South Africa were right to chance it, starting last as they did. GBR dropped the ball big time this race, they had a chance to claw a lot of points back and blew it totally. Thought Robbie drove well today, just a shame his team let him down. I think they should take a trip to Mr Dennis's palace and take a few lessons in strategy....
Old 12 Feb 2006, 18:51 (Ref:1521143)   #21
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was screaming during the second long safety car peroid just over half way! They should have brought him in then for sure. Not Robbies fault again, the team let him down.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 19:12 (Ref:1521164)   #22
Dr Venom
Racer

TEAM GBR................. Run by old blokes that dont know twiddy squat, Robbie if you got any sense then get out now!!!! you are better than this team, dont let your career go down the pan, like this team and series is heading.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 19:27 (Ref:1521179)   #23
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Thats a bit extreme Dr Venom....this series has had problems but I'm sure any series of this magnitude would have during its opening year....the racing has been some of the best I've seen in my 22 years on this planet and long may it continue!

Surtees wasn't even there this weekend I'm led to believe? I do agree that the team seem very amateur at times but things are steadily improving....its the first weekend when we have been the outrate pace setters on lap time...we just don't seem consistent enough over race distances and then there's our pit team....
Old 12 Feb 2006, 19:39 (Ref:1521194)   #24
Dr Venom
Racer

I rest my case, Surtees wasn't even there, great leadership, he was probably at the BRDC having a gin and tonic.
Old 12 Feb 2006, 20:00 (Ref:1521214)   #25
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's totally extreme, untrue, and very bad advice Dr Venom, sorry!

You have a professional team that know how to set this car up, and have done from the very start.

You have a quick driver who just needed time to get used to this type of car, to learn to drive it the way it is set up, and to get back into the groove of racing, to find consistency. Consistency is the key.

You have pit stops which blew the others away at the start. Sure, that last wheel-gun race was very unfortunate from a professional, championship-winning team who know how to do rapid pit stops. You may not know exactly what happened this race - whatever the reason, late call, communication, misunderstanding, who knows. In the main, the GBR pit stops have been right up there.

And you have had some bad luck.

But there is an element of truth in Gaz's "luck" comment - the harder I work at things, the luckier I seem to get, is another old maxim with a lot of truth in it. I'm not sure where the bad luck stems from, there may be reasons we aren't aware of.

The GBR car is a race winner, as is its driver. It is just a matter of time before it happens, then you watch how the luck goes.

It was John Surtees' birthday this weekend

And finally, Dr Venom, Robbie was going nowhere until this series happened for him. He has been given a car that can win, and he has proved he has speed at this level - way above F3 power - and is a good racer too. Yes, it's taken time for him to acclimatise, and there's just that little bit of consistency lacking - but that will come with the relaxation that a race win will give him. He has proved - to me certainly - that he would be competitive in GP2. It would be seriously crass to bite the hand that fed you or gave you a career lifeline, and I'm sure he wouldn't do that.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?