Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 26 Jun 2010, 18:01 (Ref:2718286)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSR FR3.5 Hungaroring round 10-11

next weekend these guys are back out in Hungary and that means time for some TV from Euro Sport and race 1 next weekend is live at 12.45pm.
Old 28 Jun 2010, 17:19 (Ref:2719391)   #2
skells22
Veteran

we can not help this when we are in the UK, everytime these cars are out something get in the way, in this case it is the slow bikes + tin-tops. for race 2 it is at 5.30pm if the tin-tops behave themselves!
Old 30 Jun 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2720306)   #3
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope Guerrieri could be in again... His situation reminds me that of Kristensen in his F3000 days...
Old 30 Jun 2010, 12:01 (Ref:2720315)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
he's on the entry list, so i'd say he is
Old 30 Jun 2010, 12:58 (Ref:2720342)   #5
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guerrieri confirmed at Hungaroring :
http://www.campeonesnet.com.ar/?m=25&sec=33&id=20492
Old 30 Jun 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2720563)   #6
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Good.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 15:37 (Ref:2720806)   #7
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Match scheduled: 03-07-2010 from 12:45 until 14:00
Race #1 - Renault World Series @ Budapest, Hungary

Match scheduled: 04-07-2010 from 13:00 until 14:00
Race #2 - Renault World Series @ Budapest, Hungary

Sorry folks but when you're always on the lookout for surreptitious coverage, you need to keep the timetables straight.

As you were.
Old 3 Jul 2010, 10:35 (Ref:2721421)   #8
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ISR cars have pulled out due to chassis damage. A real shame for Guerrieri

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84958

It's funny that they say they could repair one of the cars. I guess if it wasn't Salaquarda's team Esteban would be racing this weekend.
Old 3 Jul 2010, 11:03 (Ref:2721428)   #9
Fernando_S
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Fernando_S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
ISR cars have pulled out due to chassis damage. A real shame for Guerrieri

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84958

It's funny that they say they could repair one of the cars. I guess if it wasn't Salaquarda's team Esteban would be racing this weekend.
I can't believe this guy's luck.
Old 3 Jul 2010, 12:11 (Ref:2721438)   #10
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Well Ricciardo fairly hammered the field there then. Aleshin second and the only sniffs he got all race were breifly at the start and then on a restart after a SC period.

Harltey bummed his start and spent the rest of the race trying to get past Pentus, unsuccessfully.

Good scrap lower down between the likes of Coletti, Lancaster and Mansell, none of whom ultimately finished for various reasons!

ISR's dramas have pretty much wrecked any chance Guerrieri had of continuing a title challenge.
Old 3 Jul 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2721476)   #11
p-matt
Veteran

I think it goes to show how well the low-aero configuration race works. There was plenty of overtaking through the field in a circuit where it is very difficult. I would like to see GP2 introduce it next year instead of the very artificial sprint race.

Shame for Guerrieri though. Although he has been exceptional this year so hopefully he will have done enough to pick up some sponsorship. If the Argentinian govt were paying several million dollars for Jose Maria Lopez to get into F1 why not back Guerrieri?
Old 4 Jul 2010, 07:28 (Ref:2721679)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
just worth pointing out albert costa's epic charge from 16th.

my view on the low aero races is that yes, it works brilliantly - but we've been fortunate this year in that 2 of the races for this configuration have been wet, and thus it's been almost impossible to keep the cars on the track so drama has ensued. on the other hand i really do think it has shown who is really good at driving. what has been fascinating in that respect is how the very different driving styles have handled it - someone like coletti who just seems to thrash the backside off his cars and drive his socks off usually ends up around the same place in the field as someone like panciatici who is a lot more smooth and delicate, for want of a better word.

shame for isr, but you can't help but wonder why it's not the same for everyone else. kerb hopping is something everyone does to some degree.

and really, there's no such thing as luck. if you build a house on shaky foundations it will eventually fall over.
Old 4 Jul 2010, 07:49 (Ref:2721681)   #13
Draco
Rookie

Draco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2nd qualy:

1.Pentus
2.Costa
3.Zampieri

No live race in eurosport today ?
Old 4 Jul 2010, 08:37 (Ref:2721693)   #14
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
2nd qualy:

1.Pentus
2.Costa
3.Zampieri

No live race in eurosport today ?

on es2
Old 4 Jul 2010, 08:52 (Ref:2721696)   #15
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy 21st Dan

How'd he qualify in race 2?
Old 4 Jul 2010, 08:57 (Ref:2721699)   #16
skells22
Veteran

not in my part of the world, i have some fast bikes on from Scotland as well in Spain therefore no live world series by Renault racing on British Euro Sport 2 due to those two.
Old 4 Jul 2010, 09:59 (Ref:2721710)   #17
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A Mansell in P4 in qualifying - thats a good effort...
Old 4 Jul 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2721862)   #18
p-matt
Veteran

Again, a horribly edited race from Eurosport. I think we saw the first five minutes of the race and the last five minutes. The rest of the programme was five minutes pre-race and the whole podium ceremony with lots of ad breaks in between!

Has anyone ever written or emailed to Eurosport to complain about this?
Old 4 Jul 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2721910)   #19
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Again, a horribly edited race from Eurosport. I think we saw the first five minutes of the race and the last five minutes. The rest of the programme was five minutes pre-race and the whole podium ceremony with lots of ad breaks in between!

Has anyone ever written or emailed to Eurosport to complain about this?
It wouldn't make any difference!!

So Pentus seems to have taken over Guerrieri's mantle as outsider for the title now then? Aleshin re-extened his lead of Ricciardo and Hartley spun out of a decent point finish near the end.

There's some drivers getting decent results that really shouldn't be based on their frorm prior to this series. Aleshin is making the most of an extremely average field. It's only Ricciardo's inexperience letting him down I feel.
Old 6 Jul 2010, 10:40 (Ref:2722521)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i don't think pentus has a chance really, it's aleshins title to throw away, or hand over to ricciardo.

i'd disagree with it being an average field. this low downforce race seems to be something that takes the drivers a little longer to get their heads around, and there's a good number of rookies on the grid. i think the flashes of brilliance that are showing from some of the newer drivers are genuine.

the support this weekend from the local crowd was superb, especially for the local driver tamas pal kiss. every time he overtook someone in the eurocup race the crowd cheered so loud it was a struggle to hear the cars. drivers like albert costa who took the time to sign and have pictures with every single person who was waiting to congratulate him after race 2 really help people feel a part of their careers and generate support and publicity.
Old 11 Jul 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2724904)   #21
amotorsport86
Rookie

England
amotorsport86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A bit off topic, but I hope some of you guys/girls might be able to help?

I'm looking for websites with WSbR images? I've checked LAT and Sutton and had a quick google search with little to no luck, also there are very few images on worldseriesbyrenault.com.

With so many photographers at the events I dont know why I'm struggling so much to find any on the net?

Does anyone know of any media companies that cover WSbR events, or freelance folk who have websites?

Any related replies or PM's would be appreciated

Thanks,
amotorsport86
Old 12 Jul 2010, 09:18 (Ref:2725311)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
renault-sport.fr used to be the place for them.

i've always found the same problem with the world series, especially considering their photographers are actually pretty good - they have around 200 shots available on their media website for every formula renault 3.5 race weekend alone.

we're looking to work out how to integrate a photo gallery into the ten tenths news section without b0rking up the individual news pages but for now i'll tack some images onto the end of the news article. i'll look to do this for the last 2 fr3.5 races before the end of the day
Old 20 Jul 2010, 08:41 (Ref:2729503)   #23
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hartley out,Vergne in?:

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/...d-bull-racing/
Old 20 Jul 2010, 09:21 (Ref:2729517)   #24
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
frankly, if you're a racing driver and you can't pull your finger out on track where you're supposed to then marching orders are appropriate. i wonder if complacency snuck in...

as for the sim work problem... perhaps they need a new cleaner with a clause about simulator testing in his contract
Old 22 Jul 2010, 01:22 (Ref:2730411)   #25
Ssom
Rookie

Ssom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
frankly, if you're a racing driver and you can't pull your finger out on track where you're supposed to then marching orders are appropriate. i wonder if complacency snuck in...

as for the sim work problem... perhaps they need a new cleaner with a clause about simulator testing in his contract

That's a tad harsh as it's not entirely Brendons fault that he's so far behind in this years standing. Granted last year was awful, he's been much more consistent this year and I can't recall any DNF's being his fault, though I have yet to see the crash at Magny Cours that broke his suspension.

Still, at least now he can start looking for a drive in GP2.