Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jul 2003, 20:43 (Ref:648866)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
F1 silly season is GO!

Get this for the opening shot in the 2003/04 silly season campaign - Rubens Barrichello is off to Sauber and Nick Heidfeld to Jordan. With Massa to replace Rubinho.

It's interesting really. Rubens would be No.1 at Sauber
and it would pull in revenue for the Swiss team.

It is thought Heidfeld would have to make way rather than Heinzy baby. The spotty German is contracted to mercedes and would go to the team that uses the second batch of the Tristars engines next year - probably Jordan.

All of which leaves Ralph Firman high and dry - Fisichella is thought to be staying at jordan next year.

Another possible is Wurz to Jordan or Jaguar. the Jordan move would only occur if Fisi's manager, Enrico Zanarini, buys out the Minardi team with backing from an Italian consortium and he follows him. This is mighty unlikely.

It's all interesting stuff and some of it seems feasible - what do my fellow ten-tenths members make of all this? Discuss!
Old 1 Jul 2003, 20:53 (Ref:648881)   #2
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this based on your thoughts of some sort of fact? Massa to Ferrari is likely enough but not really until 2004 as Di Montizemelo is a big one for sticking to contracts. The rest of it seems a little far fethched, particularly Wurz racing anywhere other than Mclaren when you look at the fight they put up over the Jaguar debarcal.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 20:57 (Ref:648889)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe they feel Schuey won't see out his contract and want to hone Massa to replace him eventually? It's possible you know!
Old 1 Jul 2003, 20:58 (Ref:648892)   #4
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I doubt Fisi will endure another year at Jordan. He's already stated he will leave, and even EJ is actively trying to get him a better drive. I think Ferrari will (quite rightly) turf Barichello and put Massa in that seat, leaving Fisi no choice but to take DC's position at McLaren next year, where he will become WDC.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 21:39 (Ref:648942)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Crickey, where did you get that from?

Rubens (who? ) out of Ferrari during contract (I think) is the thing that starts all that. Where has that come from?

The only thing I have heard particularly is what IM said about Fisi.

Last edited by Adam43; 1 Jul 2003 at 21:40.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 21:47 (Ref:648953)   #6
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why not massa to ferrari testing? he has lots to learn in F1- and get Badoer to the Red team
if not fisichella over massa
imho
Old 1 Jul 2003, 21:59 (Ref:648971)   #7
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Massa is ALREADY testing for Ferrari. Badoer will never see a race seat again. Allegedly, Ferrari want Massa in the Sauber but Peter Sauber isn't keen on the idea. He might be convinced by a better deal on the Ferrari engines, though if rumours are to be believed, is still in talks with Merc.

Fisi may want out of Jordan, but the options are slim: McLaren, only if DC continues his fall from grace-but Wurz is probably ahead of Fisi for the seat alongside Kimi and Heidfeld just behind.

Another scenario sees Nick and Alex at Jordan as a full fledged Mercedes junior team. (a tasty rumour, with GF at McCaroon)

The only serious seat up for grabs is the second at Jag-my money's on Wilson for that slot.

If Rubens is given the boot, (a slim chance before his contract is up), Massa gets the Ferrari #2.

Drivers in danger of not finding drives: Jacques, Fisi, Trulli, though Jarno could save his seat at Renault with a little luck. Despite a bad record, he and St. Fernando work well together.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 22:09 (Ref:648987)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
he [Trulli] and St. Fernando work well together.
Apparently if one is having a bad session the other in genuinely upset for them and tries to help loads!

Also I fear for Fisi too.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 23:24 (Ref:649059)   #9
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wurz deserves something, I'm sure he'd do well vs Heidfeld.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 23:55 (Ref:649082)   #10
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure he wouldn't
Old 2 Jul 2003, 02:52 (Ref:649158)   #11
Stuart Malaske
Rookie

Stuart Malaske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with EERO. The only seat that will most likely be up for grabs is the second Jag. And Jag needs someone with race experience. That was a really odd choice on Jag's part to go with pizza and webber. An inexperienced team with inexperienced drivers. Not sure what went wrong with pizonia. Williams had nothing but good things to say about him. He's just overcooking the Jag's car I guess. Maybe he hasnt realized yet that he's not in the Williams car.
I have concerns about JV. But it's still too early to speculate.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 04:11 (Ref:649181)   #12
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oz "Motorsport News" has an article by Joe Saward reporting the RB to Sauber, Heidfeld or Wurz to Jordan-Mercedes rumour.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 06:55 (Ref:649216)   #13
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The #2 seats at Jordan and Jaguar are probably up for grabs. The #2 seat at McLaren _may_ open up if DC doesn't improve his form. Both seats at Minardi will be open to the highest bidders, as always. The #1 seat at BAR may be open as well. Ralf's recent string of success has probably saved his job at Williams for another year. But Sir Frank shouldn't have to kick his butt in the press to get the best effort out of his driver.

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 2 Jul 2003 at 06:56.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 06:59 (Ref:649220)   #14
GTV27
Veteran

GTV27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hot rumour straight from my imagination: JV to Jag on a pay per view basis
Old 2 Jul 2003, 08:11 (Ref:649283)   #15
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
if the Jag seat becomes vacant I think the likes of DC & JV might not be so sure about going there as Mark Webber has most definitely secured golden boy de facto number 1 status there..again wishing no ill on Pizzonia I feel a Webber /Wilson line up would be perfect. I wouldn't, however, be at all suprised to see an American face enter the equation...though I can't think of any driver that currently fits the bill. It all depends on which market Jag/Ford are targetting next season I suppose
Old 2 Jul 2003, 08:15 (Ref:649288)   #16
Webslinger
Racer

Webslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All good speculation, although JV to Jaguar I feel would be the longest shot on offer. He will not stay at BAR, because do not forget that Sato is still in the wings and Honda really do want him back in the race frame.

Coulthard has been given a "rocket" this week for being to analytical, as opposed to just getting on with the job he is paid for. I reckon his McLaren seat will be up for grabs next year, although as to where the Scot will go..?

Fisichella deserves something better, but has he now been around too long for a 'top team' to take him on?

And Lee Janotta is right about Minardi - money will always speak unfortunately, so expect pay drivers to come along, and not necessarily with the scale to recoup a worthwhile return. At least whoever pays will always be able to claim they were once a Formula 1 driver...
Old 2 Jul 2003, 08:19 (Ref:649291)   #17
MrSal
Racer

MrSal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Massa drives for Ferrari I will run round the Silverstone grand prix circuit naked.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 08:21 (Ref:649294)   #18
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, you can already start running then cause he already drives for Ferrari.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 08:27 (Ref:649299)   #19
Webslinger
Racer

Webslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think MrSal means in a Grand Prix - or at least I hope that he does!
Old 2 Jul 2003, 08:39 (Ref:649312)   #20
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MrSal
If Massa drives for Ferrari I will run round the Silverstone grand prix circuit naked.
must it be next year .. ..

Ciao Marco
Old 2 Jul 2003, 09:20 (Ref:649336)   #21
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A story in the Australian edition of Motorsport News stated that Jaguar are planning to build the team around Mark Webber making him the definate number one so anyone that signs for the team will have too be happy being number two.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 10:23 (Ref:649382)   #22
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Jordan do get Mercedes engines, the idea of Heidfeld and / or Wurz joining them is feasible. However, I think it would be Heidfeld, because Wurz is so highly valued for his testing work.

This could easily be DC's last eyar at McLaren - I think he's had his day adn is no longer the right man for the team. Kimi can contribute towards development now, and
Wurz is a cricual continuity aspect.

Rubens will come under pressure even though he's got a contract, especially if he'd be happy to race for Sauber enxt year, and Massa is impressing in testing. Again, I think he represents a waste of a top seat.

Firman and Pizzonia will certainly be doing well to get another drive, even though Ralph's improved recently. Someone experienced, like Wurz or Heidfeld but maybe Fisichella, would be ideal for the second Jaguar to give Webber more of a test.

JV? I think he'll be out on his ear, and i no longer think his heart's in it.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 10:35 (Ref:649397)   #23
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone actually believe that McLaren will dump Coulthard?! I would be very surprised if they actually do. I think he must have an embarrassing photo of Ron and a sheep or something.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 10:39 (Ref:649402)   #24
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You might have a point there with that sheep thing.
I can't see any other explanation for keeping him...
Old 2 Jul 2003, 10:40 (Ref:649406)   #25
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think Firman will stay on at Jordan. After all, his form is improving, and what's the point in taking on a rookie, teaching him the trade, enduring the inevitable mistakes, only to drop him before you see the benefits? (Oh, EJ did that with Sato - erm...)

As for DC, I still think he might leave McLaren at the end of the year, and if he does I think Heidfeld will - justly - get the ride. Rubens is safe at the Scuderia till the end of 2004.