Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 1 Apr 2004, 12:11 (Ref:926249)   #1
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thruxton Parking Regs

Just got the info through for the BTCC round at Thruxton, and was slightly puzzled by a bit of paper listing where you should park if you are on certain posts on the track. Now it says it is due to insurance changes, but as far as I can see everything on there is the same as what everyone has worked to the last couple of years. This could just to clarify things for people who've never been to the track before (and there is possibly the longest list of trainees I've ever seen listed for Sunday), but I wonder if it's related to the single seater that attempted to launch itself over the banking opposite post 12 last year. Anyone got any ideas?
Old 1 Apr 2004, 15:37 (Ref:926467)   #2
NotLordPercy
Racer

NotLordPercy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I see that posts 4, 5 & 6 cannot 'officially' take their cars out on the track & park behind post 7. Parking now in the public areas near the cafe , I presume.

That car at post 11/12 did go a long way off...farther than you would think possible....perhaps little BMW racers could go further!!
Old 1 Apr 2004, 17:03 (Ref:926559)   #3
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Post 6 is quite a trek - thats a bit annoying!
Old 5 Apr 2004, 11:19 (Ref:930840)   #4
digger
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hampshire U.K
digger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Shalders
And I see that posts 4, 5 & 6 cannot 'officially' take their cars out on the track & park behind post 7. Parking now in the public areas near the cafe , I presume.
Post 4/5 if you talk nicely to the security guard on the gate further up from the paddock entrance you can park on the bank, this area is for Disabled parking so please show consideration.
As for post 6, if you have a track pass then turn off circuit at post 8 and park on the hard standing between posts 6 & 7 and walk to post 6
Hope this helps you.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 11:47 (Ref:930876)   #5
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

As one of the flag marshals who was on Post 12 that day I assure you he did go a long, long way!

When all the s t had been cleared away I was very concerned to get back to the point and find myself looking at my car, which was packed with all the others well behind the bank. He had reached the top of the bank and it was only the last couple of "bushes" that stopped him rolling down the other side onto the cars.