Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 29 May 2006, 04:43 (Ref:1621665)   #1
DaveKennedy
Rookie

United States
Danbury CT
DaveKennedy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slot cars?

Hey guys, anyone out there interested in slot cars? I build/race 1/32 cars mostly Porsche's. Seems like tons of members here someone out there's gotta be into this too.

DaveK
Old 29 May 2006, 13:42 (Ref:1622015)   #2
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Myself and my father were into Slot cars for quite some time.. Sadly we don't really get the time for it anymore We had a 25 foot track in our attic though! Used to love it.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 16:40 (Ref:1631227)   #3
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my friend and i used to play a lot.were thinking of making a track at some point by routing the layout into wood or somthing and using copper tape as the contact strip. i've heard of people doing this but never actually seen it.any advice?

ps.i don't think picture signature thingys are allowed on tenths
Old 26 Jun 2006, 19:35 (Ref:1641945)   #4
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats not his sig, thats just an image.
Old 4 Jul 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1648356)   #5
Nick49
Racer

England
Hampshire, UK
Nick49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello DaveKennedy,

Just found this thread. Yep, I'm into slot cars and race regularly at the Bolwextric club in Hampshire UK. I also post on the www.slotforum.com where you will find a very friendly bunch of people, thats if your're not already a member.

In my expanding collection, I have a couple of Slot.It Porsche 956's, one of which is getting a relivery from the Canon version to the 1983 Skoal Bandit version using "pattosplace" decals from Australia. I have recently finished painting up an Artin Stocker using 3Amigos decals to produce the Menards team car.

This Thursday I will be racing a Proslot Porsche 911 GT2, a Fly Porsche 908/3, a Revell Greenwood Corvette and finally a Ninco Vintage Cunningham Corvette in the current four classes at the club. All very different but enjoyable. I could go on but but probably best if I leave there right now.

Nick
Old 24 Sep 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1717534)   #6
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.O.F.
my friend and i used to play a lot.were thinking of making a track at some point by routing the layout into wood or somthing and using copper tape as the contact strip. i've heard of people doing this but never actually seen it.any advice?
yeah, Ive seen Hundreds of really good routed tracks before! How can you do that?
Old 24 Sep 2006, 12:04 (Ref:1717538)   #7
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I used to be into Slot Cars, got a track that's like 10 metres long or something. I also used to design anti-gravity tracks where you could run for metres on end upside down... Need some bloody quick cars though, I even supercharged my own slot car to make it go so fast I put a hole in my wall! Mum wasn't to impressed with that effort... I got off becuase I was "only" 12.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 24 Sep 2006, 12:05 (Ref:1717541)   #8
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
http://www.slotforum.com/forums/inde...howtopic=17589
look at this Track!! BTW there ar some vids of this in the video clip thread.