dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrognome View Post
We don't.
Odd response. Nobody claimed you did, and the Autosport website covers contemporary racing, which you don't?
Old 21 Sep 2012, 08:51 (Ref:3139524)   #52
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Odd response. Nobody claimed you did, and the Autosport website covers contemporary racing, which you don't?
True, sorry about that.
Old 1 Nov 2012, 12:50 (Ref:3161046)   #53
AvdB
Rookie

AvdB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAvdB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello all,

There are some very interesting opinions about AUTOSPORT and its role in the modern world here. I'm always very keen to hear them, in fact, we've set up an online survey to do just that.

If you fancy formally telling us what you like or dislike, or want more or less of, you can find it here http://www.autosport.com/survey

Thanks in advance to anyone who participates.

Best,

Andrew van de Burgt
Editor-in-Chief, AUTOSPORT
Old 2 Nov 2012, 09:20 (Ref:3161487)   #54
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just done the Autosport survey, it's actually a much better quality survey than most similar surveys.

It is also thought provoking in that it got me think about what I want/need from my motorsport news providers. As always DSC gets mentioned in these threads, and I've actually not renewed my subscription as they have so much free content these days.

I keep having the thought that perhaps Autosport should switch to a 2-weekly publication schedule (like Private Eye magazine) as that would (mostly) fit in with F1's races-2-weeks-apart schedule and then a single issue could have both a race report and race preview. The extra time would also allow for in-depth content to be produced, making the product worth buying over the current rushed yet out of date news stories.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 12:56 (Ref:3161566)   #55
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I did it, it's very good.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3162005)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Done the survey
Old 5 Nov 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3162810)   #57
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvdB View Post
Hello all,

There are some very interesting opinions about AUTOSPORT and its role in the modern world here. I'm always very keen to hear them, in fact, we've set up an online survey to do just that.

If you fancy formally telling us what you like or dislike, or want more or less of, you can find it here http://www.autosport.com/survey

Thanks in advance to anyone who participates.

Best,

Andrew van de Burgt
Editor-in-Chief, AUTOSPORT
Andrew, I have done the survey but it asks the sorts of questions that guide you to the answers you want, in my view, ie the choice of answers are in a very narrow range of options.

There is no chance of a qualitative answer, or for us to define other options.

Hopefully this thread will fill in a bit of the detail. Personally I don't read the race or rally reports at all, ever. I want news, features and anlaysis. The recent features on the touring car technology and the Aussie V8 technology were excellent. More of the same please. I also really liked the recent Group C features etc.

I read the David Coulthard and Mark Hughes columns. I also read Marcus Pye (but how he can quote someone in a recent addition and say that "the750mc is one of the best kept secrets in motors sport" I don't know - he only ever seems to talk about 750 and HSCC; he certainly isn't the "voice of club racing" in my view).

I like to read the interviews but in depth ones, not vacuous PR speak ones.

I want a magazine thats like "Motorsport" but contempary.

I like the "Race of my life" and "From the Archive" sections but how about taking that further by investigating "whatever happened to..." ie look at whatever happened to the next "big idea" or the to various personalties.

I think that Autosport does do "National Motorsport" OK - I'd like far more but I do understand that its F1 that sells.

In short I want a magazine that adds value by being investigative and looks behind the scenes, it doesn't do that consistently enough.

I used to be a subscriber but stopped a year or so ago because the mag was consistently delivered late (Post Office problems not the publisher). The online version should be ideal for me but with printing and postal cost being so high, I am amazed that the on line subscription is not much cheaper. I don't just want access to the web site for 88p per week I want the whole digital magazine and the web site for about £1.50, supported by adverts if necessary.