Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Aug 2011, 15:54 (Ref:2940049)   #51
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm Genoa has a different driver lineup in this round, I wonder what gives?
Old 15 Aug 2011, 17:11 (Ref:2940086)   #52
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Genoa Racing will be the London Project Race Team entry that was announced earlier this month.
Old 15 Aug 2011, 17:46 (Ref:2940101)   #53
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
9 real contenders in GT PRO, 10 if you count Rob Bell and James Walker.
Old 17 Aug 2011, 09:18 (Ref:2942017)   #54
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groupc View Post
Forgive me if I'm being very thick... I see you've mentioned Audi, Peugeot & Aston Martin in this thread, but looking at the LMS website entry list for Silverstone none of them are shown in the entry of 35 cars.

What am I missing ? Or are they being inscrutable and only listing the non season long entries ?

35 cars or 50 ?
Try this link http://www.lemans-series.com/en/s52_...t=6&annee=2011

Count shows 54 cars at present!!!!
Old 21 Aug 2011, 14:14 (Ref:2943677)   #55
stylish
Rookie

England
United Kingdom
stylish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not long to wait now, tickets have arrived and campsite is booked, all set for a weekend of proper race cars.................
Old 21 Aug 2011, 21:15 (Ref:2943809)   #56
Great Dane
Rookie

Denmark
Great Dane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Breakfast at Ikea is OK... 99p for a cooked meal.

I will be making my spotters guide like I have done before and will make it avaailble to everyone... I have just finish the front page - the lmp1 section and the last information page...

More later
Old 21 Aug 2011, 22:22 (Ref:2943843)   #57
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
Breakfast at Ikea is OK... 99p for a cooked meal
Whats that then ..... chipboard sandwich ..... 99p , cheapo !!!
Old 22 Aug 2011, 11:07 (Ref:2944062)   #58
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is there any news on Ant Davidson?

Very much hoping for a miraculous recovery in time for Silverstone...........
Old 22 Aug 2011, 11:22 (Ref:2944068)   #59
Great Dane
Rookie

Denmark
Bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, beans, hash brown and tomato

Last edited by Great Dane; 22 Aug 2011 at 11:23. Reason: enough food talk
Old 22 Aug 2011, 11:31 (Ref:2944072)   #60
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
Bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, beans, hash brown and tomato
At 99p, I think you have the last laugh on this one. I suspect Ayse and I will be tucking into a bacon roll trackside for which we will probably have paid many times that amount. Then again, you can't put a price on location, can you.
Old 22 Aug 2011, 12:24 (Ref:2944099)   #61
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Is there any news on Ant Davidson?

Very much hoping for a miraculous recovery in time for Silverstone...........
I think I heard on Midweek Motorsport last Wednesday he could be out for the rest of the season....
Old 22 Aug 2011, 14:07 (Ref:2944155)   #62
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Milton Keynes Ikea, just off the A5???

Sad if the Ant Davidson news is accurate. How much was that kid paid to sabotage him?
Old 22 Aug 2011, 14:52 (Ref:2944166)   #63
Great Dane
Rookie

Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Milton Keynes Ikea, just off the A5???

Sad if the Ant Davidson news is accurate. How much was that kid paid to sabotage him?

yeah
Old 22 Aug 2011, 15:14 (Ref:2944181)   #64
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
How much was that kid paid to sabotage him?
Two weeks' rental of an Audi R8?
Old 22 Aug 2011, 20:01 (Ref:2944364)   #65
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
In Moto GP this year, some riders have broken collar bones and were back on a bike racing in a week or two.

But we have to remember this fact--the cornering abilities of these cars. Because of the downforce they make and the fact that they have four very wide tires instead of two narrow ones, the cornering abilities of these cars and the resulting loads on man and machine are hellish compared to to a bike.

If Ant is done for the season, it wouldn't surprise me if it's at least in part down to this being down to car vs bike and the relative cornering forces posing a risk of aggravating that injury.
Old 23 Aug 2011, 00:57 (Ref:2944486)   #66
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Two weeks' rental of an Audi R8?
I heard the kid was given a Corvette?
Old 23 Aug 2011, 08:51 (Ref:2944583)   #67
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
9 real contenders in GT PRO, 10 if you count Rob Bell and James Walker.
And why wouldn't you for a team that has won this year and is on home ground with development Dunlop rubber?
Old 23 Aug 2011, 15:15 (Ref:2944703)   #68
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I thought it was strange to count JMW out of ANYTHING in an LMS GT race...
They seem to have encountered some appalling luck this year.
Old 23 Aug 2011, 20:24 (Ref:2944806)   #69
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The plus was not to be that detrimental towards them. They've won at Paul Ricard but since then, as Tim mentioned, horrible luck. And it seems to have accompanied Rob in his other adventures with the F458 throughout the year.
But I've always been a fan of JMW since they're simply different so you'd hope their bad luck will end at home.

And something I was trying to look up on: James Walker's career so far? I guess this is his first year in GTs? I couldn't find much about him anywhere.
Old 23 Aug 2011, 20:25 (Ref:2944807)   #70
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All three days for me, waving flags as usual. If you see a marshal in a hat like

<<< that one

with a 10ths patch on his arm, say hello.
Old 23 Aug 2011, 22:39 (Ref:2944855)   #71
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
And something I was trying to look up on: James Walker's career so far? I guess this is his first year in GTs? I couldn't find much about him anywhere.
It´s not that hard: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_W...cing_driver%29

Correct, first year in GT´s.
Old 23 Aug 2011, 22:46 (Ref:2944859)   #72
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I heard the kid was given a Corvette?
He got a real car , thats cuz he refused the Ferrari !!!
Old 23 Aug 2011, 23:07 (Ref:2944867)   #73
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
It´s not that hard: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_W...cing_driver%29

Correct, first year in GT´s.
haha, I swore I tried to find that. Too many James Walker's, I got lost. Thanks.
Old 24 Aug 2011, 18:36 (Ref:2945257)   #74
photopigg
Rookie

United Kingdom
Dover, Kent
photopigg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silly question, do we known if they are using the old or new pits for the race
Old 24 Aug 2011, 20:55 (Ref:2945340)   #75
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
It will be the new Wing. No one uses the old pits now, apart from Clubby types.