Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Mar 2017, 12:57 (Ref:3719024)   #2651
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Norlin are the sponsors
And I don't think that is the finished design.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 12:59 (Ref:3719025)   #2652
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry44 View Post
think if i remember correctly when testing you will be able to listen live thrugh this link

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/
Perfect, now live. Cheers
Old 16 Mar 2017, 13:04 (Ref:3719027)   #2653
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
We haven't seen all the liveries yet, but Tom Ingram has a fairly early contender for the worst. Dear me. Looks like something Team Hard would reject!

Oh dear... though the MGs are very bland as well. Hopefully they'll be improved by Brands!
Old 16 Mar 2017, 13:05 (Ref:3719028)   #2654
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
And I don't think that is the finished design.
If it's not, it's very close to Norlin's established corporate colour scheme.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3719032)   #2655
VXDave
Racer

VXDave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking quick out the box for PMR... 8 tenths below last year's pole lap after only a handful of laps!
Old 16 Mar 2017, 13:18 (Ref:3719035)   #2656
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXDave View Post
Looking quick out the box for PMR... 8 tenths below last year's pole lap after only a handful of laps!
New tyres, max boost, non-regulated weights. Times are meaningless today.

Last edited by thetool; 16 Mar 2017 at 13:48.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 13:23 (Ref:3719038)   #2657
VXDave
Racer

VXDave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
New tyres, max boost, non-regulated weights. Times are meaningless today.
They've been a pretty good indicator in the past as to whether a car is a dog or something half decent!

Looking forward to seeing the times drop over the afternoon and seeing how tightly packed everyone is
Old 16 Mar 2017, 13:34 (Ref:3719041)   #2658
slummingangel
Racer

Ireland
slummingangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait for race one now, I think it's time for someone to start this years predictions thread now we have a full list of drivers.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 13:34 (Ref:3719042)   #2659
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
If it's not, it's very close to Norlin's established corporate colour scheme.
Who/what is/are Norlin please?
Old 16 Mar 2017, 13:38 (Ref:3719044)   #2660
thetool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXDave View Post
They've been a pretty good indicator in the past as to whether a car is a dog or something half decent!

Looking forward to seeing the times drop over the afternoon and seeing how tightly packed everyone is
There is no such thing in the modern BTCC. An entry labelled manufacturer WILL be competitive. The only cars that weren't on the podium last year was the Proton and Chevrolet, and that was largely down to the drivers.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 13:46 (Ref:3719046)   #2661
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
How do the diffs work in these cars?
Old 16 Mar 2017, 14:07 (Ref:3719053)   #2662
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
I'm quite puzzled by the whole Norlin thing. The cars look decent, the trucks look great, they've got two good drivers, yet I've no idea what Norlin are and who is funding them. What is a Norlin? Can you Norlin? Do I need a Norlin?
Good questions but I don't know the answers! The only Norlin references I can find are to do with the BTCC team - yet their official Facebook and Twitter pages don't say what a Norlin is!
Old 16 Mar 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3719059)   #2663
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I write as someone following the media day via SM, etc but is it me or are the BTCC media days becoming more underwhelming as so much is being announced in advance and many of the cars already launched that there is little new to say at the media day?
Is this not a by-product of the TBL system? Teams have to prove their worth early on, so very few deals are now done last minute. Also in a time where coverage is king (FB, Twitter, etc) then launching a car/driver announcements in your own time means you are in the spot light for longer.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3719061)   #2664
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
woodbine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Who/what is/are Norlin please?
According to Companys House Norlin Hotels are based at the same address as the team and have the same directors. Looking closer there are multiple hotel / hotel management companies associated with the same people.

Last edited by woodbine; 16 Mar 2017 at 14:33. Reason: Found extra info
Old 16 Mar 2017, 14:33 (Ref:3719062)   #2665
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbine View Post
According to Companys House Norlin Hotels are based at the same address as the team and have the same directors
OK, thank you. Safe to assume it's hotels then.
Looking at the space on the cars I'd say they're hoping for more sponsorship to become available. (But obviously can't have anything yet otherwise it would have been shown today at Media Day).
Old 16 Mar 2017, 14:46 (Ref:3719067)   #2666
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
OK, thank you. Safe to assume it's hotels then.
Looking at the space on the cars I'd say they're hoping for more sponsorship to become available. (But obviously can't have anything yet otherwise it would have been shown today at Media Day).
If you look at their facebook page, you can see that this is their corporate look, which has been in use since at least December 2016:

They are a real estate management firm based in Northern Ireland.

If you look for Propiteer Norlin, you'll see the BTC Norlin team represents the following:

PROPITEER NORLIN HIEX LTD
PROPITEER NORLIN EASTON LTD
PROPITEER NORLIN ANTIGUA LTD
PROPITEER NORLIN OMEGA LTD
PROPITEER NORLIN NO2 LTD
PROPITEER NORLIN NO1 LTD
NORLIN REAL ESTATE LTD
NORLIN LIMITED
NORLIN HOTELS HOLDINGS LTD
PROPITEER DEVELOPMENTS NO2 LTD
NORLIN HOTELS LTD
NORLIN HOTEL MANAGEMENT LTD
NORLIN TRADING NO1 LTD
NORLIN VENTURES LIMITED
and last but not least - BTC NORLIN RACING LIMITED
Old 16 Mar 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3719068)   #2667
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, Chilton up in the top of the table re lap times already !
Old 16 Mar 2017, 15:04 (Ref:3719070)   #2668
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Only testing, be interesting to see where abouts the Vauxhalls are come brands hatch Qualiyfying

Last edited by Adamcas87; 16 Mar 2017 at 15:14.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 15:06 (Ref:3719073)   #2669
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
As said earlier, it's hard to place too much reliance on the lap times, but....

Ingram has set a time quicker than last year's media day - so the upgraded Avensis seems to be performing.

Chilton has had consistent running, so the build looks good out of the box for the Astra.

Turkington, Shedden, Plato and M.Jackson all seem to have the better of their team-mates (no real surprise there).
Old 16 Mar 2017, 15:29 (Ref:3719083)   #2670
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Ive booked my tickets for Brands. Just Sunday this year, with Paddock Hill stand seat.
Nice, have a great day!
Old 16 Mar 2017, 15:40 (Ref:3719086)   #2671
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So last seat filled by rising star Price, which is good. Completes a very impressive grid, looks like we're going to have a good season. Always love it when we get to media day and see the new liveries. The new Vauxhalls look like tigers. And their doing well on consistent runs, which means it's looking like it will be better for Chilton than when he was with Arena Ford in their first season
Old 16 Mar 2017, 16:23 (Ref:3719103)   #2672
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So who is the sponsor who has spread themselves among the grid the most? Duo, RCIB or Warren Scott?
Old 16 Mar 2017, 16:32 (Ref:3719107)   #2673
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems DUO took over RCIBs crown.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 17:06 (Ref:3719113)   #2674
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ingram fastest in testing then, with Austin 2nd so the Avensi going well.

I know there's debates about how representative this session is but I am very pleasantly suprised to see Smiley in 3rd - expected him to be a backmarker but glad to be proved wrong so far!
Old 16 Mar 2017, 17:10 (Ref:3719114)   #2675
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Swindon engine strong showing, all the top10 covered