Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Nov 2008, 19:42 (Ref:2326174)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
LEWIS HAMILTON - Formula One Wold Champion 2008

Congratulations to the youngest driver in Formula One history to achieve the most wanted title in motorsport.

Please leave here your comments as a new era for Formula One has begun !

After a long domination of THAT GERMAN FELLOW, a new Senna has finally come into the scene. Even TGF himself believes that Hamilton can break his records, so the world is there for him to win it !

With the new regulations (hopefully) benefiting the driver and the logical advantage that McLaren will have holding together both the best package and the best driver in the grid, how do you think the next few years will be ?
This is a topic looking for the future, so please, no flashback form past seasons and no arguing about who and who's not.

Up to you fellas...
Old 2 Nov 2008, 19:42 (Ref:2326178)   #2
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has the FIA sanctioned it yet?
Old 2 Nov 2008, 19:44 (Ref:2326184)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, a well deserved and worthy champion.

Didn't have the best car and did have some dodgy races, but overall the guy was just class. He's had two seasons and been fighting for the title in every race.

Once he irons out the rough racers edge he has, then he will be scary.

Well done Lewis.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 19:46 (Ref:2326193)   #4
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Congratulations to Hamilton and McLaren - a fantastic, very well-deserved result.

I hope for the sake of the sport that we're not in for another era of Schumacher-style dominance, but I'm certainly looking forward to seeing how he builds on this next year, particularly with the changes that are coming in. If Massa remains a force and Raikkonen comes back onto form (and if Renault and BMW can keep up their improvement), next year could be a very exciting one indeed.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 2 Nov 2008, 19:46 (Ref:2326194)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Congratulations to a genuinely exciting and brilliant racing driver.

Maybe we should should've been saying this time last year!
Old 2 Nov 2008, 19:46 (Ref:2326198)   #6
bodgit
Racer

United Kingdom
durham
bodgit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very well deserved in my opinion
Old 2 Nov 2008, 19:47 (Ref:2326202)   #7
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, well deserved and what a heart stopper. I ended up dropping my bag of Werther's Originals all over the floor.

Years of dedication have paid off and well done to all concerned.

Only genuinely sad bit was Massa Snr realising that it was not to be. Who would want to be a family member watching that?
Old 2 Nov 2008, 19:49 (Ref:2326207)   #8
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was the better driver through the season, but he needed luck to get him over the line. Massa is the most improved guy on the grid. Will be interesting season next year with lots of drivers ready to mount a challenge for the title.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 19:50 (Ref:2326212)   #9
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congrats to Lewis. Amazing end to the season. Genuinely feel sorry for Massa and his family who may never come closer. But the right result in the end IMO.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 19:51 (Ref:2326213)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, congratulations to Hamilton, definitely a worthy champion. Good to see McLaren back where they belong.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 19:55 (Ref:2326218)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A good champion. A very quick driver and still getting better.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 19:56 (Ref:2326221)   #12
dtb
Rookie

England
UK
dtb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well done Lewis & McLaren - had me pacing the lounge the whole race!
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:00 (Ref:2326230)   #13
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Congratulations

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton & McLaren on securing the WDC.

Congratulations to Ferrari on securing the WCC.

This is the first of many for Lewis I think. Must admit i was laughing at the Ferrari mechanics celebrations thinking Massa had won
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:01 (Ref:2326234)   #14
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Already a thread on this.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:02 (Ref:2326236)   #15
ford prefect
Racer

United Kingdom
Wellingborough
ford prefect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Generally a dull race, but the best result ever!!!

A worthy race winner and a worthy champion.

Huge thanks to all concerned for a great season.

well done lewis, Well done Fillippe
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:02 (Ref:2326238)   #16
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well deserved. Although I'm a Ferrari fan I think it is good for the sport to see a McLaren driver to win the first world championship since 1999.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:03 (Ref:2326240)   #17
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SennaTheGreat
Must admit i was laughing at the Ferrari mechanics celebrations thinking Massa had won
So was I.

To watch them bounce up and down hugging each other, and then to see the realisation dawn on their face's...priceless!
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:04 (Ref:2326244)   #18
doug911
Racer

United Kingdom
York
doug911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Hamilton and McLaren - superb, the best driver won for sure. Very nice to see Ron getting his driver up there after all the **** he's had to take in the last few years.

Lets just hope we don't get too much of TGF type domination from Lewis in years to come. I doubt it as there are many talented guys out there to keep him honest!

Well done again Lewis.

Last edited by Ralf's Girl; 2 Nov 2008 at 20:15. Reason: Autocensor dodge...let's not get carried away
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:05 (Ref:2326245)   #19
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YES! Finally! For the first time since 1999, drivers title to McLaren. It has been painful, I have watched for so many years, they narrowly missed out near the end of the 2000 season, they lost by a few points in 2003, same again in 2005, and 2007, but this year, they are on the right side of the score board, just gutted they lost the constructors.

Well done Lewis, bring on '09.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:11 (Ref:2326256)   #20
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Well done Lewis!!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:15 (Ref:2326258)   #21
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very well done to all the McLaren Team, just wish LH's father would let him grow up on his own now. The clamour a bit OTT
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:16 (Ref:2326263)   #22
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations Lewis! Next time don't put us through so much stress in the last laps
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:26 (Ref:2326277)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic outcome for Lewis, and surely the most dramatic title finale ever. Lewis must've felt like the entire world had conspired against him in the last few weeks, but ultimately he's overcome immense pressure and narrowly got the job done under difficult circumstances. He hasn't been faultless this year, but he's been the fastest driver and probably the most deserving champio. There's still room for improvement, and that's frightening for the rest of the field.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:39 (Ref:2326289)   #24
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Lewis! He is simply brilliant, and he can only get better, it's hard to believe he hasn't even competed in 40 races yet! Stunning.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 20:39 (Ref:2326290)   #25
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done Lewis, a fantastic achievement.
What next, NASCAR!!!???