Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 29 Jan 2013, 22:47 (Ref:3195974)   #1
westwood
Rookie

westwood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Elden FF1600 MK6

I have recently bought an Elden Mk6 1969 Formula Ford. The car was one of the original 4 off built as the first Formula Fords by Elden. 1 for the UK, 3 for the USA. This is one of the USA cars, and has been in the UK for a few years. I am looking for any information on these early cars, as they only made a few, it is not readily available.

The car should be fully restored by the end of march 2013 and will be on our stand at Techno Classica Essen. We are completing a complete rebuild of the car, which we believe was fairly original when we bought it. Everything seems to be original on the car, except the dials and seat.

All help much appreciated.

Regards, Duncan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29544912@N02/8428475034/
Old 29 Jan 2013, 23:36 (Ref:3195995)   #2
jhh911
Rookie

United Kingdom
cawood uk
jhh911 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was the car I imported a few years ago from the States and sold to Andrew Henson.At the time I talked to Peter Hampshier re the car and he knows the history.It was very original when I bought it with even the early crossflow engine.I will have a look to see if I have anything in my files that may be of help.I hope it makes it back on to the track.Good luck.John Hayes-Harlow
Old 30 Jan 2013, 09:17 (Ref:3196082)   #3
westwood
Rookie

westwood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhh911 View Post
This was the car I imported a few years ago from the States and sold to Andrew Henson.At the time I talked to Peter Hampshier re the car and he knows the history.It was very original when I bought it with even the early crossflow engine.I will have a look to see if I have anything in my files that may be of help.I hope it makes it back on to the track.Good luck.John Hayes-Harlow
John

Many thanks for the message. I do quite a bit of hillclimbing with Andrew. He sold the car to a Frenchman, who within a week decided he wanted a later type FF1600, so i bought it from him! I have spoken to Peter Hampshier who has been very helpful. If you have any info on who owned the car in the states, it would be very useful to help build up the cars history. As far as we know this is the only remaining MK6, so quite a rare car.
Old 22 Jul 2013, 11:11 (Ref:3280449)   #4
ChrisSwift
Rookie

ChrisSwift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

I nearly bought this car from Andrew but in the end i didn't obviously! But whilst I was interested, I did a lot of research into the car and managed to track down the original owner in the USA and the guy that drove it etc etc, so have some info about its early history, PM me if you are still interested in the information and i'll see what I can dig out. I was also in contact with Peter H about the car. I now have a Jamun T2 and will be racing in HFF.

Cheers

Chris
Old 31 Jul 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3284297)   #5
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good looking car Duncan. In the HFF we have some Elden running (as do no doubt do the Classic FF's) if you come along to a meeting I'm sure they can advise. If you are north then we are at Croft this w/end, if not we will no doubt be down your way sometime soon!