Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 20 Sep 2014, 03:01 (Ref:3455379)   #776
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115942

Quote:
Nissan's all-new 2015 World Endurance Championship LMP1 contender is scheduled to run for the first time in the first week of November.

This means that the first run of the GT-R LM NISMO is more or less on schedule after an October test debut was announced when the programme was launched in May.

Nissan global motorsport boss Darren Cox said: "We're pretty much on schedule, although there is always a certain amount of slippage."

Cox revealed that the first monocoque is already complete and that the second was "just out of the mould".

The test of the first Nissan LMP1 hybrid will take place at an undisclosed location in the US.
Old 27 Sep 2014, 13:54 (Ref:3458111)   #777
PointDSM
Racer

United States
Wisconsin
PointDSM is a back marker
Got saw that KellyMoss/Level 5 is losing some staff to the Nissan program. Good result for those crew guys!
Old 27 Sep 2014, 15:36 (Ref:3458122)   #778
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
There is a three day test scheduled at the very last days of October. Call it the first week of November I suppose.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 29 Sep 2014, 23:04 (Ref:3458735)   #779
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
There is a three day test scheduled at the very last days of October. Call it the first week of November I suppose.
According to my calendar, that's right now! Wonder how long it will take for photos and video?
Old 30 Sep 2014, 02:35 (Ref:3458752)   #780
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
It seems like Pagenaud running in Nissan is only a faint chance at Le Mans, if his schedule and team allow him.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 10:33 (Ref:3458838)   #781
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not being able to do the Test Day due to Detroit alone kinda puts him out of the candidates. Not that he'd need any minimum laps for ACO as his last visit was relatively recently, but still
Old 30 Sep 2014, 20:22 (Ref:3458985)   #782
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
According to my calendar, that's right now! Wonder how long it will take for photos and video?
That's an interesting calendar... (October?)
Old 30 Sep 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3458993)   #783
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
That's an interesting calendar... (October?)
Yeah, I just gained a whole lost month! I thought I was way behind and discovered that I am way ahead.

I'm working way too much.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 21:14 (Ref:3459006)   #784
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Rumors are its a Sebring launch of the Nismo GTR LM.
Old 1 Oct 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3459230)   #785
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Rumors are its a Sebring launch of the Nismo GTR LM.
Old rumor:

"is scheduled to be launched on Dec. 8 at a to-be-announced location in Florida, with its first laps in public likely to follow the next day"

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/n...ch-in-florida/
Old 2 Oct 2014, 03:50 (Ref:3459373)   #786
TF110
Veteran

United States
Florida is a known. But the state has more than Sebring raceway for Nissan to launch.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 05:37 (Ref:3459388)   #787
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We all knew in our hearts it would be Sebring the minute that article was released.

Though, it would be amusing if they showed up at NASCAR backyard and made some PR laps at Daytona Speedway
Old 2 Oct 2014, 06:21 (Ref:3459398)   #788
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Though, it would be amusing if they showed up at NASCAR backyard and made some PR laps at Daytona Speedway
What if they decided to break the speed record there?
Old 2 Oct 2014, 06:24 (Ref:3459400)   #789
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
What if they decided to break the speed record there?
Whaaaaat, one can break Ford Ecoboost Daytona Prototype speed records?

Old 2 Oct 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3459445)   #790
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly, I would like NISMO to break that record! Of course, who wants a foreigner breaking the Daytona speed record set by an American marque like Ford?

I already know the answer by the way. It's just that they're over-patriotic and pathetic at the same time.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 09:33 (Ref:3459453)   #791
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well the nissan lmp1 will show japanese flag but will be much more made in USA than made in japan... (as toyota is more a german car than japanese).
Anyway to break the daytona record are required 2 key factor:

1 - whatever engine will be used, it has to be more powerfull than the unrestricted ford ecoboost V6
2 - the car has to have a lower cx of the riley ford

if both these conditions are respected, the nissan lmp1 will break the riley ford record.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 10:24 (Ref:3459467)   #792
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
well the nissan lmp1 will show japanese flag but will be much more made in USA than made in japan... (as toyota is more a german car than japanese).
Anyway to break the daytona record are required 2 key factor:

1 - whatever engine will be used, it has to be more powerfull than the unrestricted ford ecoboost V6
2 - the car has to have a lower cx of the riley ford

if both these conditions are respected, the nissan lmp1 will break the riley ford record.
BS. there's only one condition for any car to break any speed record: Go faster.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 11:32 (Ref:3459486)   #793
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
BS. there's only one condition for any car to break any speed record: Go faster.
Spot on! This weekend I am going to make some slight adjustments to my little Honda Fit and break the record myself. Maybe I just need to remove some carpet under the gas pedal so I can push it down a bit further. Turn it up to eleven if you know what I mean! More power and proper aero... Bah

Richard
Old 2 Oct 2014, 13:48 (Ref:3459526)   #794
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Spot on! This weekend I am going to make some slight adjustments to my little Honda Fit and break the record myself. Maybe I just need to remove some carpet under the gas pedal so I can push it down a bit further. Turn it up to eleven if you know what I mean! More power and proper aero... Bah

Richard
Picked up at CotA perhaps when you were chasing the bimmer?
Old 2 Oct 2014, 14:08 (Ref:3459537)   #795
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
MS-T suggests G-Drive/Russinow could join the program:

http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/...-14092404.html
Old 2 Oct 2014, 18:24 (Ref:3459601)   #796
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Honestly, I would like NISMO to break that record! Of course, who wants a foreigner breaking the Daytona speed record set by an American marque like Ford?
I already know the answer by the way. It's just that THEY're over-patriotic and pathetic at the same time.
Who are THEY??? I didn't mind when it was broken (before the Eco...read on) and I'm patriotic re: my country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Simply not so. Read on.

First, the headline of this article: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/10/f...ecord-daytona/

Poppycock!!!

And:

" In 1974 A.J. Foyt had set the world closed-speed record of 217.854 mph with his USAC Coyote on the 2.66 mile banked track at Talladega, Alabama.
Considering this Donahue realized that at last he had the chance to take advantage of the high speed that he and Porsche had engineered into the 917/30.
Remembering the speeds reached at Paul Richard, he decided that all he had to do was take the car to a high speed track and floor it.
Donahue took this on as a personal project through his own Racemark company located in Florida.
With the sponsorship of CAM 2 motor oil, he commissioned Porsche on April 28 1975 to rebuild two 5.4 liter engines with intercoolers.
Note that although intercoolers had been built and supplied by Porsche they didn’t use them in the 1973 season.
The engine was good for 1500hp.
Mark sent with an airplane his engines to Weissach and asked them to be overhauled one as a 5.4 liter and one as a 5 liter with larger turbochargers.
The agreement was that the rebuilt will not exceed 22000USD; a payment was sent on May 10th (15000USD from a Monaco bank account).
Note that the regular rebuilt price of the turbocharged engine was 180,000DM / 80,000USD so Porsche’s bill for Mark seemed reasonable.
The engines arrived at the Philadelphia airport on July 3rd.
Donahue arranged to run the Talladega track.
They trimmed the car to the lowest drag consistent with some stability and in the first test on July 23 they did a warm up lap of 218.6mph followed by a timed lap of 220.645.
In the tests both engines were used showing that Mark had been prudent to have two of them.
On August 9 in the midst of a NASCAR event Mark was given the track and put his foot down for the record. Despite some raindrops he kept it down and set a new official closed course record of 221.120.
When the car came back in the whole back was on fire but the damage was little.
That is the last racing achievement of the 917/30.
10 days later Mark Donohue died in a F1 in the same track that the 917 took its first victory..

*information / dates and names are from Excellence was Expected by Karl Ludvigsen. "

Now, you might ask, why did I include the above? Quite simply. because that led to the attempt a few years later ('78, '79. '80???) by one Peter Gregg.
T'was (i think...too many years ago to be sure) the day before the Daytona Finale (Good ol' IMSA Camel GT series). Peter trimmed out and hub capped (aero) a 935 to make his bid.
And break the record he did. He turned a coupla 222+ mph laps in the Porsche just as the EcoBoost did. Only problem was it was not fast enuff to break the record by FIAs requisite 1% to be official. Thus, HE smashed Elliotts record at Daytona before Elliott even did it, not Braun, 30 odd years later.
Also, does anyone know who sanctioned the Eco run to make it an official record? Or is it not? (Elliotts was as it was done in qualifying for the race)

jimclark
Old 2 Oct 2014, 19:35 (Ref:3459622)   #797
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
MS-T suggests G-Drive/Russinow could join the program:

http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/...-14092404.html
I have to admit that G-Drive backing for the P1 team was the first thing that crossed my mind when they made an announcement together- I think it was around 18 months ago. Darren Cox was over there in Russia so it was obviously significant.
Old 3 Oct 2014, 00:05 (Ref:3459677)   #798
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was the DP record set on the oval? Because the fastest lap time on the road course still belongs to this car:
Old 3 Oct 2014, 02:07 (Ref:3459696)   #799
MagVanisher
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
Who are THEY??? I didn't mind when it was broken (before the Eco...read on) and I'm patriotic re: my country.
It's NASCAR, plain and simple. They won't let anyone break the speed record on their sacred oval course.
Old 3 Oct 2014, 14:22 (Ref:3459822)   #800
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It's NASCAR, plain and simple. They won't let anyone break the speed record on their sacred oval course.
Again, not so. Gregg would have officially broken Donohue's record (at another NASCAR track by the way, Talladega) had he gone a mile an hour or so faster so it would have been official. The records we're talking about here are just regarding Daytona.

Bias was mentioned above under the guise of "patriotism"...what is it I hear in the tone of your post? Hmmm????

jimclark
Closed Thread