Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Mar 2011, 18:32 (Ref:2844606)   #51
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noticed now that Hankook Farnbacher are in the Pro class with an F430, & are doing well! I thought the GTE Pro class was for 2011-spec cars & beyond but I take it now they did some upgrades to the car to compete alongside the 458! Doing a good job so far!
Old 12 Mar 2011, 18:39 (Ref:2844609)   #52
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post
Noticed now that Hankook Farnbacher are in the Pro class with an F430, & are doing well! I thought the GTE Pro class was for 2011-spec cars & beyond but I take it now they did some upgrades to the car to compete alongside the 458! Doing a good job so far!
They're only doing the test with the 430 because the 458 is late, they should take delivery of the car before not too much longer, so in time for the first LMS race.
Old 12 Mar 2011, 18:54 (Ref:2844616)   #53
Vanquish
Rookie

Belgium
Ghent, Belgium
Vanquish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somebody who knows where can I see which driver set the fastest laptime? Seeing as the drivers' names aren't mentioned nextto the times on the official site.

http://www.lemans-series.com/fr/s52_...t=1&annee=2011

Thanks!
Old 12 Mar 2011, 19:44 (Ref:2844642)   #54
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was really interested to see how the new LMP2 engines did, and the Nissan seemed to do pretty well. I think this will bode well for tough competition in the LMP2 class this season between a lot of engine/chassis combinations.
Old 12 Mar 2011, 20:31 (Ref:2844659)   #55
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RML HPD ARX-01 consistently slow... or at least much slower than the leading P2s. The leading P2s have NA V8s; is it down to the engine (or possibly engine rules?)? Or because of the Dunlops (first time they're run on an ARX)? Or because they weren't pushing?
Old 12 Mar 2011, 23:57 (Ref:2844748)   #56
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911targa View Post
what surprised me most is the gap between GT Am and GT Pro,to my understanding,IMSA Matmut just have 2 Pro cars...Narac is fast and Armino is even faster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Narac and Armindo are GTE Am.
Its funny how that worked out. Narac has the speed of the top porsche drivers
Old 13 Mar 2011, 00:26 (Ref:2844761)   #57
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post
The way I understand it, nothing would stop an older spec car from competing in GTE Pro; it's just that a latest-spec car, or a team with a driver combination that's too good, is not allowed in GTE-Am. I could be wrong here though.
Old 13 Mar 2011, 06:39 (Ref:2844817)   #58
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gucom View Post
The way I understand it, nothing would stop an older spec car from competing in GTE Pro; it's just that a latest-spec car, or a team with a driver combination that's too good, is not allowed in GTE-Am. I could be wrong here though.
Correct - But Hankook Team Farnbacher will race with the 458 this year - It's just not ready yet.
Old 13 Mar 2011, 07:57 (Ref:2844829)   #59
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
RML HPD ARX-01 consistently slow... or at least much slower than the leading P2s. The leading P2s have NA V8s; is it down to the engine (or possibly engine rules?)? Or because of the Dunlops (first time they're run on an ARX)? Or because they weren't pushing?
Yes, to me this confirms the ACO got their maths wrong on the LMP2 restrictor balance between the turbo and normally aspirated engines. The ACO clearly wanted LMP2's at 450bhp, and I believe Honda have followed the letter of the law and paid the price........ but like I said in another post I have reason to believe that all 3 V8's (Judd, Nissan & IES) are around or over the 500bhp mark.......hence the slow RML is probably about 50bhp down, I really believe this is the time for the ACO to fulfill their promise of adjusting the restrictors to equalise play........the big question is do they reel in the V8's or give Honda a break???......
Old 13 Mar 2011, 17:00 (Ref:2845052)   #60
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 458 looks fantastic.

Really nice times for Quifel in their P1 debut. I think they handled themselves very well. The first race should be interesting to see how they really fair with the Rebellion, AMR and Pescarolo. Even though we only have about 5/6 cars in P1, as long as they don't fall over, we have some very well balanced cars to make for some good racing.

Narac doesn't have the speed of Jorg or Pilet. You just need to check the times run by him and Pilet last year. But he is probably the fastest gentleman driver out there.
I haven't followed Nicolas that closely, but he did seem quick in GT3, so they'll be the tag team to beat.
Old 14 Mar 2011, 10:51 (Ref:2845387)   #61
Thumper
Racer

Thumper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Yes, to me this confirms the ACO got their maths wrong on the LMP2 restrictor balance between the turbo and normally aspirated engines. The ACO clearly wanted LMP2's at 450bhp, and I believe Honda have followed the letter of the law and paid the price........ but like I said in another post I have reason to believe that all 3 V8's (Judd, Nissan & IES) are around or over the 500bhp mark.......hence the slow RML is probably about 50bhp down, I really believe this is the time for the ACO to fulfill their promise of adjusting the restrictors to equalise play........the big question is do they reel in the V8's or give Honda a break???......
Very astute observations Knighty, and pretty close to the mark too. I would favour giving Honda the break, because reeling in the others would simply bunch them all up too closely on the quicker GT cars.

The ACO's aim should be to achieve a balance between the classes such that there's only a modest overlap between slowest and quickest in each. On current trends, the bulk of quicker runners in LMP2, GT and FLM will all be battling over the same bit of track, and with the only advantage left to the P2 cars being late-braking into the corners, and faster through them, I can see a recipe for far too much contact, certainly over the opening laps.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 17:04 (Ref:2848217)   #62
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The official participants list for the test days is posted at PlanetLemans:

http://www.planetlemans.com/2011/03/...mans-test-day/

DK
Old 18 Mar 2011, 17:06 (Ref:2848218)   #63
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
The official participants list for the test days is posted at PlanetLemans:

http://www.planetlemans.com/2011/03/...mans-test-day/

DK
Uh... this is the Paul Ricard test thread, not about the Le Mans test day.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=126254&page=3 for the LM test day.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 17:09 (Ref:2848222)   #64
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Uh... this is the Paul Ricard test thread, not about the Le Mans test day.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=126254&page=3 for the LM test day.
OOOps. sorry! Mea Culpa!

DK
Old 25 Mar 2011, 10:23 (Ref:2852940)   #65
boesel
Rookie

boesel has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Here a complete article with 97 photos:
http://www.connectingrod.it/LeMansSe.../httt_eng.html