Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Aug 2016, 05:00 (Ref:3665869)   #1
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull Holden Racing Team (CONFIRMED)

HRT switches from Walkinshaw to Triple Eight.
http://www.motorsport.com/v8supercar...-eight-807468/
Old 16 Aug 2016, 05:10 (Ref:3665870)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
HRT brand moves to T8 in new Holden deal

Dont think anyone is truly surprised by the change, But when i read it i was still "wow"

Last "factory" team to lose its major sponsor won bathurst that year
Old 16 Aug 2016, 05:20 (Ref:3665871)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Story Here

- 3 year deal
- 888 to develop Next-Gen Holden Supercar racing platform
- WP loses financial support

No word on the impact to HSV..

No word on implications on 3rd 888 car for Mr Lowndes..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Aug 2016, 05:30 (Ref:3665874)   #4
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
No word on the impact to HSV..
Someone who is part of the operation told me last week that Walkinshaw had extended the HSV deal by another ten years.
Old 16 Aug 2016, 05:32 (Ref:3665875)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Someone who is part of the operation told me last week that Walkinshaw had extended the HSV deal by another ten years.
HSV Dealer Team to return?
Old 16 Aug 2016, 05:47 (Ref:3665878)   #6
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty sensible move from Holden all in all.

Does this mean the "Red Bull Holden Racing Team" will be able to claim they've won 11 of the last 15 Bathurst's now ?
Old 16 Aug 2016, 06:14 (Ref:3665883)   #7
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Makes sense. There'll still be the next 'Commodore' to hot up even if it's not V8 powered.
Old 16 Aug 2016, 06:18 (Ref:3665885)   #8
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm disappointed in this news.
Although struggling a little of late HRT have been one of the stronger teams for ages.

This just weakens the field a little more IMHO.
Old 16 Aug 2016, 08:26 (Ref:3665899)   #9
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You can really only support a badge, a driver, or a team. Not all three at once.
Old 16 Aug 2016, 23:43 (Ref:3666044)   #10
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will they be "Red Bull, Holden Racing Team" or "Red Bull Holden, Racing Team" ?
Old 17 Aug 2016, 00:07 (Ref:3666047)   #11
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No comma.
Old 17 Aug 2016, 00:32 (Ref:3666051)   #12
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I realise there won't be a comma. I only used it to highlight the different emphasis.

The question remains....
Old 17 Aug 2016, 00:34 (Ref:3666052)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The real question is how they will fit a bull and a lion on the side of the Commodore....

Mr Dane and Mr Jamieson have sold off every square inch of those cars, its not like there is loads of room for new, extra branding...

Although it might get the Holden branding onto their windscreens..
Old 17 Aug 2016, 00:42 (Ref:3666054)   #14
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Im sure i have read somewhere (just cant find it) that the current lion driver emblem remains with Walkinshaw.

will the new car even have a lion
Old 17 Aug 2016, 00:54 (Ref:3666056)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Im sure i have read somewhere (just cant find it) that the current lion driver emblem remains with Walkinshaw.

On the grille...
Old 17 Aug 2016, 02:00 (Ref:3666065)   #16
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Never been a HRT fan, but I find this a bit sad, and from a category perspective, I'm not sure it's a good news story at all.
Old 17 Aug 2016, 02:04 (Ref:3666066)   #17
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

From Speedcafe:
Quote:
Although the Red Bull Holden Racing Team name will be used by Triple Eight next year, Walkinshaw noted on Twitter that the helmet and lion HRT logo that has been a hallmark of the brand since its inception in 1989 is set to be retired.
Old 17 Aug 2016, 02:13 (Ref:3666068)   #18
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
From Speedcafe:
cheers. I had read quite a few articles, couldnt remember the source

thanks
Old 17 Aug 2016, 02:31 (Ref:3666071)   #19
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Frees up some real estate when doing next year's livery. Maybe that's not a good thing.
Old 17 Aug 2016, 03:51 (Ref:3666078)   #20
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's been quite a fall from grace. I remember reading when Mark Skaife was racing that HRT was one of the top 5 teams supported across all sports (including AFL, NRL etc) in Australia

Now not even worth providing factory support to
Old 17 Aug 2016, 06:27 (Ref:3666090)   #21
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I find this exceptionally unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Makes sense. There'll still be the next 'Commodore' to hot up even if it's not V8 powered.
Unless HSV is going to take on importing, complying and selling OPC vehicles for Holden dealers to sell I really do not see HSV's reason to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
Will they be "Red Bull, Holden Racing Team" or "Red Bull Holden, Racing Team" ?
Red Bull Holden Racing Team as HRT was the Mobil Holden Racing Team and other names over time.

Quote:
The lion/helmet device is linked with HSV, which is a brand that Walkinshaw has been able to use under a license from Holden. If Holden were to revoke the HSV license, the device would have no relevance to another team...

Old 19 Aug 2016, 02:50 (Ref:3666481)   #22
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRT has been on life support ever since Skaife took over and then fell into a coma after Walkinshaw took it back. Multiple attempts the revive the brand, with the likes of Tander and Courtney, have fall flat and remained in a comatose state for years.

Finally the plug has been pulled.....

After Skaife went and all ownership stuff, my support dropped off, and kept dropping with everything that happened in the years after.

The sad reality is that a brand and dominate force that Tom built has been killed off by his son, whom I've honestly never liked from onset.
Old 19 Aug 2016, 06:42 (Ref:3666500)   #23
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Red Bull Holden Racing Team as HRT was the Mobil Holden Racing Team and other names over time.
I don't agree with this

For instance your statement makes it sound like the stats from the time of the "Mobil Holden Racing Team" can be added to the stats that will be amassed by the "Red Bull Holden Racing Team", which is ridiculous.

If Whincup/Dumbrell wins Bathurst next year, they could hardly claim it as the teams first Bathurst win since 2011.
Old 19 Aug 2016, 06:55 (Ref:3666504)   #24
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
If Whincup/Dumbrell wins Bathurst next year, they could hardly claim it as the teams first Bathurst win since 2011.
Excluding this years result. It would be HRT's 14th Bathurst win....

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk
Old 19 Aug 2016, 07:04 (Ref:3666506)   #25
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
For instance your statement makes it sound like the stats from the time of the "Mobil Holden Racing Team" can be added to the stats that will be amassed by the "Red Bull Holden Racing Team", which is ridiculous.
Where did I say that?

Red Bull will be the sponsor of the official factory racing team of Holden: Red Bull Holden Racing Team.

As Mobil were the naming rights sponsor of the Walkinshaw owned Mobil Holden Racing Team.

Nothing carries over, just clarifying the fact that the Holden Racing Team name is a property of Holden and as such Holden has decided to transfer that to a new team.