Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 29 Jul 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3283464)   #26
olivk
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
olivk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Circuit des 3 lacs - July 2013

In my continuous thoughts about a first real racetrack for my country, Switzerland, i came up with a new layout.
The track is located north of the city of Payerne, right next to a military airport, in an effort to concentrate noisy activities rather than spreading them out.
It's a medium sized track, suited to host national and european races.
Other purposes are club and open trackdays, testing and research for companies and engineering schools, training and practicing, corporate events etc.

OK to the track itself :

- There are 2 possible configurations. The long track is 3020 m long, the short track is 1670 m.
- The direction is counter-clockwise.
- Track width is 12 m.
- No elevation changes, the field is dead flat.
- Pit straight is 310 m.
- Back (long) straight is 640 m.

Thats it
Attached Thumbnails
Circuit de payerne 07-2013.jpg  
Old 29 Jul 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3283467)   #27
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's an amazing design my friend! Very well drawn and you obviously put a lot of time into it

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 29 Jul 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3283469)   #28
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another very good one from you. A bit on the shorter side, but it has a real nice flow to it.

One note: the pitlane exit seems to be on the "wrong" side - meaning it leads onto the racing line. That's not an automatic no-go of course, but could certainly present problems of the slower cars exiting the pits meeting the faster ones already on the track.

Oh, an one more thing.. you could slow down a bit... I mean two tracks in 3 years... why the rush?

bio
Old 29 Jul 2013, 22:28 (Ref:3283491)   #29
olivk
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post
Another very good one from you. A bit on the shorter side, but it has a real nice flow to it.

One note: the pitlane exit seems to be on the "wrong" side - meaning it leads onto the racing line. That's not an automatic no-go of course, but could certainly present problems of the slower cars exiting the pits meeting the faster ones already on the track.

Oh, an one more thing.. you could slow down a bit... I mean two tracks in 3 years... why the rush?

bio
Yeah.... i've seen more prolific people on this forum than myself, i admit it BUT..... 2 in 3 years is a lil bit better than nothing....... a lil bit. I've drawn many on paper but nothing i found good enough to post, before now.

Yep the pitlane exit is not perfect but the cars in the racing line will be on their brakes there so the speed is not too damn high at this point. PLus, you can put the puit exit anywhere, you might be in the line of an overtaking car... but you're right. I'll see how i can solve this in a simple way ^^
Old 29 Jul 2013, 22:29 (Ref:3283492)   #30
olivk
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
That's an amazing design my friend! Very well drawn and you obviously put a lot of time into it
thanks Well lots of sketching 1st, once you have it on the pencil it's not a big job to get it on the pixels
Old 29 Jul 2013, 22:31 (Ref:3283493)   #31
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Your Payerne track is stunning indeed. It would be a whole lot of fun in an F3 car. Any club who operates a circuit as good as this one could call itself lucky.
Old 29 Jul 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3283511)   #32
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post

bio
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivk View Post
Yep the pitlane exit is not perfect but the cars in the racing line will be on their brakes there so the speed is not too damn high at this point. PLus, you can put the puit exit anywhere, you might be in the line of an overtaking car... but you're right. I'll see how i can solve this in a simple way ^^
With the circuit being only 3km for National level activities, it's unlikely to have that many pit-stop races, as such the pit exit would for the most part just be a way of getting onto the circuit before each race. In which case it's not an issue.

I have to say that I like the design a lot, it fits the space nicely, in a style that's reminiscent of whose circuit which Luiggispeed produces around his homeland. Speaking of Luiggispeed , I'll bet he'd love this circuit too.

I have to say that Payerne Airbase has some quality tarmac for racing on, 3 different layouts have jumped out at me already. Shame some of the Taxiways are only 10m wide.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 29 Jul 2013 at 23:23.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 01:13 (Ref:3283560)   #33
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, this track definitely has some Luiggi-ish aftertaste to it

bio
Old 30 Jul 2013, 06:22 (Ref:3283641)   #34
olivk
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
With the circuit being only 3km for National level activities, it's unlikely to have that many pit-stop races, as such the pit exit would for the most part just be a way of getting onto the circuit before each race. In which case it's not an issue.
True too, but a national endurance race would be something that would have a big success in Switzerland so Bio's remark is still valid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I have to say that Payerne Airbase has some quality tarmac for racing on, 3 different layouts have jumped out at me already. Shame some of the Taxiways are only 10m wide.
Haha yep that could make some good racing too ! But with the army using it most days of the week + planning to open it for business travel it would not be possible to organise more than a few yearly events. Also the airport tarmac quality does not stand any comparison with even a medium-quality racetrack tarmac Concrete plates with heavy joints inbetween are common.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 13:06 (Ref:3283782)   #35
TheNotSoHidden
Rookie

TheNotSoHidden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice,nice track. Only problem I seem to have issues with is turn 12. For me,it's just a bit too sharp and does not really build up overtaking opportunities down the main straight.Maybe cut it a little,make it more of a "sweep"

But that's just one turn that's wrong,the other 12/13ths of the track are nicely laid out. Good job for your second track in three years.
Old 30 Jul 2013, 18:42 (Ref:3283896)   #36
olivk
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNotSoHidden View Post
Nice,nice track. Only problem I seem to have issues with is turn 12. For me,it's just a bit too sharp and does not really build up overtaking opportunities down the main straight.Maybe cut it a little,make it more of a "sweep"
I agree... there's no need to put a tight turn that means braking when the cars arrive at a relatively low speed to it. Thanks for the remark I'll work on that!