Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 5 Dec 2007, 20:32 (Ref:2082377)   #1
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>>>>> will be doing a few UK events on my Irish licence

Ooh, ooh, ooh, got a question here, sorry, OT.

Is this due to the impending demise of NEAFP? Meaning you can do another country's domestic racing on your own domestic licence?

TIA

Max
Old 6 Dec 2007, 09:17 (Ref:2082645)   #2
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman
Is this due to the impending demise of NEAFP?
When's this happening!? I race abroad on a Nat A with NEAFP and was planning to do so in 2008...

IIRC Ireland is a different matter in that there's a reciprocal (sp?) agreement between MSA and Motorsport Ireland to allow one anothers competitors to race in each others countries easily.
Old 6 Dec 2007, 09:29 (Ref:2082650)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Would someone care to point out what NEAFP stands for and what it means.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 6 Dec 2007 at 15:48.
Old 6 Dec 2007, 10:09 (Ref:2082680)   #4
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
"National Event with Authorised Foreign Participation"
Old 6 Dec 2007, 14:03 (Ref:2082834)   #5
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme
"National Event with Authorised Foreign Participation"
And it costs the organising club £182 to be listed and they don't even send you a little chitty type thing to say you have got NEAFP and you can't even check which meetings are listed.

Anyway, the rainlight thing is a bit of a burger, as I've been doing some sourcing and could get FIA approved [on the list] single seater led rainlights and could have got them to you - with free p+p - for £32.50
That was a waste of time and effort then wasn't it?
Old 6 Dec 2007, 15:33 (Ref:2082886)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme
When's this happening!? I race abroad on a Nat A with NEAFP and was planning to do so in 2008...

IIRC Ireland is a different matter in that there's a reciprocal (sp?) agreement between MSA and Motorsport Ireland to allow one anothers competitors to race in each others countries easily.
And so you can for next year,according to next years Bluebook.
Old 6 Dec 2007, 18:13 (Ref:2082987)   #7
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been told elsewhere that the FIA had abandoned the NEAFP thing from next year. But I can't find the actual news release or whatever.

The FIA website (http://www.fia.com/index_1024.html) includes news releases etc. but all exclusively to do with F1 and World Rally. Nothing about NEAFP, or rain lights or anything to do with club racing. Does anyone know how to access those items at the FIA, please?

John
Old 6 Dec 2007, 18:36 (Ref:2083006)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
MGDavid & I have a different understanding of the information that came our way. MGD reckons the demise of NEAFP means Int Histo licances only, I reckon it means that we can enter ANY continental race on our Nat A licence, not just NEAFP.

Here's our source (and I suspect JohnD's, too), see what you make of it:

http://www.fisc-eurotour.org/index.p...d=64&Itemid=60
Old 6 Dec 2007, 21:58 (Ref:2083191)   #9
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
'tis indeed so - I'm just a doubting mistrustful old cynic whereas MM is still young and awash with hope and optimism
There's an FIA 2008 International calendar at
http://argent.fia.com/Web/fia-public.nsf/vcal/00.1/$File/2008FULLCALENDAR.pdf
but there's hardly any clubbies on it, and no mention of NEAFP.

I asked MSA about the alleged FIA bulletin and rule change earlier this week - they haven't heard a thing...
Old 6 Dec 2007, 22:23 (Ref:2083207)   #10
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
All we want now are subsidized ferries and away we go ! Brilliant:
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 6 Dec 2007, 22:51 (Ref:2083229)   #11
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed, MM, you know me now!
I'll ask Mr.Bakker, the FISCman, how he knows.

John
Old 7 Dec 2007, 14:49 (Ref:2083665)   #12
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
All we want now are subsidized ferries and away we go ! Brilliant:
Norfolkline was £165 return for transit trailer and race car in October (unless anyone else knows of one cheaper) RCN entry fees for the ring are about £280 for a 300+ km event ( you can share the drive with 2 drivers bringing down the cost, or register for the series and save about 100 euro on the entry fee for each event )
Not too many changes to make the car compliant with the German regs, and all the officials at the ring (apart from adolf on the gate) were amazingly helpful and friendly.
2008 dates are:-

05.04. Nordschleife
19.04. Nordschleife
22.05. Nordschleife im Rahmen der ADAC-24 Stunden
22.06. Spa-Francorchamps
16.08. Nordschleife
20.09. Nordschleife
04.10. Nordschleife
18.10. Nordschleife

NEAFP was free this year, and sent amazingly quickly from the MSA.
Cars have to be pre'95 or run in the 24hour specials class.

Alan
Old 7 Dec 2007, 21:36 (Ref:2083951)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2008 MSA yearbook clearly states Int Historic and Nat A,fear not ,you may all go to the Ball[s]
Old 8 Dec 2007, 16:55 (Ref:2084409)   #14
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid
I asked MSA about the alleged FIA bulletin and rule change earlier this week - they haven't heard a thing...
Lies!! I went to a meeting with the MSA present in the last couple of weeks of Nov [can't remember date] and the MSA representative there certainly due about it....

If I could remember exactly what was said, then I'm afraid I would post it, but rumour has it I may have switched off by that point....

I *think* there will be no NEAFP calendar as such next year and I know there was much confusion about licenses, but otherwise as above I'm afraid
Old 11 Dec 2007, 09:57 (Ref:2086331)   #15
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Nice man at the MSA just answered this for me:

THe FIA have abandoned NEAFP - but individual national motorsport bodies will register their own events. So there'll be no FIA NEAFP calendar - but "Motorsport France" (don't know what their title is) will NEAFP their own events.

Bottom line - we can still race abroad
Old 11 Dec 2007, 18:49 (Ref:2086693)   #16
JohnD
Veteran

So opportunity remains for fees to the MSA, then, for 'authorisation'?
John
Old 11 Dec 2007, 20:26 (Ref:2086747)   #17
midgetman
Veteran

Does that also mean we have to race under relevant National rules rather than FIA? e.g. in Germany use catalytic convertors and HANS?