Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Jun 2008, 14:30 (Ref:2237282)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
2009 Race Calendar

19 races and the season finale is in.......oh dear!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68626
Old 25 Jun 2008, 15:17 (Ref:2237310)   #2
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely it would make sense to have UAE after Bahrain and Brazil after Canada at the end?
Old 25 Jun 2008, 15:57 (Ref:2237338)   #3
Good Times
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey / Texas
Good Times should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So much for global warming !
Old 25 Jun 2008, 16:02 (Ref:2237341)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I can't help but feel that Bernie has made some extra 'dough' from that one.

Still I suppose that the champaigne sprayed there will taste as good as the champaigne sprayed elsewhere......oh wait though!
Old 25 Jun 2008, 16:11 (Ref:2237353)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow Abu Dhabi... That's the future.
Old 25 Jun 2008, 16:25 (Ref:2237364)   #6
Stubbs
Rookie

Stubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always preferred it when the finale was in Australia, then after that Japan. Suzuka is 4th from last for next year.

I've never really though of Brazil as a season ending race, should be towards the start of the season. Might Abu Dhabi be at the end to give as much time as possible for it to be ready?
Old 25 Jun 2008, 17:05 (Ref:2237389)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Expect a season finale soaked with atmosphere then...
Old 25 Jun 2008, 17:21 (Ref:2237405)   #8
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has there been any suggestion that Abu Dhabi could be a night race?

The whole point of Brazil being the season finale as I recall was that it's timezone allowed the finale to be in prime time in Europe.

For this to continue the Abu Dhabi race would have to be timed similarly to the MotoGP event at Qatar earlier this season, namely late evening local time.
Old 25 Jun 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2237434)   #9
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That is actually a very good point. A night race there could make it a bigger event, although I don't want tonnes of night races (two will do, thank you). Brazil as the final was good (it would have been better if the race started a bit later so it's 9pm in Europe though) for timing, UAE in the evening could be spectacular as a final round.
Old 25 Jun 2008, 21:18 (Ref:2237587)   #10
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
No Indy
Old 25 Jun 2008, 21:18 (Ref:2237588)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Magny Cours again... oh jeez, shoot me in the head.
Old 25 Jun 2008, 21:20 (Ref:2237589)   #12
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Magny Cours might not be so bad next year with the new regulations.
Old 25 Jun 2008, 23:16 (Ref:2237655)   #13
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well it doesnt say Magny-Cours does it, it says France only so who knows... alsom does "Great-Britain" equal "Silverstone" ? good that Monaco doesnt have another circuit, there is no room for speculation there
Old 25 Jun 2008, 23:24 (Ref:2237661)   #14
Stefvh
Veteran

Belgium
Stefvh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Street race for the finale, great idea.
Old 25 Jun 2008, 23:58 (Ref:2237671)   #15
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Times
So much for global warming !
19 races in 2009 and maybe more thereafter.Maybe the planes they use will be fitted with KERS.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 02:11 (Ref:2237698)   #16
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there are suppossed to be Indian, Korean, Russian, and US Grand Prix's starting in the 2010 season, then will the FIA have a 23-race schedule, or will some races have to go?
Old 26 Jun 2008, 03:29 (Ref:2237710)   #17
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Burn-me has stated 20 is a good number.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 03:30 (Ref:2237711)   #18
TilkeWannabe
Veteran

Australia
Geraldton, W.A. or Beached is bro!
TilkeWannabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
22 if you get rid of Magny-BOOORING! I'm not saying that there should not be a French race in 2010. I would also get rid of Hockenheim and replace it with the Nurburgring.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 04:56 (Ref:2237726)   #19
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
TW, the German GP is alternating between Hockenheim and the new Nurburgring; this year just happens to be the "on" year for Hockenheim. The same thing is happening with Japan, where the GP will be at Fuji in the even years and Suzuka in the odd ones.

Bernie has now revised his statements given Magny Cours' development plans and now admits the French GP will be at Nevers for a least a couple of more years after 2008.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 06:16 (Ref:2237739)   #20
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do wonder about starting a race in Melbourne at 5pm that late in the year. If it's wet Bernie will get his night race without the required infrastructure.

Is there a "bad light" rule for F1?
Old 26 Jun 2008, 06:52 (Ref:2237752)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan
Has there been any suggestion that Abu Dhabi could be a night race?

The whole point of Brazil being the season finale as I recall was that it's timezone allowed the finale to be in prime time in Europe.

For this to continue the Abu Dhabi race would have to be timed similarly to the MotoGP event at Qatar earlier this season, namely late evening local time.
Abu Dhabi is 4 hrs ahead of GMT.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 11:01 (Ref:2237888)   #22
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist
TW, the German GP is alternating between Hockenheim and the new Nurburgring; this year just happens to be the "on" year for Hockenheim. The same thing is happening with Japan, where the GP will be at Fuji in the even years and Suzuka in the odd ones.

Bernie has now revised his statements given Magny Cours' development plans and now admits the French GP will be at Nevers for a least a couple of more years after 2008.
According to Allard Kalf, a Dutch TV-reporter, The FFSA (the French Motorsports Association) has a contract with Bernie to organise a French GP next year, and if they want to keep it at Magny Cours, then thats where it will be, if Bernie likes it or not.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 11:12 (Ref:2237894)   #23
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yea an FFSA member was quoted as saying that absolutely nothing is fixed with the French GP, even the proposed date is yet to be fixed next friday at an FFSA meeting (but thats just a formality)

It can be at Magny-Cours, Rouen, Paris and even at Versailles (??) the report says (its on German sites but will show up on other sites Im sure)
Old 26 Jun 2008, 11:57 (Ref:2237924)   #24
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction
I do wonder about starting a race in Melbourne at 5pm that late in the year. If it's wet Bernie will get his night race without the required infrastructure.

Is there a "bad light" rule for F1?
I imagine they will have to red flag it. However, there haven't been situations where a race has needed to be delayed for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar7605
If there are suppossed to be Indian, Korean, Russian, and US Grand Prix's starting in the 2010 season, then will the FIA have a 23-race schedule, or will some races have to go?
To be honest I doubt that any of them other than the US will ever happen. There's no possible track for the Russian GP, I doubt the Korean one will go a head. And as for India, that's more likely than the other two but it would probably be a bit short notice to get it done for 2010 if it's a permenant circuit.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 14:57 (Ref:2238079)   #25
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonso11
Well it doesnt say Magny-Cours does it, it says France only so who knows... alsom does "Great-Britain" equal "Silverstone" ?
Bernie stated at last weekends race that it would stay at Magny Bores for a few more years, as for Silverstone, yep, thats what Great Britain means.

Bernie can threaten the venue all he likes, but there isn't another circuit thats facilities and safety standards even equal, let alone surpass Silverstone.