Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Oct 2013, 01:53 (Ref:3323466)   #326
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talking about making a movie is a lot different than actually filming a movie.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 27 Oct 2013, 02:18 (Ref:3323469)   #327
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
* in the making = project in planning
Old 27 Oct 2013, 04:36 (Ref:3323486)   #328
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Since Thor was James Hunt, is Captain America going to be Dan Gurney?

On a more serious note, I haven't read the book; is it fairly focused on the racing?
Old 27 Oct 2013, 04:40 (Ref:3323487)   #329
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Blimey mates give it a chance, i hope it gets made and will reserve judgement until i one know more about it and two actually see clips or the whole film. On the small amounts of information available some people do react negatively.
Making fun of the movie industry is just WAY too much fun!
Old 27 Oct 2013, 05:08 (Ref:3323498)   #330
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Since Thor was James Hunt, is Captain America going to be Dan Gurney?

On a more serious note, I haven't read the book; is it fairly focused on the racing?
Oh yes.pick it up now! You will love it.as a Le Mans fan you will love it.

I was looking at it because it came up in a search for ford books then I saw it was about Le Mans and I had to pick it up. I have come to read it every year in the month leading up to Le Mans.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 05:19 (Ref:3323500)   #331
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
Oh yes.pick it up now! You will love it.as a Le Mans fan you will love it.

I was looking at it because it came up in a search for ford books then I saw it was about Le Mans and I had to pick it up. I have come to read it every year in the month leading up to Le Mans.
My wallet's still in recovery from my trip to Petit Le Mans, but I might try my local library.

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 27 Oct 2013 at 05:29.
Old 27 Oct 2013, 07:06 (Ref:3323513)   #332
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
My wallet's still in recovery from my trip to Petit Le Mans, but I might try my local library.
Actually I found the book first in my library buy enjoyed it so much I brought my own copy
Old 27 Oct 2013, 11:53 (Ref:3323617)   #333
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I paid 99p for it in my local Oxfam bookshop......
Old 27 Oct 2013, 15:37 (Ref:3323700)   #334
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No, but there are some chili recipes. Eat too much chili, and the title still fits.

Old 28 Oct 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3324215)   #335
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Well, you lot better be right! I just splashed 6 quid for it on Amazon.
Meantime, I'm not sure of Cruise playing Shelby. But at least I can see the race cars over his head...
Old 28 Oct 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3324293)   #336
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
And you have to remember the main criteria for driving a GT40 is you must be short and thin
Old 5 Nov 2013, 12:44 (Ref:3327494)   #337
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Well, THAT was £6 well spent. Paperback, but new, tuned up 2 days later, and read cover to cover in 2 days. Some good stuff in there.
I had NO idea Ken Miles felt that way in 1966, but may explain the accident a little...
I had no idea Surtees did that. But then I was just 7. And I suspect all my then friends were only interested in some football tournament...
Old 5 Nov 2013, 13:33 (Ref:3327514)   #338
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
There's a very few good ones
Disney-Pixar's Cars (Cars 2 is okay, as well)
Old 7 Nov 2013, 01:28 (Ref:3328284)   #339
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Exciting Sounds Le Mans 1966
Old 13 Nov 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3330918)   #340
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I didn't really know a good place to post this comment so I figured it could go here as well as any where. I was reviewing many of the old ALMS races from the early 2000s posted on You-Tube and was pleasantly surprised by the excellent color commentary provided by Bill Adam. He seemed very knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. Some of the lead commentators were just there making their usually snooze-inducing lead commentary but Bill was quite good and never dull. Of course it didn't hurt that he was a pretty good sportscar pilot in his own right, but it would be nice if we had some commentators today with his combination of knowledge and delivery. I know he's been very successful in recent years in racing Historics, but it would be really nice to get someone like him back in the announcers booth.

DK
Old 13 Nov 2013, 21:40 (Ref:3331006)   #341
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
I didn't really know a good place to post this comment so I figured it could go here as well as any where. I was reviewing many of the old ALMS races from the early 2000s posted on You-Tube and was pleasantly surprised by the excellent color commentary provided by Bill Adam. He seemed very knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. Some of the lead commentators were just there making their usually snooze-inducing lead commentary but Bill was quite good and never dull. Of course it didn't hurt that he was a pretty good sportscar pilot in his own right, but it would be nice if we had some commentators today with his combination of knowledge and delivery. I know he's been very successful in recent years in racing Historics, but it would be really nice to get someone like him back in the announcers booth.

DK
I agree, I was watching an old IMSA race they he was commenting on and thought he did an excellent job. Of course it helped that he had driven a GTP only a year or two earlier.
Old 13 Nov 2013, 22:31 (Ref:3331027)   #342
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
99.99 dollars is a bit steep for my piggy bank, but luckily someone has uploaded it completely on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw1uBiq-ptM
Old 15 Nov 2013, 00:55 (Ref:3331564)   #343
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:

DK
He did some ALMS commentary in 2011, the ABC/ESPN2 broadcasts, if I recall correctly.

Also, isn't Shea Adam, the Radio Le Mans pit reporter at the LM24 for the past few years, a relative of his?
Old 15 Nov 2013, 01:37 (Ref:3331575)   #344
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He did some ALMS commentary in 2011, the ABC/ESPN2 broadcasts, if I recall correctly.

Also, isn't Shea Adam, the Radio Le Mans pit reporter at the LM24 for the past few years, a relative of his?
Daughter.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 16:02 (Ref:3331785)   #345
Breitling24
Veteran

Quote:

DK
+1

Old 15 Nov 2013, 17:41 (Ref:3331825)   #346
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who would you rank as the top 5 sportscar specific broadcasters/jounralists/pundits right now? I know there's not many but I'll give you my ranking in order.

1. John Hindbaugh (voice of sportscars who eles would be #1)
2. John Dagys
3. Marshal Pruett
4. Graham Goodwin
5. Leo Parente
Old 15 Nov 2013, 17:50 (Ref:3331830)   #347
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Who would you rank as the top 5 sportscar specific broadcasters/jounralists/pundits right now? I know there's not many but I'll give you my ranking in order.

1. John Hindbaugh (voice of sportscars who eles would be #1)
2. John Dagys
3. Marshal Pruett
4. Graham Goodwin
5. Leo Parente
If you're going with just sportscars it really is Hindy and then everyone else far behind. If you allow for some bleedover from F1, good old brother Hobbs really knows his stuff and I really enjoy his commentary on the Le Mans broadcasts. He wasn't too bad behind the wheel either in his day.

DK
Old 15 Nov 2013, 21:20 (Ref:3331915)   #348
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Any commentator that reports what happens without preconceived ideas gets my vote. They're in short supply nowadays.

See I can be as negative as the next poster
Old 15 Nov 2013, 22:06 (Ref:3331933)   #349
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
See I can be as negative as the next poster
Yep, we knew that
Old 15 Nov 2013, 23:17 (Ref:3331966)   #350
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Next Poster View Post
Yep, we knew that