Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Oct 2012, 01:02 (Ref:3147945)   #51
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
Why does Vettel change his crash helmet every race, does he have shares in a helmet company or an undecided mind....
Maybe he's a frustrated graphic artist and is never satisfied with his work?
Old 8 Oct 2012, 01:15 (Ref:3147950)   #52
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bad luck for Alonso; they didn't show the on board from Kimi's car. What is it with Grosjean? Maybe he should go to IndyCar where they are alternating rolling starts with standing starts. Not a brilliant race but a pivotal one, in terms of the championship.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3148276)   #53
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Is it now a 'two horse' race? Or should that be a Black Horse and a Red Bull race?

It certainly looks more likely to me that someone will end up being a three time champion, rather than a two time champion.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 08:09 (Ref:3148691)   #54
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is really silly...

http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/sos...asdaimot_1/Tes

in spanish only, sorry..., this "newspaper" says Raikkonen may have taken out Alonso at the start due to Renault connections...

I am spanish and feel really ashamed by this kind of press...
Old 9 Oct 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3148718)   #55
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
This is really silly...

http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/sos...asdaimot_1/Tes

in spanish only, sorry..., this "newspaper" says Raikkonen may have taken out Alonso at the start due to Renault connections...

I am spanish and feel really ashamed by this kind of press...
Good you got the last sentence with .
But yes, that is the kind of conspiracy, kids who just realized the world is bigger than their nose, could make.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 10:13 (Ref:3148735)   #56
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absurd biasing (is it the correct word?) and total lack of knowledge of what Formula 1 is about is very common in sport journalists, not just spanish...
Old 9 Oct 2012, 10:35 (Ref:3148748)   #57
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Absurd biasing (is it the correct word?) and total lack of knowledge of what Formula 1 is about is very common in sport journalists, not just spanish...
The sad truth of much journalism - if there is not a story - make one!
Old 9 Oct 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3148758)   #58
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The irony in the Alonso turn 1 incident is that if gravel was still in place all the way around T1 & T2, he probably wouldn't have spun back into the path of oncoming cars at the start of the race. Tarmac isn't always safer.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 11:13 (Ref:3148765)   #59
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I stand to be corrected but I'm not sure the gravel ever extended to turn two. IIRC Villeneuve lost a wheel at turn two in the 90s and ended up in the tyre wall.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3149060)   #60
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Pehaps McClaren dont want the No1 and No2 numbers to go on a Mercedes next year...
Tongue in cheek
After his news of the move came out, it must affect the attitude of Lewis side of the garage surely?
McC, by and large, will be only too glad to see the back of Lulu, just so long as he doesn't take the No1 with him. Quite rightly, they will now be leaving him well out of the loop on updates, etc, and doing just the bare minimum to fulfil their contractual requirements. There was no way they were going to ask JB to cede to him here, and quite right, too.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 21:37 (Ref:3149071)   #61
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hammy was never close enough for that to happen but i was hoping for that situation to unfold. for better or worse thats a story i want to see play out on a race track and might have made for a more exciting race.

Mclaren are right to freeze LH out of future development but i think its a bit rude for them to say it out loud. its should sort of be an unspoken thing but i guess they are just that mad at him (and i suppose understandably so).

im sure others have a different opinion but drivers dont seem to leave Mclaren as happy as when they got there. DC wrote a book, JPM left the sport,, Kimi became a hippy, Alonso called the feds...one only wonders at what damage LH will do via twitter or whatever if they cant find a way to part amicably.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3149075)   #62
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Mclaren are right to freeze LH out of future development but i think its a bit rude for them to say it out loud. its should sort of be an unspoken thing but i guess they are just that mad at him (and i suppose understandably so).
Or they were asked?
Old 9 Oct 2012, 21:58 (Ref:3149080)   #63
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I stand to be corrected but I'm not sure the gravel ever extended to turn two. IIRC Villeneuve lost a wheel at turn two in the 90s and ended up in the tyre wall.
It did, I believe. Mansell had a similar crash there to Alonso in about 1991 or 1992 (I forget which) and he simply ran wide and into the gravel, stopping within a few tens of metres.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 09:58 (Ref:3149290)   #64
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 14 Oct 2012, 08:40 (Ref:3151397)   #65
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I understand Spanish and the Spanish motorsport press is quite awfully partisan.

The word is 'bias'.